Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm enjoying 2 quite a bit but the backtracking is kind of unreal. It's kind of annoying having only a single miradox so when I see a A rank doors or something in Old Springdale jaunting aaall the way back to the station is so annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
With the Collection Correction quest, I wonder how much of the things im hunting for are found in the present or past.

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm enjoying 2 quite a bit but the backtracking is kind of unreal. It's kind of annoying having only a single miradox so when I see a A rank doors or something in Old Springdale jaunting aaall the way back to the station is so annoying.

The wikia says that there's a Miradox baffle board by the Springdale Community Center that unlocks a warp to Old Springdale. I haven't been able to confirm it yet.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
That Miradox only pops up near the end of the game, so unless you feel like beating the main story real quick, it's not really an option. You do get another Miradox at the crank a kai when you beat the game though.

That Collection Correction sidequest has a good amount of quest items sitting in other sidequest rewards too. I still don't know where most of the items are because of it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just beat the final boss christ that was 100% chaotic and difficult. I don't even know what her gimmick could possibly be, I just kinda got lucky things worked out for me, was tooth or nail the entire time.

Also looked up a video of it to show a friend and saw a big voice acted scene that seems pretty important. Weird they cut it out of the English version.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah im only missing three items for collection correction - the marilyn monroe dress, the snap-turtle thing, and the hero cutout. i've talked to pretty much every NPC i can think of, but I've got no dice on em.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just beat the final boss christ that was 100% chaotic and difficult. I don't even know what her gimmick could possibly be, I just kinda got lucky things worked out for me, was tooth or nail the entire time.

Also looked up a video of it to show a friend and saw a big voice acted scene that seems pretty important. Weird they cut it out of the English version.

That last scene may be from the 3rd version. Which has some extra stuff on the final boss apparently.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Welp, just beat the game. that final boss was something else, especially considering how everything before it was a breeze

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

spit on my clit posted:

Welp, just beat the game. that final boss was something else, especially considering how everything before it was a breeze

Yeah, I beat it last night. I felt over levelled for most of it, but I had to spend a lot of time grinding to beat the boss. I grinded about 10 levels, so my Yokai were level 44 to 50, but I still had to take two tries at the second form of the final boss.

At least the game takes a break between forms, so you can save, grind and buy more medicine between them.

Now I'm trying to find evolution items. I need a Mermaid's Jewel and a Glacial Clip.

Before the end game, I decided to swap my Faux Kappa for a Frostina because I already had a water guy with Mermaidyn. I probably spent 40 minutes biking around Uptown Springdale looking in trees and feeding shaved ice to Frostinas before one finally joined me. I really should've put Schmoopie in my team earlier. Then I had to spent another hour getting her levels up.

I want to get all the pretty lady Yokai, so I'm gonna be looking for whatever Smogmella evolves from and a Grumples with her evolution item.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Nessa posted:

Now I'm trying to find evolution items. I need a Mermaid's Jewel and a Glacial Clip.

pretty sure they're both in jungle hunters. mermaid jewel definitely is.

thankfully grinding those out is a lot easier in this game since they changed fishing. Talk to the guy on the boat in san fantastico and he'll take you deep sea fishing after you finish a quest for him, you can rack up points pretty quick there.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I grabbed this game so I could have something to play during the hurricane, and I can't put this poo poo down. I apparently need better friends: every person I photo is Fishpicable.

I have a question though: is there a Mirapo in Old Springdale? It's a pain in the dick to get back there from the Miradox.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Inflammatory posted:

pretty sure they're both in jungle hunters. mermaid jewel definitely is.

thankfully grinding those out is a lot easier in this game since they changed fishing. Talk to the guy on the boat in san fantastico and he'll take you deep sea fishing after you finish a quest for him, you can rack up points pretty quick there.

Weird, they weren't there earlier, but they're there now!

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
I'm wondering how important people find the... personality adjusting aspect of Yo-Kai to be. I'm still only a ways into the first game (roaming the construction site downtown for the first time,) and I honestly haven't used a single book on any of my crew. Mostly, it's because the game couldn't be arsed to explain itself to me. Mostly, Whisper basically decided to tell me, "Yo-Kai have different personalities that make them act differently. For example (insert one example here.) I can't be bothered to tell you what the rest of them do. Try and figure it out yourself." So I said, "Okay, fine," and decided my Yo-Kai knew their own business. Something like four chapters later a Jimmy Durante impression popped out of a Teddy Bear on the streets and actually, finally, (mostly) explained what the personality components mean. Thanks Whisper. I had to go learn the facts on the mean streets.

I mean, until I read this thread I didn't know personality affected level up bonuses.

So, Yo-Kai Watch 1, I'm sitting on a mountain of books I've never bothered to use, and I'm wondering if I'm in too deep to start now or if it even creates enough of an impact to worry about. Most of my healers are gentle, and most of my attackers are grouchy. And most of my magickins are logical. I guess I could try and make more of them stiff or serious minded so they'd stop loafing. Or try and see if Rough is better than Grouchy in the long run.

Meh, I try avoid hitting wikis or walkthroughs for games, but as much fun as I'm having with the setting and monster-characters of this game, it's so obtuse I feel like I'm supposed to wiki-surf for it.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Just in general terms you want more speed then the related damage stats. Your dudes getting more turns gives you more time to purify, do soultimates, use items, and just do more damage. This is also in consideration of how the post game bosses will outspeed you if you don't and start getting multiple turns. Good news is generally their personalities tend to be best suited to themselves anyways. A magic user is going to tend to be logical which gets them more spirit and speed. The alternative is brainy which gets em more spirit and also makes them use techniques more often which could be more useful for bosses.Keep in mind you can switch em back and forth if you want.

All in all, it's not really a big deal if you aren't going to do pvp battles or fight the post game bosses. I know from experience that in yokai watch 1 I was able to beat the post game without using a single book. I hear in 2 that the big optional boss is a real motherfucker, so I'm digging into it a bit.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
I was trying to do the Yo-kai Cam challenge (in 2, Bony) for today (snap a legendary) but my battery light went red before I could find a photo that worked for me on GIS. I just started the game day before yesterday, and the attempt got me up to 90 yokai snapped.

That said, I did save this funny one:

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

Finally getting somewhere in this game and I'm stuck at the second to last boss. Everywhere I'm seeing is just "level level level" which is a pain in the rear end. My Yo-kai are all in the late 30s...

This game also feels way shorter than the first one. Is that just to get you to play the other version?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

A GODDAMN TYPO posted:

Everywhere I'm seeing is just "level level level" which is a pain in the rear end. My Yo-kai are all in the late 30s...
All in the late 30s is definitely enough to "beat the game". I think I had 3 in late 30s and 3 in early 30s when I beat the game. But there are a million things you might be able to improve. How many healers are you using? Do you have equipment set for speed or defense depending on what you need? Do your yokai loaf because they don't have a serious life? etc.

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

dirby posted:

All in the late 30s is definitely enough to "beat the game". I think I had 3 in late 30s and 3 in early 30s when I beat the game. But there are a million things you might be able to improve. How many healers are you using? Do you have equipment set for speed or defense depending on what you need? Do your yokai loaf because they don't have a serious life? etc.

It definitely wasn't enough. I had two/three healers (one was a damage dealer as well) and I had to grind until early/mid 40s before I managed to beat the game. I didn't have any loafers, and I did my best to minmax for equipment. It's done now though, which is the important thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Thread looks a little dead but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I just found out I can't get the sailor cat or Robo cat with my physical versions of the game. Would anyone be able to trade them? I have a few A ranked Yo Kai from the gatcha I'd be able to give you. My daughter and I were hoping to get the sailor and robot respectively for our teams but I can't read apparently.

• Locked thread