Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Jeb! Bush
Carly Fiorina
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
Mike Huckabee
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Harald posted:

maybe we should have like free community college or something, idk, just a crazy idea

BUT WHAT IF A BLACK PERSON GETS SOMETHING FOR FREE !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
So can I read this 3 page tax plan?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I still wonder how all the lovely candidates did...are any about ready to drop out now?

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

pathetic little tramp posted:

Jeb "ClearwaterCuck" Bush

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wound up missing about twenty minutes to a phone call, but overall this was just kinda bonkers to me.

While I feel like I'll be hearing about how "substantive" this debate was for the rest of my life I don't feel like it really was. Didn't seem any more in control than the CNBC debate, the real difference is that they didn't peddle the liberal media canard because they're on goddamned Fox already. The mods on both debates tonight got steamrolled hard and that stupid bell may as well not have existed. A few people got in a some zingers in but the only person I see actually benefiting is Rubio who was whitebread as humanly possible but he didn't seem like a bully nor did he seem like a(s much of a) petulant child. I'd say Rand Paul's China/TPP thing is the highlight for me but I completely doubt that'll get any play in the media at large. It was a full-stop "proceed, governor" moment to me though.

Kaisich feels like, of that field, the only one who I'd be able to even tolerate. Guy's no prize but he at least articulates and explains the need for function and some compassion for people. That thing at the start where Trump and Carson were basically asked if the minimum wage is too high is some blood-boiling poo poo. I wonder just how low they think it should be? Like maybe employees should pay for the privilege? Goddamn these people.

This debate just felt less "fun" to me. I don't know if it's reality smacking me or if the circus is just losing appeal to me. I definitely feel less like laughing at the stupid and more like laughing because my alternative is curling into a ball and weeping.

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
Jeb and Kasich were pro-amnesty, right? Trump and Cruz was for deportation everyone. Did Rubio say he would give amnesty?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Did Rubio say anything? I think he's pro amnesty though.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Harald posted:

maybe we should have like free community college or something, idk, just a crazy idea

We should, but that's only half the equation here. You can have as many graduates as you want, but having the jobs and decent enough pay to survive on is what's lacking in the first place. People will tend to learn the skills that are considered "valuable" by contemporary consensus, which changes based on where most of the capital is flowing. Right now, there's a lot of focus on STEM jobs, and we currently have an absolute glut of law degrees. Competition for an increasingly limited number of positions in those fields is getting intense. (Want an entry-level position? Better have a masters and 5 years of experience!)

Fundamentally there's an issue about labor and cutting down on that to the point where you have 1 person handling the labors of 4 as the new normal.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Xandu posted:

So can I read this 3 page tax plan?

I saw a video on it, don't ask any questions though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Edit:
Never mind.

Spacebump has issued a correction as of 06:27 on Nov 11, 2015

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Are the three pages printed back to back?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Neil Cavuto is an ugly man.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Cabinet posted:

Are the three pages printed back to back?

For that matter, the American public deserves details on font, letter size, spacing, and margins. :colbert:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Combed Thunderclap posted:

For that matter, the American public deserves details on font, letter size, spacing, and margins. :colbert:

Papyrus 8 pt

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
DUDE?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
90 minutes of most creative ways to lower taxes, wages being too high, and some shout outs to the gold standard count as a serious and substantive debate

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I like that at one point, as Rand was challenging the definition of spending and conservatism, Rubio and Cruz all but shouted "WAR IS PEACE" over him.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

nachos posted:

90 minutes of most creative ways to lower taxes, wages being too high, and some shout outs to the gold standard count as a serious and substantive debate

Don't forget the rambling incoherent responses when a moderator asks for clarification on their insane ideas.

Oh and don't forget to cacophony of every candidates stump speech echoing in unison off of the hollow skulls of the base.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Is this supposed to be a gotcha question? Thats a logically consistent answer.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
BBC reporter described Kasich as "Kass-eesh."

Is John Hussein al-Kaseesh a secret Muslim plant? :tinfoil:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Still waiting on Cruz's loving birth certificate over here

edit - the LONG form one of course

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

okay so i payed literally 0 attention to this debate. seems to be overshadowed by the poo poo happening in missouri. what's the verdict here, who won? will Jeb! drop out soon?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

icantfindaname posted:

okay so i payed literally 0 attention to this debate. seems to be overshadowed by the poo poo happening in missouri. what's the verdict here, who won? will Jeb! drop out soon?
Rubio stays strong, Rand makes a surprise showing, Bush continues to flounder and Kasich became Jim Webb.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

how about the donald?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

icantfindaname posted:

how about the donald?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i didn't even know this was happening is bush still crashing and burning? has carson fever subsided? is trump still yooj?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

how about the donald?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

i didn't even know this was happening is bush still crashing and burning? has carson fever subsided? is trump still yooj?

Spectacularly; expected to in the next few weeks; yes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
jeb may have some underlying mental issues after that stutter-fest

heck nobody interrupted him, they all wanted to let him make a fool of himself

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Logikv9 posted:

jeb may have some underlying mental issues after that stutter-fest

heck nobody interrupted him, they all wanted to let him make a fool of himself

It's getting to the point where his death spiral is more painful than funny.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I do feel a strange pity for Jeb Bush now that I no longer see him as a threat.

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015
I missed the debate, but I can see a bunch of libertarian people on social media proclaiming that Rand won. In other words, the sky is blue and hazy.
Any truth to this?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Anchor Wanker posted:

I missed the debate, but I can see a bunch of libertarian people on social media proclaiming that Rand won. In other words, the sky is blue and hazy.
Any truth to this?

He did manage to stump the trump at one stage and got some claps for it.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

breaking: rand paul has the clap

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Anchor Wanker posted:

Any truth to this?
Rand honestly did better than he did in any previous debate and better than anyone expected. Even pointed out that Donald's ranting and raving about the TPP was completely groundless.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
is anyone going to talk about how it looked like Trump was going to lose an argument on immigration until Cruz stepped in and reframed the whole debate?

I feel like this isn't the first time Cruz has run lead blocker for the Donald.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

is anyone going to talk about how it looked like Trump was going to lose an argument on immigration until Cruz stepped in and reframed the whole debate?

I feel like this isn't the first time Cruz has run lead blocker for the Donald.

Yeah, Cruz is one of those pathetic, sniveling toadies common to late '80s/early '90s cartoons or action shows for children.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This overconfidence is how we got Obama/Romney Round 1.

In the end Round 1 was just a complicated delivery system to get Romney into "Proceed, Governor :smug:" position in Round 2. Obama playing 5th Dimensional Chess again!

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Cardboard Box A posted:

Rand honestly did better than he did in any previous debate and better than anyone expected. Even pointed out that Donald's ranting and raving about the TPP was completely groundless.

But did he do well enough to actually gain some ground? Is there any real chance that this does anything for him or is he just gonna continue chillin where he's at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Anchor Wanker posted:

But did he do well enough to actually gain some ground? Is there any real chance that this does anything for him or is he just gonna continue chillin where he's at?
I'm confident he'll be able to continue to do well enough to stay out of the undercard debates until he inevitably suspends his campaign.

• Locked thread