Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

So my first impressions: this game is pretty neato. Mechanically its not as complex as something like Pokemon, but it's got enough of it's own style and things going on that it doesn't feel redundant as a monster catcher RPG. The town the game takes place in is nicely detailed and I'd compare it favorably to the town segments of the Megaman Battle Network games. NPCs tell you briefly about their marital troubles and there are like a million cats roaming around each with a different dialogue variation on saying "meow" at you. Also the game includes what I consider the most important feature any RPG with a modern setting should have- being able to dig through the garbage. Sometimes you will find useful raw chicken, sometimes you will find an old man sweet potato ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

Speaking of coins, I got some treats here.

Looks like they're slipping a QR code at the end of each episode of the dubbed anime on youtube. Each episode is only on YT for a week so here's the QRs from episodes 2, 4, and 5. You can activate a QR reader mode in piggleston bank to claim a coin from each of these.

And here is a code specifically for an Excitement coin, apparently from some Nintendo World promotion. You can claim this at the post office: TW0B1T5

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Don't save after a bad coin use, reload and wait until tomorrow to try again?

From the OP:
"The results you get from this machine are not able to be influenced by saving and reloading. Your rewards are determined as soon as you make a new save file and never ever change. "

• Locked thread