Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Jeb! Bush
Carly Fiorina
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Chris Christie
Mike Huckabee
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

First time a non-Trump has led the pre-debate thread poll.

big if true

also, what is jeb's strategy walking into this? Is it "be himself", which will backfire? Is it "attack rubio", because it will backfire? i actually want to know what his strategy is coming into this debate...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Isn't Jeb!'s new thing to be a brash, take-no-prisoners loudmouth like Trump? He's gonna try being combative, get smacked down by Trump (or a moderator) and be left whimpering with his tail between his legs.

I predict this may be the last big debate we see the ole joyful tortoise in.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Herv posted:

Either needs more tongue or some luxurious barf

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Rocks posted:

also, what is jeb's strategy walking into this? Is it "be himself", which will backfire? Is it "attack rubio", because it will backfire? i actually want to know what his strategy is coming into this debate...

I predict that we see salty ¡Jeb!. He'll be all angry and outraged (well, as much as ¡Jeb! can be), but towards general policies or approaches and not towards particular candidates. Naming individual candidates would just get him another smackdown, so he'll avoid that.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I don't think Jeb! is capable of anything other than the slow, weak mannerisms he's already displaying. He can keep reinventing himself however he likes and he can write different and better opening/closing statements, but when it gets down to talking to the other candidates he's gonna get steamrolled.

Basically he can talk big but he can't act big.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I predict Jeb will do his best tonight. Not because I think he's able to find some meager form of confidence to work with, but rather because Trump wants Jeb to stick around to split Rubio's potential votes further, and will take it easy on him. Mind you, nothing would bring me greater joy than to see Jeb fall another 2% after tonight.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Xenophon posted:

Someone tell me about Gerard Baker and Maria Bartiromo

Maria Bartiromo was one of the first female anchors on cnbc. She was chosen for her looks as a first thought and maybe her intelligence as a distant 10th. She was literally called "The Money Honey" That should tell you all you need to know about her.
No idea about the other guy.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Azuth0667 posted:

For some reason I keep reading it as Rick Scrotum instead of Rick Santorum.

Actually less vulgar.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Bloody Queef posted:

Maria Bartiromo was one of the first female anchors on :siren:cnbc.:siren: She was chosen for her looks as a first thought and maybe her intelligence as a distant 10th. She was literally called "The Money Honey" That should tell you all you need to know about her.
No idea about the other guy.

Is anyone vetting these people? How can we know that the Money Honey won't come out with the gotcha of a lifetime? Is there no such thing as fairness in politics?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Internet Webguy posted:

Is anyone vetting these people? How can we know that the Money Honey won't come out with the gotcha of a lifetime? Is there no such thing as fairness in politics?

Carson wrote the moderators Valium prescriptions in advance of the debate

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

Bartiromo was the moderator who got the ball rolling on Newt Gingrich's assault on the media during the last round of debates; she was vicious.

I have to imagine since Trump and Christie are separated, Christie is going to make a lot of hay tonight out of really pummeling the other candidates on the kiddie table.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Joementum posted:

Senator from Kentucky

"So what are you wearing?"

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

"So what are you wearing?"

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

What timezones are the op in?

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Mentioned to a friend that Christie had been relegated to the kid's table debate. "Well, looks like the kids are going to starve"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Little_wh0re posted:

What timezones are the op in?
:rolleyes:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
I hope they bring up the baby Hitler comment during the Planned Parenthood segment. :allears:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Tuned in early and god these people are even worse than the CNBC shitheads

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

rear end cobra posted:

Tuned in early and god these people are even worse than the CNBC shitheads

how is that possible?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

how is that possible?

FBN is the Fox version of CNBC, sooooooo.....

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Joementum posted:

FBN is the Fox version of CNBC, sooooooo.....

I was thinking more that given the blowback of the CNBC debate, you would think that FBN would be a bit more self-aware this go-around, but I see your point.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bro, do you even debate?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I was thinking more that given the blowback of the CNBC debate, you would think that FBN would be a bit more self-aware this go-around, but I see your point.

What do you mean? Their blowback because literally once one of the CNBC people said 'wait that's not true' to a candidate and that's just MEAN. These are the kinds of idiots who are on the candidate's side, they're in no danger.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Joementum posted:

Bro, do you even debate?

Joe, compare this photo with the one you posted in the GOP thread and see how Kasich is dressed in each. Kasich came straight off the court to the podium.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joe, compare this photo with the one you posted in the GOP thread and see how Kasich is dressed in each. Kasich came straight off the court to the podium.

Sometimes I am unfair to politicians by posting out-of-context images for comedic effect.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Joementum posted:

Sometimes I am unfair to politicians by posting out-of-context images for comedic effect.

Haha. You're good, man. I hope you're putting your skills to good use out in the real world. Come to think of it...you never did deny being Ken Rudin.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Is graham going to do the twitter responses from @lindseygrahamsc or @GrahamBlog

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Thank God this debate is on FOX so they'll actually be asked economic questions related to all of the major economic issues we face.

NBC is trash.

Also no joke questions that only gets asked of republicans by the liberal MSM, like "would you kill baby hitler?" You won't see them ask Clinton questions that will make her look bad no matter how she answers.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Patiently waiting for the Democrats to go into enemy territory just like the GOP does and have a Democratic debate on FOX.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Excitement: connoted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD27ZwTdylE

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Im european and i want in on this action, how much time is left till this shitshow starts?

i need my wacky carson fix

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Humans Among Us posted:

Im european and i want in on this action, how much time is left till this shitshow starts?

42 minutes until the kiddle table, 2:42 until Trump.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Thanks joementum i love you

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I can't believe people are still writing "this debate is make or break for Jeb!/Christie" when their campaigns were basically over months ago and they're both thoroughly broken. At this point "make or break" is starting to sound like "the next 6 months in Iraq."

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
Lou Dobbs' dye job is Grayson-esque in its blatancy.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
The pundits have just declared Jeb Bush a "bonafide hater". Yes, elections are fantastic.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Humans Among Us posted:

Me too. I'm unashamedly addicted to the insanity.

MaxxBot posted:

I can't believe people are still writing "this debate is make or break for Jeb!/Christie" when their campaigns were basically over months ago and they're both thoroughly broken. At this point "make or break" is starting to sound like "the next 6 months in Iraq."

I can't believe most of these article writers actually drink their own Kool-Aid, they can see the poll numbers as clearly as we can but they need something breathless and excited to write about the debate.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
PredictIt, highlighting the important issues of the day, and tonight's debate.

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/1434

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Is it just me, or does this:

Look a lot like this?

• Locked thread