Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

a cat has never, ever, contributed to getting laid and frequently gotten in the way, the most anyone is about cat people is neutral

dogs, on the other hand, make people flock to you, you take a cute dog outside and everyone's your friend

edit: feeding poodles to wild animals is something i can get behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I can't dispute that argument.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Cats are better imo, but I'm an autistic libertarian so ymmv.

Also dogs can be chihuahuas, but cats cannot. Chihuahuas are the worst.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

evilweasel posted:

a cat has never, ever, contributed to getting laid and frequently gotten in the way, the most anyone is about cat people is neutral

dogs, on the other hand, make people flock to you, you take a cute dog outside and everyone's your friend

Well cat brain parasites toxoplasmosis increases testosterone , sex drive and make people more risk-taking.

Any goon who has mysteriously shedded their crippling shyness or video game addiction to get laid has inadvertently ingested cat litter and have brain parasites to thank.

Cats are, in fact, completely responsible for our one night stand culture.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Radish posted:

Sorry the fact that dogs had to evolve to kiss the rear end of the person that feeds them while cats get the same while being detached assholes irritates you.

So literally the opposite of that thing you said? Welp, even a loving idiot like you knows what's coming next.
You're a loving idiot.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

The sad thing is that dogs won't live much longer after the inevitable extinction of humankind. Cats will live through the apocalypse, and probably thrive.

Sorry canine-failures.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The puppy keeps trying to play fetch with the cat, which is a real problem

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
For the cat?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

The car gets irritated and confused, dog is going to lose an eye

He also corrals the cats :/

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Star Man posted:

Cats don't bark at 3 AM when you come home late at night and wake up all your housemates. And poodles need to be fed to wild animals.

Also this:

Nah a cat is more likely to come and vomit on your pillow at 3 am. Also what do you have against poodles? Standard poodles have some of the best personalities.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Radish posted:

Your dog doesn't give a poo poo about you. I've looked after tons of dogs for people and the second their owner is gone they immediately start acting like the new person giving them food has been their best friend forever. Cats are at least honest about you being their servant and don't need to be kiss-rear end yes men.

When my mom and I have gone on vacation in the past, dad says that our dog gets all withdrawn and depressed, and he also becomes visibly (and vocally) distraught if there's any sort of inter-family conflict.

Granted, this probably doesn't apply to all dog breeds and also likely depends upon the dog's relationship with their owner/family.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
When our 13 year old dog got cancer we spent over $5k on surgeries and treatment.

When our 9 year old cat got cancer we had it put down.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Chair In A Basket posted:

When our 13 year old dog got cancer we spent over $5k on surgeries and treatment.

When our 9 year old cat got cancer we had it put down.

You made a good choice. I'm sure if the tables were turned and they had the same resources, they would have done this also.

The dog would have paid for your treatment, the cat would have let you slip quietly into the night.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
My understanding of chihuahuas is that they only like one person and most other chihuahuas, and hate everything else. Can anyone confirm/deny?

My friends have a chihuahua/beagle cross and it's an rear end in a top hat. Their cats are much better.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Whiskey Sours posted:

My understanding of chihuahuas is that they only like one person and most other chihuahuas, and hate everything else. Can anyone confirm/deny?

My friends have a chihuahua/beagle cross and it's an rear end in a top hat. Their cats are much better.

My little sister has a chihuahua/terrier mix. Mostly chihuahua. It's actually a very nice dog but it barks at a loving penny dropping and if anyone vaguely scary to her dog brain tries to pet her, she'll piss on the floor.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
A friends room mate had a pretty nice but far chihuahua mix that we called "bug eyed fucker"

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Nah a cat is more likely to come and vomit on your pillow at 3 am. Also what do you have against poodles? Standard poodles have some of the best personalities.

When people think of poodles, they imagine the fancy show hair cut and think of a stuffy spoiled dog. When in reality most poodles are very smart, loving, and fun. And we don't cut the hair like the movies.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

evilweasel posted:

I have encouraged ladies back to my place on the back of getting to see my cats

On the other hand cats are much more likely to jump on your bed mid act, stare at you creepily and put you off your game

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
vote 1 horse

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Orkin Mang posted:

vote 1 horse

Someone post that wall of text from the goon who owned horses and complained that they were stupid enough to die from poo poo like seeing a bee and getting scared

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
gently caress cats.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

When my mom and I have gone on vacation in the past, dad says that our dog gets all withdrawn and depressed, and he also becomes visibly (and vocally) distraught if there's any sort of inter-family conflict.

Granted, this probably doesn't apply to all dog breeds and also likely depends upon the dog's relationship with their owner/family.

I'm mostly just joking since this is a pet owner MINE IS THE BEST thread and that's fun but serious talk we had a dog that got real sad when my dad wasn't around since it liked older men. Also we had a cat that was generally an aloof jerk but if you were visibly sad she would change her attitude and come be very affectionate until you felt better. Pets are weird but awesome.

MikeCrotch posted:

Someone post that wall of text from the goon who owned horses and complained that they were stupid enough to die from poo poo like seeing a bee and getting scared

I've personally seen a girl get thrown from a horse since it saw a paper bag and freaked out.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Well, this is Tinycat:

Case closed, as far as I'm concerned. And now, excuse me, I (probably) gotta go feed him.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Radish posted:

I'm mostly just joking since this is a pet owner MINE IS THE BEST thread and that's fun but serious talk we had a dog that got real sad when my dad wasn't around since it liked older men. Also we had a cat that was generally an aloof jerk but if you were visibly sad she would change her attitude and come be very affectionate until you felt better. Pets are weird but awesome.

I've personally seen a girl get thrown from a horse since it saw a paper bag and freaked out.

Thoroughbreds are particularly stupid and high strung

Do they also have brain parasites, where do the crazy barn people come from

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

evilweasel posted:

My cat is the best wingman I've ever had

:q::respek::catdrugs:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Dogs are the best.

Cats are sort of okay.

Horses are terrible and you can't deal with horses without dealing with crazy horse people, which are about 50 times more dangers and creepy than weird cat people.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Horses really are terrible. My family has a history with horses and they're the dumbest, most stupid animals in existence. Their main purpose in life is to seemingly give up and drop dead at the drop of a hat. If they walk into a a river that's above an arbitrary level they'll just give up and die.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mrit posted:

When people think of poodles, they imagine the fancy show hair cut and think of a stuffy spoiled dog. When in reality most poodles are very smart, loving, and fun. And we don't cut the hair like the movies.

My housemate has a tiny yippee poodle that nips at your feet and barks at everything. She also dresses her in dog skirts and puts silk flowers on her ears to make them look like pigtails. I want to do some psychotic butcher poo poo to this dog because I hate it so much.

But I've never encountered a full size poodle. I'm told that they're pretty cool. Also, horses are dumb animals. Source: my rancher friends at home in Wyoming.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Mrit posted:

Picture as a puppy:

That's not a puppy. That's Big Bird without the TV makeup.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
I present these gifs to demonstrate dog coolness.

And a retort from the cat table?

We have a clear winner here.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

On one side you have retarded degenerate wolves that got too lazy to hunt and evolved to forage in human trash

On the other you have still functional semi-domesticated predators that can revert back to felis silvestris in a few days

One kind has to be trained in order to fetch dead birds that have been shot by a human, the other can hunt birds on its own

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ddraig posted:

Horses really are terrible. My family has a history with horses and they're the dumbest, most stupid animals in existence. Their main purpose in life is to seemingly give up and drop dead at the drop of a hat. If they walk into a a river that's above an arbitrary level they'll just give up and die.

Even when they aren't just up and dying for no reason they're still liable to just flip the gently caress out for literally no reason at all. I did not own horses, but growing up in a tiny village surrounded by farms many of my friends did, and I'd get roped into helping take care of the horses my friends' parents, siblings, or extended family owned. All the time while mucking out a stall I'd turn around to see a horse standing still, thinking no thoughts, and then out of nowhere start bucking and running around in a blind panic while the other horses just stared at their companion act like it was on fire with blank incomprehension on their stupid horse faces. I can only surmise that a horse's mind is an empty void filled briefly with flashes of madness that would put HP Lovecraft and HR Giger to shame.

gently caress horses, and gently caress people that love horses. How humanity survived for thousands of years with horses as our main means of transportation is a mystery.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Dogs are awesome and I'd love to own one but I don't think I'm at home enough to really care for one and I don't have a nice garden it can play in. So I have an idiot cat that is always waiting by the door when I get home and follows me about and is really affectionate. Also I like that I could die any time and he'd be fine because he could just eat my tasty face meat and survive where a dog would just mourn me like an idiot and starve to death.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
No, the dog would eat you too.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

zeal posted:

No, the dog would eat you too.

Really? I always heard that they didn't eat their owners, like they'd sit there and wait for you to wake up. Tmyk!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

Really? I always heard that they didn't eat their owners, like they'd sit there and wait for you to wake up. Tmyk!

Don't believe the cat propaganda.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Do guantanimo detainees and convicted terrorists prefer cats or dogs?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Do guantanimo detainees and convicted terrorists prefer cats or dogs?

Pretty sure they are desperate for bitches and pussy so the evidence is inconclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

LeJackal posted:

Don't believe the cat propaganda.

Otoh

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dogs-eat-owners-dead-body-5500132

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dog+eats+body

• Locked thread