Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Jeb! Bush
Carly Fiorina
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
Mike Huckabee
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
LIVE STREAMS

http://www.foxbusiness.com/live-coverage/fox-business-network-wall-street-journal-gop-debates?intcmp=whatshot will not require a cable subscription.

In case the official one doesn't work for whatever reason, these :yarr: ones did last time:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/
http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/
http://www.hulkusc.com/

IRC

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

LOGISTICS

Venue: Milwaukee Theater, Milwaukee, WI
Moderators: Gerard Baker, Neil Cavuto, Maria Bartiromo
Sponsors: Fox Business Network, the Wall Street Journal

THE CONTENDERS

7pm THE KIDDIE TABLE

• Chris Christie, Governor of New Jersey
  • Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas
  • Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana
  • Rick Santorum, former Senator from Pennsylvania

9pm THE DONALD and other people, who cares

With their greatest political achievement.

Claims to be Constitutionally Eligible

Egyptologist

Senator from Florida

Senator from Texas

former Governor of Florida

Former CEO of HP

Governor of Ohio

Senator from Kentucky

Joementum has issued a correction as of 00:57 on Nov 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Calling it now, freshly re-booted high-energy badass Jeb! is going to win the debate.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The republican debates are the best thing on TV.

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Jeb! of course. So excited for when he explains how he'll go back time to make Hitler's mom abort him, even going as far as to personally perform the abortion himself.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Marco continues his unique strategy of not appearing like a jackass.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I am literally shaking in anticipation of Dr. Ben "Ghazi" Carson, Wielder of the Hammer of Justice and Friend to All Bears, taking the stage

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am going to make shrimp stir fry and get some schwartzhog for tonight

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

tinstaach posted:

I am literally shaking in anticipation of Dr. Ben "Ghazi" Carson, Wielder of the Hammer of Justice and Friend to All Bears, taking the stage
I predict that tonight is when his bubble bursts.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
After all that bullshit about "gotcha" questions, I'm worried that this debate is going to be a total snoozer.

Prediction: Rubio continues his stratregy of staying as hidden as possible, precariously keeping his momentum going.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Either needs more tongue or some luxurious barf

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
What happened to Lindsey Graham and George Pataki? Undone by current polling?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Auritech posted:

Graham's still under a bar somewhere in Boulder, and Pataki is building a time machine.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ted cruz is absolute poo poo.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Nov 10, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

aaargh

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

I could have gone through life happy without having seen that.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
oh god it's hideous

I too am worried that this debate won't live up to the past ones. If the moderators are actually worried that any substantial questions are going to be taken as "gotcha" questions, it could very well end up being a boring round of rotating stump speeches. That would probably be to Carson's and Rubio's advantage. It's always possible that the moderators actually do their jobs as members of the media and say "I hardly think a question about your tax plan is a 'gotcha' question!" but I find it unlikely.

Someone tell me about Gerard Baker and Maria Bartiromo

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Auritech posted:

Yep, no half-drunk hilarity from Lindsey Graham tonight.:smith:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Matthewtheman posted:

Jeb! of course. So excited for when he explains how he'll go back time to make Hitler's mom abort him, even going as far as to personally perform the abortion himself.

Pro-choice trap activated :henget:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Pro-choice trap activated :henget:

Senator Cruz: If you knew a fetus would one day grow up to be the most prolific abortion doctor ever, would you want that fetus aborted?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Cruz's neck wattle is far more disturbing than Lindsey Graham's.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I can't wait for Jeb! to gently caress up amazingly!

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I can't wait to see the mods gotcha the gently caress out of ben

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

a shameful boehner posted:

Cruz's neck wattle is far more disturbing than Lindsey Graham's.

He's made entirely out of wattles. Go ahead; try to find a part of him that isn't wattle.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

I'm amazed a photo of Ben Carson with his eyes open to that extent exists.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
For some reason I keep reading it as Rick Scrotum instead of Rick Santorum.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
The only reason I wouldn't really worry about a lack of substantive or big questions is that people have to make something happen, and this will be their only chance. So even with puffball questions, we should still see swipes being taken and when that happens, none of these people can resist letting their crazy flag fly. Eventually every debate tends to devolve in this way on the GOP side.

EDIT: I also think the networks will find at least a little confidence in the fact that the campaigns tried to come together on a crybaby boycott, but between some of the candidates who don't want to appear weak when strength is all they have, and the fact that there is just general dysfunction, it seems as though that's not going to be able to pan out unless you really get ridiculous with questioning, something Fox Business was never going to get close to doing anyway.

Beforehand has issued a correction as of 18:51 on Nov 10, 2015

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Beforehand posted:

The only reason I wouldn't really worry about a lack of substantive or big questions is that people have to make something happen, and this will be their only chance. So even with puffball questions, we should still see swipes being taken and when that happens, none of these people can resist letting their crazy flag fly. Eventually every debate tends to devolve in this way on the GOP side.

This has been my theory as well and I think tonight will put it to the test. There's no need for the moderators to try to make things happen; the candidates are desperate enough for the spotlight that they'll attack each other and get the crazy train rolling all on their own.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Hm, don't know if a Grahamless kiddie table is worth watching...

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
I think all Republican debates should have a 'feats of strength' portion, that doesn't end until someone pins Trump

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
Graham failed to qualify due to his poll numbers are less than 1%.

Apparently he will be using social media to reply to the debate questions.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/11/09/lindsey-graham-to-make-his-voice-heard-during-debate-on-social-media/

quote:

“I promise you, I’ll be the funniest one of the whole debate,” Mr. Graham said in an interview.

So no the kiddie table probably won't be worth watching unless Christie does something.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
So Graham drunk live tweeting the debate.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Reminds me of an old mad magazine spoof. In other words I like it

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
What about moderator predictions: Will they race to suck the candidate's dick or ask actual questions that they researched?

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Kurt_Cobain posted:

What about moderator predictions: Will they race to suck the candidate's dick or ask actual questions that they researched?

I'm leaning towards dicksucking

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
First time a non-Trump has led the pre-debate thread poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Bryter posted:

Hm, don't know if a Grahamless kiddie table is worth watching...

I'm watching in hopes that Christie will go for broke and start throwing haymakers, culminating in making Bobby Jindal run off the stage crying on live national TV.

• Locked thread