Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
How is a taco, which you have classified as a sandwich in your OP, any different from a folded open-face sandwich? This is affirmative action, isn't it?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Popular Thug Drink posted:

The open face sandwich is not traditionally folded. If you pick up an open face sandwich and fold it, for convenience, you have created a demi-closed face sandwich a.k.a. a taco.

Fair enough. You weren't very clear when Gravel Gravy introduced the idea of the folded open-face sandwich above.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I, for one, prefer to take a topological approach to defining objects such as sandwiches. Tacos and open-face sandwiches are homeomorphic, and therefore should be classified together.

It's like how one is not permitted to eat degenerate donuts (e.g. donut holes) on National Donut Day, but bagels are kosher.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

chaosbreather posted:

A sandwich contains fresh sliced bread. That is incontrovertible, because that's what you get when you ask for a sandwich. A hamburger does not. Therefore it is not a superset.

Then you agree that when I bake fresh rolls, cut them in two, then stick seared ground beef between the two halves, I am eating a sandwich? Otherwise you've revealed a profound weakness in your supposedly authoritative means of classification.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Are Oreos a sandwich? Related: what is the minimal size at which a foodstuff can attain sandwichicity?

• Locked thread