Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

HEL YES SON

e: HLEL YES SON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Honestly, that happened a lot sooner than I was expecting. I thought they'd build up a whole army of trapped enemies before the walls all came down at once in the final act.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He's getting a lot better with his timing. That's the first time I've laughed out loud at a Thorsby strip that was intentionally funny!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Moose are already bizarre. It's like a big rear end deer, but with, like webbed antlers? Like a duck's foot compared to a chicken's? And instead of a deer face they have weird melty horse faces.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Audrey is my favourite character because she knows she's in a Thorsby comic.

She doesn't bother thinking anything through logically, she just picks the weirdest solution under the assumption that it will always be the correct one.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well, that was a fun little romp. Nothing wrong with a short comic.

I wonder what Thorsby's next project will be?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's a great punchline. Audrey is the best character Thorsby's ever come up with.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

This is what you would get if you sat an ancient Egyptian in front of Toondoo.com and told him to recreate a loony tunes bit.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm not buying this.

You can't tell me Audrey doesn't know the best way to dispose of a body. If nothing else, she's the kind of person who would look it up while bored.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

These are almost conventional real-life Earth animals. I wonder if this isn't a little bit of worldbuilding.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm starting to think Oyvind Thorsby is a collective of writers trying to one-up each other with the dialogue, because every time I think we've hit the peak something like this happens

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Excuse me, this can't be the end, Trixie isn't the president yet.

Time to motion for the mind muggers to reorganize into a democratic republic and hold free elections.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I'm suspicious of this guy. Partly because he makes all these wild claims and even Klara hasn't heard of his species, but mostly because he's Elf Hobo Captain Planet.

It really does bother me how much he looks like Captain Planet, because I'm pretty sure it was 100% accidental

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I love the vacant little smirks Oyvind characters always have whenever their latest lies land. Yeah, you just made things a hundred times more complicated and the inevitable collapse of this house of cards will be all the more devastating, but for now it's working and there are no more problems!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bobulus posted:

... Is someone going to end up controlling the bottom half of the jouster?

I thought the solution here was going to be taking over an animal with a non-lethal but otherwise disabling toxin, but that's much better

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Only after they try to all agree to stop her if she tries to kill anybody, which fails because both Klara and Lyndon wouldn't be able to take away something that makes Audrey so happy.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They should have bound and gagged them and then buried them alive to suffocate in darkness and confusion. If they don't have any clues to how they die, they can't take any precautions!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah, they're so getting ripped off if they take it as is. I'm hoping for some Extreme Negotiating Action before they go after 'em.

I'm going to bet that they get all three and then eat two of them right in front of the client. Three rare cupcakes are one thing, but the last known cupcake is quite another.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I bet you could do all sorts of weird stuff with gravity working differently on each of you. I'm a little disappointed that Thorsby hasn't already overthought all the different combinations, actually

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

super sweet best pal posted:

A disgrace to her family name.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I hope president giant spider comes out of this wiser and more discerning of his cabinet selections and has a long, productive term in office with a legacy of good policy decisions and progressive social reform

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GOD drat YOU THORSBY WHY MUST YOU TAKE EVERYTHING FROM ME

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, now I'm on board with the scepter vision theory because it means that Audrey, the least trustworthy character, is going to have to try and convince the entire country about something

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I am on the edge of my loving seat

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There was that one page when he and Audrey got together and the thread was briefly happy for them. He almost immediately screwed that up though.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Also after doing some timeline math I agree that it only simulates X years (a little bit more than five) of starlight due to limits on its processing power

It doesn't stop simulating anything, it only simulates a five light-year radius of existence. The stars were never there, only the light they were emitting that had already entered that radius. It look five years for the last of those photons to hit earth, so it looked like all the stars vanished at once.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

vyelkin posted:

http://trixie.webcomic.ws/comics/388

I guess we finally found out how the Skyggemyrians were always one step ahead of them in the treasure hunts

There's so much piling up right now that I forgot that was even a mystery but damned if it didn't just get solved

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh man, that's a perfect way to take out a villain.

Just let them get ahold of it, wait a little while, and then leak some juicy info that would have been useful earlier and let the problem solve itself.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't appreciate the implication that we're all Lyndons for figuring this out

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

So she's a pacifist mage too, right? All her spells have been defensive and I don't remember her actually hurting anybody

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I bet it works the same as plausible deniability magic, only the person you need to convince is yourself. So a really good magician could summon a meteor over a building and then rationalize that it was the falling rubble that killed the occupants and not the spell itself, but a Lyndon could lose all his spells because a cigarette he lit at a party while showing off twenty years ago may have hastened somebody's death by a few hours

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You only get physical sensations, so it would feel different to the Lyndon getting the vision.

Actually, it would be interesting to know how different he felt. He wouldn't know what his vision self was thinking, but he'd probably be able to know by autonomous body responses that he was feeling anxious and sad but not surprised

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I knew he was building up to something, but I was a fool for trying to guess what it would be

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Not only has she just come off a multi-year dry spell, this is absolutely the most deserving person she's ever gotten to kill.

And look at how much throat he has to slit! It's like getting out of a vegan commune and digging right into a perfectly-cooked AAA strip loin cut from a cow that killed your sister

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

My thought process:

Oh yeah, Audrey didn't experience that, only Lyndon did

Wait, no he didn't, he only got the last couple seconds

Only then did it actually sink in for me that nobody experienced the last year of this comic. Not a single character even has memories of it.

I should be disappointed in that, but at least it's better than Captain Picard living an entire false lifetime before dying of old age and it not affecting him at all except now he knows how to play a flute

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

"Are you sad? Yes. Because of Lyndon" describes more than half of the comic at this point

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

We're never going to find out what the deal is with the names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Space Spy is my #1. My favourite part of any Thorsby comic is when he starts a setting from a simple premise and then really delves deep into how that effects everything around it, I wish more sci fi authors would take a page from this book.

Trixie is a very close second, I just wish he'd revealed a little more about the setting. I know he has the whole history of that world written out somewhere.

Hitmen is third for me, I'll always have respect for the original, but I reread it earlier this year and that art is rough. If I had crazy money I'd commission a One Punch Man style remake, just to share it with more people.

Transdimensional Brain Chip was the first Thorsby comic I read entirely as it came out, the pacing will probably work better on a reread

Lies, Sisters and Wives was hard for me to read, I get real bad secondhand embarrassment even from fictional characters. I love Ben Stiller as an actor, I cannot watch a single movie he did in the nineties