Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEa6jZv-Khc

typical dog tries to literally rip small autistic child apart, cool cat surprise attacks dog chases it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Look at how hard this idiot dog is trying to be a cat.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
A friend of mine had this chihuahua who's body mass was about 45% eyeball, because those fuckin' things were always bulging grotesquely out of its skull (which coincidentally made up another 45% of this poor creature's body mass) and they were constantly getting infected because parts of the eye that were never meant to be exposed constantly were and Jesus Christ that animal was disgusting. It loved less than two years. Dogs are an abomination against God.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Who What Now posted:

A friend of mine had this chihuahua who's body mass was about 45% eyeball, because those fuckin' things were always bulging grotesquely out of its skull (which coincidentally made up another 45% of this poor creature's body mass) and they were constantly getting infected because parts of the eye that were never meant to be exposed constantly were and Jesus Christ that animal was disgusting. It loved less than two years. Dogs are an abomination against God.

toy dogs are horrible because they are trying to make dogs cats

their abomination is the attempt to make them cat sized

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

toy dogs are horrible because they are trying to make dogs cats

their abomination is the attempt to make them cat sized

you're cat sized :mad:

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Best of both worlds: My smart, hypo-allergenic dog(poodle). No fur, intelligent, and all the best traits of a dog.(Expensive, no poors)

Picture as a puppy:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

NomChompsky posted:

If you disagree you're objectively wrong because science has proven the cutest things are the things that look most like human babies and human babies don't have long dumb faces like dogs.

My dog when he was a puppy disagrees with your assessment.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mrit posted:

Best of both worlds: My smart, hypo-allergenic dog

Boy am I sick of this

Your dog is not a lotion, it is not hypoallergenic. It gives off dander

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
The best cats are always the ones that act like dogs

Make of that what you will

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

e: ^ - agreed to the extent that some dog behaviors are neat and a cat that learns to do them is pretty cool. a dog can never purr though so until someone changes that the cat still wins

dogs teach you that you are perfect the way you are and there is nothing extra you need to do to be loveable. cats teach you that in this life with those who aren't your family you need to do a little work to earn affection and kindness - generally not even anything a naturally good person would think of as unreasonable either. which of these is the better lesson to learn, or teach your kids?

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 11, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

e: ^ - agreed to the extent that some dog behaviors are neat and a cat that learns to do them is pretty cool. a dog can never purr though so until someone changes that the cat still wins

dogs teach you that you are perfect the way you are and there is nothing extra you need to do to be loveable. cats teach you that in this life with those who aren't your family you need to do a little work to earn affection and kindness - generally not even anything a naturally good person would think of as unreasonable either. which of these is the better lesson to learn, or teach your kids?

This is sort of true except that having a cat is way less work than owning a dog cause cats can actually take decent care of themselves and aren't basically toddlers in fur suits

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

dogs are the best because a creature that absolutely loses it with joy because you came home/woke up/returned from five minutes in the other room is pretty flattering

And this is why dog owners suck. Such needy people. Shame on the dogs for looking up to such wretched assholes.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Toasticle posted:

My cat likes to sleep on my face. Is it trying to kill me?

This is the origin of a folk superstition that cats steal breath from babies and other people.

Also cats rule, goons please give up your breath to a cooler and cuter creature.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

But I do not want to give up my breath to a dog

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

Sharkie posted:

This is the origin of a folk superstition that cats steal breath from babies and other people.

Also cats rule, goons please give up your breath to a cooler and cuter creature.

I thought that came from cats smelling milk in babies mouths?

:cat lore:

madlobster
Aug 12, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Never before have I seen so many Literal Hitlers in one thread. I hope you dog-lovers are proud of your horribleness.

Here's a picture of a typical dog person with his dog.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

madlobster posted:

Here's a picture of a typical dog person with his dog.

And a typical cat, plotting alone as is there wont.

crowoutofcontext fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 12, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

crowoutofcontext posted:

And a typical cat, plotting alone as is there wont.

I'm seeing more portland hipster in that cat than hitler but I guess they're similar ideals

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Who What Now posted:

Pro-Tip: Don't eat your cat's poo poo and you won't get parasites. I know that many of you wish to emulate dogs by just putting every piece of disgusting garbage you come across into your craws without a second thought, but you need to resist that basal urge.

You are more likely to get toxo from eating fresh vegetables than from your cat. Trust me goons are safe

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Regarde Aduck posted:

And this is why dog owners suck. Such needy people. Shame on the dogs for looking up to such wretched assholes.

gently caress you, my dog is a cheap but destructive burglar alarm

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I've liked cats more than dogs ever since I was a lad, which got me called gay because I live in a canker sore on the runny rear end in a top hat of this great nation.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

gently caress you, my dog is a cheap but destructive burglar alarm

My parents dogs bark if the house settles or someone moves from one room to the other. They're like if a fire alarm would get set off by someone opening a candy bar

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

My parents dogs bark if the house settles or someone moves from one room to the other. They're like if a fire alarm would get set off by someone opening a candy bar

They are just trying to keep their VIPs safe and protected.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Aesop Poprock posted:

They're like if a fire alarm would get set off by someone opening a candy bar

Maybe that fire alarm just thinks you need to lose some weight

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

rudatron posted:

That's a whole lot of words to justify a fetishiziation of misanthropic elitism, though that's probably what you should expect whenever the word 'aryan' crops up.

But let's get down to the real brass tacks here: if you're attached to something that does not give a poo poo about you, you have been cucked. Normal, healthy human beings value mutual affection and compassion in their relationships, because they are not masochists. They love life, and want to live life with others who can share that love. But if you hate yourself/your life, then of course you're going to find cats better because they're EDGY/COLD/DARK/SLEEK - it's not about the cat, its about your own insecurities.

Really what I'm trying to say here, is that all cat-lovers are sad-brains who need to take their meds.

Cats are fluffy and good to pet.

The food is basically just the fuel to keep the cat self-heating.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

That's a whole lot of words to justify a fetishiziation of misanthropic elitism, though that's probably what you should expect whenever the word 'aryan' crops up.

But let's get down to the real brass tacks here: if you're attached to something that does not give a poo poo about you, you have been cucked. Normal, healthy human beings value mutual affection and compassion in their relationships, because they are not masochists. They love life, and want to live life with others who can share that love. But if you hate yourself/your life, then of course you're going to find cats better because they're EDGY/COLD/DARK/SLEEK - it's not about the cat, its about your own insecurities.

Really what I'm trying to say here, is that all cat-lovers are sad-brains who need to take their meds.

I like how cuckoldry enters into your concept of human/pet relationships

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You can't wrestle with a cat because they're babby animals.

You can however wrestle with a dog and they'll not only enjoy it but they'll give as good as they get.

Dogs are superior.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Ddraig posted:

You can however wrestle with a dog and they'll not only enjoy it but they'll give as good as they get.

Dogs are superior.

Yes but what about all the grown ups who want pets???

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Ddraig posted:

Dogs are superior.

You can wrestle with your cat as well. In general it's not a good idea since they have built in razors to wrestle back with.

Mozi posted:

Cats are a cruel, dead-eyed invasive species that slaughters better, prettier animals by the truckload.

And this is why humans relate more to cats.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 12, 2015

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Cats are a cruel, dead-eyed invasive species that slaughters better, prettier animals by the truckload.

Dogs, on the other hand, are basically love generators if they're raised well.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Woozy posted:

Yes but what about all the grown ups who want pets???

I wouldn't like to meet the 'grown up' who isn't prepared to ruck with a large dog. He probably wears poo poo glasses, ironic v-necks and drinks his coffee cold. A baby of a person, with no place in decent civilization.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ewe2 posted:

Proof that dog lovers are inferior and cannot make an intelligent argument.
I have to dumb it down for you loving idiots.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Your dog doesn't give a poo poo about you. I've looked after tons of dogs for people and the second their owner is gone they immediately start acting like the new person giving them food has been their best friend forever. Cats are at least honest about you being their servant and don't need to be kiss-rear end yes men.

Having said that both dogs and cats are pretty awesome but cats have the edge since I'm lazy and don't like walking animals everyday. Also when cats do something stupid they try to pretend that they meant to do it which is hilarious.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My wife's puppy are some sugar free gum last night. Thankfully I was up late playing Fallout 4 (because I am a responsible adult that makes good life choices) and decided to take her out to potty before going to bed, so I noticed the chewed up package of Orbitz Winter Blast™ in the living room. For those not in the know many sugar-free products use an artificial sweetener called Xylitol, which is harmless to humans but in dogs it causes their blood sugar levels to fall faster than someone who's pissed off the mob and their livers to liquefy like a witch in a monsoon. So at 1am we made a mad dash to MSU's Small Animal Veterinary Learning Hospital to save this retarded animal that decided to try and commit suicide by stale candy. Luckily her little puppy inner ear isn't fully developed, leading her to get carsick and horf up a huge ball of undigested dry dog food and a piece of gum. Once at the clinic they injected her with a vomit inducing drug and she promptly spewed up the rest of the gum. $300 and two hours later we left her at the clinic to be observed overnight. Currently her glucose levels are good, but they're holding her until this evening in order to be absolutely sure she's out of the danger zone, and to run some tests on her liver to make sure she doesn't have permanent damage.

The entire time this was going on what was my cat doing? Chillaxin' on the ottoman. What was she doing when we got back? Chillaxin' in the exact same position. And more importantly not costing me $1,200 because she doesn't try to eat everything she can get into her idiot mouth like the dog does.

And that's the story of how Fallout 4 possibly saved my dog's life and why I only got three hours sleep last night.

seriously though it was really loving scary and I don't want my dog to die.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Ddraig posted:

Dogs are superior.

Dogs strength can be kind of a downside, for example, when they yank your pillow out from under you at 3 am to hump it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Radish posted:

Your dog doesn't give a poo poo about you. I've looked after tons of dogs for people and the second their owner is gone they immediately start acting like the new person giving them food has been their best friend forever. Cats are at least honest about you being their servant and don't need to be kiss-rear end yes men.

some dogs are more loyal than others

golden retrievers though, man you could sneak into a house and murder their owner and they'd run up to you and wag their tail hoping you'll pet them

of course it's also delightful that they're SO EXCITED anytime someone pays attention to them so that they're super friendly to guests/friends/attractive people you meet in the park

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Radish posted:

Your dog doesn't give a poo poo about you.
You're a loving idiot.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
The best argument for cats is that it's better to be drowning in pussy than drowning in bitches.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

evilweasel posted:

some dogs are more loyal than others

golden retrievers though, man you could sneak into a house and murder their owner and they'd run up to you and wag their tail hoping you'll pet them

of course it's also delightful that they're SO EXCITED anytime someone pays attention to them so that they're super friendly to guests/friends/attractive people you meet in the park

Golden Retrievers are awesome in this way. One I have to look after thinks he's smaller than he is and jumps on your lap while being like 100 pounds.

Sorry the fact that dogs had to evolve to kiss the rear end of the person that feeds them while cats get the same while being detached assholes irritates you.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Cats don't bark at 3 AM when you come home late at night and wake up all your housemates. And poodles need to be fed to wild animals.

Also this:

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

The best argument for cats is that it's better to be drowning in pussy than drowning in bitches.

• Locked thread