Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Thorsby's love for comedy of errors makes me think his stories would work really well as stage plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

HBar posted:

Zoozo's going to win. He has the best slogan, a winning smile, fashion sense, a cute dog logo, and he doesn't get tripped up in the details.

He definitely has my vote.

The animal logos are all pretty drat cute, though. Especially the owl.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

She's not evil, she just laughs that way.

This VP's about to get the worst death yet. Buried alive or fed into a woodchipper or something.

God, I love this.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He should blow them up and sell them, like a less one-note Keith Harring.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

There are a LOT of snake variants.

I was wondering how they'll get out of this, guess they'll feed the bodyparts to the slions.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Those tiny spiked maces seem like they'd be an ineffective weapon.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I wonder if Lyndon-mugger wants Audrey because he thinks she'd be an upgrade, or because Lyndon's desire to protect Audrey is influencing the mugger.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

It's getting berserk in here.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He's a modern day Bosch.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I only just noticed the Muggers have lamps attached to their weapons. I love how Thorsby's mind works.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I love how these subterraneans talk all "hey baby, check me out" while most of the humans have a much more stilted way of talking.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm re-reading the comic and realized, this is like the 7th or 8th use of comedic farce in this series. Good thing he's good at it!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

This explanation had better be good.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The statues conveniently covering up the action is cracking me up.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I've been powering my way through the Accidental Space Spy over the past week. It lacks the characterization and character interplay of Hitmen and Trixie Slaughteraxe, but it's delightful to read Thorsby's endless musings on evolutionary quirks, plus he puts his characters in such dire situations, you get honestly tense about how they'll get out of them.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The good doctor is awfully up for it, I smell a rat. Or maybe Audrey's about to become very jealous.

Speaking of Audrey, her barmaid outfit cracks me up every time it shows up.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Brain Chip might be my favorite. Even though it takes a while to care about Ulf's dumb rear end and it leans heavily on Thorsby's "religion = evil" trope, he gets real creative with the format.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

UP AND ADAM posted:

Thorsby owns

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
drat, Audrey

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo, that immaculate VW bug. The thing holding a DIE stop sign. I imagine Thorsby just cackling madly as he comes up with these things.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Well, going by the parrot, you keep all your faculties when you transfer into the animal.

To be honest, I'd kinda forgotten the plan was for one of them to do that.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I wish you guys'd link the latest comic when you're the first to comment on it, because I only really follow it through this thread.

If you don't want to though, that's cool

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
You know... the plan worked, you could let Audrey kill them now.

Wait, it's Thorsby. It'd turn out they were faking unconsciousness and had set a trap. Sorry.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I love seeing 'Thorsby' used as a quantifier.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Aw, I liked this vice president!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I can't believe I'm reading this for free.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Thorsby read that and just started laughing.

Höhöhö

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Thorsby's gonna give himself carpal tunnel with all this polkadotting.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Klara is so cool-headed.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I wonder if at this point, the only way to save Klara'll be Lyndon deliberately using his spell to kill.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

break-up breakdown posted:

that nice stupid big blue spider is going to win

Good!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The poor big blue nice dumb spider is going to get scapegoated

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's been a while since I've read Space Spy, but I feel you could also draw the conclusion that men are unfit to rule from it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Don't listen to her, mr. President! Trickle-down economics are an insidious myth!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I wonder what we've got left. Thorsby's good at these endings where things work out not quite as the characters intended, but still OK.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I feel like he's doing some death-is-certain kind of dark wrap-up.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

HBar posted:

Well gently caress. Davidspackage, you're probably right.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's a credit to Thorsby's unconventional storytelling that I have no idea where he's taking this. Trixie being missing and Lyndon's death not being pictured would suggest they're still out there, but who knows.