Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.
My pet experience

Hamster - D-
Don't remember the name, it sucked and bit and didn't' play with those fancy hamster toys much and then chewed through them and escaped and died.

Rabbits - D
Took care of one for a summer. Almost braindead and useless but requiring a huge cage. I guess you can eat them but if that's not the plan there is little point.

Beta Fish - B
Tough bastards. We had one in my father's apartment which was a dump and the fish bowl ended up the same way. You could barely see it through the dirty water but it kept going for a long time. Pretty much the minimum work for a pet possible.

Jake the Snake - C
Scared the poo poo out of the neighboring old lady when I walked by carrying it so that was a plus but not much else going on. Only lasted a month. C for the novelty factor. Also requires keeping live food which meant surprisngly disgusting crickets.

Myrtle the Turtle - C
Life routine: Sleep, eat peas (only peas), climb into water bowl take a dump then drink the water. Climb back under cardboard house and repeat tomorrow. The scary things about turtles is that this cycle can repeat for 25+ years. Don't get a turtle unless you want a cold-blooded life long non-friend. Myrtle got donated to a petting zoo that got shut down for mistreating animals.

Browny and Blacky the Rats - B
Rats are the standout small rodent pet. They get super excited when you come home or walk to the cage and love licking your fingers or hands. Never bite and are very clean though they usually die of a horrible huge leg tumor and the males have testicles far closer to your own in size than is comfortable. Get the females.

Molly the Cat - B+
When my father was unemployed and deep in depression the kitten I showed up with one day made a huge difference (after various initial threats of disownment etc.). Though it turned out his physical decline wasn't depression but was undiagnosed lung cancer that killed him a year later. The cat was a great companion in that year though and then moved on to my grandparents where it outlasted my grandmother too. My grandfather says it's a lifesaver to have the cat around in the empty house despite recognizing that it's probably going to outlive him too. With his current back problems, a dog wouldn't be possible. So while it seems to bring death the cat gets pretty high marks as a pet.

Wife - TBD
By the standards of this thread in terms of "ability to show affection" she has that. Though along with those verbal skills comes the ability to show various forms of [not affection] as well, often in larger quantities.

Human Child - ask in a year. I hear mixed reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread