Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

I am disappointed that noone has thought to apply the rules of taxonomy in an effort to clear up the confusion.

If we consider variations in filing can be considered a species (so we can distinguish between a chicken filled taco, and one with a beef filling), we can then stepping up a rank and apply a Genus to the primary designation, for example Taco. As a taco is constructed with a singular outer membrane, and thus I would suggest a family name of perhaps monoderm. This allows us to group wraps, tacos, hotdogs, and other singularly wrapped foods of the family SANDWICH, which of course, is distinct from the classic (and original?) species.

For example SANDWICH, Duoderm sandwich caseum is a humble cheese sandwich.
A Hot Dog would then be SANDWICH, Monoderm hotdog capsicum for a chilli dog.

I encourage further taxonomic discussion, so that these kinds of confusion can be finally laid to rest.

e: incorrect bbcode fix!

OzyMandrill fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Nov 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

I put forward the theorem that the number of bread-enveloped edible products does not come close to the number of species on this planet. Furthermore, as there is no genetic component to the creation of such a dough-wrapped delicacy, there cannot be a later discovery of knowledge that supersedes the previous classification. Thus I find your dismissal of the attempt to form a generic classification system to be both facile and showing the simple-mindedness of a larder nazi.

As if the breadth of worldwide sandwichkind can be pinned down to a single definition?

Preposterous!

• Locked thread