Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Is Thorsby using that comic-creation software for his new work?

I miss the lovely ms-paint drawing style of Hitmen for Destiny.

(I'm kind of in love with Bianca's angry face from that comic.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Meme Emulator posted:

Lyndon almost certainly has done it.

Oh yes, and the plot grows thicker!

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/184

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yay! Another treasure hunt begins!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
That mind mugger totally has Lyndon's normal expression on it's face.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Given Trixie's been conspicuously absent for multiple updates, I guess she's organising something that will save everyone and resolve the situation.

Hey, if one of the supporting characters DID die, which would upset you the most: Klara, Audrey or Lyndon?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Synthbuttrange posted:

They get there and the chief mugger is Trixie

Lol if they all just continue their quest, except as mind muggers.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Another Shakespearean 'mistaken identity' scenario is fast developing :dance:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Lmao, he can't even bullshit some improvised excuse, 'cos he already told Audrey exactly how the spell worked back at the tavern.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

davidspackage posted:

I love how these subterraneans talk all "hey baby, check me out" while most of the humans have a much more stilted way of talking.

Thorsby does that as a kooky way of indicating cultural differences. Like the way the revived 300 year old soldiers in the 1st arc all talked in 1970's jive.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
This is going to end up with Lyndon desperately spinning plates trying to pass the illusion off as being 6 different people at once while also trying not to think of audrey.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Lol if she goes to the King and demands why he never told her about her twin sister and the King's all like: "HOW did you find out about THAT?!"

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Aaaand Thorsby brings the closet into play :dance:

(Technically it's a storeroom, I guess but the results'll be the same)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
That poor princess is going to be having one hell of an identity crisis once all this is over.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Story arc ends with the prince still sulking in the bathroom:

"I'm still in here!"

"... where is everyone?"

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
There's something odd about this abruptly introduced new character.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Perhaps that stone-throwing wizard is also a shapeshifter?

Perhaps Lyndon isn't the only wizard to know that illusion spell?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I've just realised Trixie wears the same outfit as Jessica in Thorsby's 1st series: Lies, Secrets and Wives:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
So, which of the team are going to get diagnosed as completely mentally ill and confined in the institution?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Audrey's getting jealous!

I love the naive, direct way characters talk about relationships in this comic, it's so sweet.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
"I've got a magical surprise for you Lyndon... close your eyes, please?"

*Lyndon closes his eyes*

*A bunch of goons dash in and tie him up*

*She DID have a bunch of assistants doing the 'magic' the whole time*

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I still want to know wtf is going on at that asylum.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Synthbuttrange posted:

What an informative parrot.

Lol now Samantha can poo poo things up for Lyndon big-time.

"Sorry but have you guys seen Lyndon recently? I couldn't warn you before but he's seriously mentally ill: I recognised the symptoms as soon as I saw him but wanted to keep him calm until I could get him back to the hospital for a proper evaluation. Be careful if you see him: he's potentially very dangerous. And DON'T believe a word he says!"

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'm starting to think that Trixie Slaughteraxe never will be president, and Lyndon's self-serving cowardice will play a key part in that.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I may go back to my avatar of Trixie discussing dead princesses. I feel that Lyndon's nipples may be too vulgar for a forum like SA.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
A decisive end to the Samantha story arc.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Whybird posted:

Lyndon and Audrey are basically perfect for each other. With anybody else his status as an emotionally manipulative slimeball would be a deal-killer, but Audrey doesn't have any emotions to manipulate besides 'greedy' 'horny' and 'murderous'.

I think once they're a full time couple, Audrey'll be able to keep him in line easily enough. Lyndon's not the type to keep up opposition if he's got nowhere to retreat to.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Does Thorsby not have a Patreon or anything?

I feeel like the dude deserves some sort of payoff for creating all these amazing comics and sticking them online for free.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Who could have guessed that the Skyggemyrians weren't to be trusted!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Trixie means well, but she needs to accept that you can't make an omelette without killing the rich breaking a few eggs.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
"The Vice-President has died in a bizarre gardening accident."

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/299/

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I didn't! Has Audrey... been sabotaging things all along??

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
We know Audrey's mercenary as gently caress and has no particular interest in Trixie's presidential campaign. What if the same dude who visited Lyndon also visited her and she agreed to chuck some sand in the gears in return for a big pay out?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I have the sad feeling that Audrey's going to be revealed as a gently caress you: Got Mine person.

I can just imagine her justification when she's exposed: "Hey, I've got a tavern and some money now and I worked drat hard to get them! The Traditionalists look after people like me: why should I care about a bunch of dumb poor people? Screw those losers!"

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise: it's not like Audrey's ever made any attempt to conceal her character and motivations, quite the opposite in fact. Hiding in plain sight!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

vyelkin posted:

I take back the good thing I said about Lyndon.

It's ok, I'm sure he's going to feel bad about what he's done (although not so bad that he tells Trixie what's going on).

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

To any new readers: Thorsby is not exactly known for happy endings to his tales.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Heyyy, the cop on the far left is our old friend from the Uncle Juju arc!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The comic should end on Friday, with a happy Zoozo giving a speech about how he's going to raise taxes on the rich to help all the sick children and everyone cheering, including Trixie and Lyndon.

Ain't gonna happen: Thorsby doesn't do happy endings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I wouldn't class the endings of Transdimensional Brain Chip and Hitmen for Destiny as 'happy'. Bittersweet? Deeply ambiguous? Not happy, though.