Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

HBar posted:

Conjure 49 illusion dicks, problem solved. Except that he has to keep thinking about dicks really hard and nothing else.

The dicks suddenly become Audrey heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Reverse brain parasites who force other brains into their bodies. :allears:
I love Thorsby's weird biology ideas. They're incredibly silly, but also really well thought out. It feels like he has a stupid premise he thought up while high and spends the next weeks contemplating what evolutionary pressure lead to this, how these beasts fit into the ecosystem, how dangerous they are, how to deal with them and probably what their mating rituals look like.

Speaking of which, that would be kinda awkward and might actually be where this is going.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I guess they can talk then.

That's a really nice, rectangular cave.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That mind mugger really picked a smart one. I'm not sure if Audrey would be an actual upgrade.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Site seems to be down.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The End!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/211

Just posting the link since other people didn't. Lyndon is really happy about getting imprisoned so as to be executed later.

I mean, rationally speaking, it's quite a big improvement.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Welp, she's dead. Time to get out the replacement.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I fully believe Trixie could have convinced her she was dead.

“Why did you think we revealed your replacement twin today? We wanted to ease you in slowly. Obviously your dad's plan failed. He sure made a mess out of everything. You should go talk to him right now. Haunt him!“

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Whybird posted:

3. Klara is giving the Traditionalists information, so that she has an excuse to keep hanging around with Trixie.

They're a couple. That would be kinda weird at this point.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That sounds really useful for buffs.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What's with that parrot? I guesa that's the spy?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The problem is that he assumes that one person isn't crazy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

3 out of 4 asylum directors in fiction are insane, so it wasn't a hard guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Lyndon is the worst sleezeball.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That's really clever!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
How would you know for certain that a drug wore off?

What they need to do is to convince Samantha that this plan is logical and well thought out and that she might be way more sane than she assumes.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 5, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So, it's a conspiracy and Samantha was never insane in the first place? Very interesting.
Or maybe the Diabolicans just didn't want an insane queen.

Also I like the fact that Nigel can see the Impossible ones just fine, because he's not technically human. Then again, he was a patient.

Calling it now. The endgame of this chapter will involve everyone swapping through animal bodies, until they finally find a pair of human eyes to kill the Impossible Ones.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 9, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Or she was in the asylum for claiming to be the queen.

You're clearly a conspirator. :tinfoil:
We have only heard one side of the story, so it's prudent to assume that it's the exact truth. After all, who would you trust more? Some random people who commit high treason to the crown, or the queen herself?

Maybe the twist is that she isn't insane at all, but the weird rules of the Impossible Ones only make them disappear when they think someone sane is seeing them.
Like many of Thorsby's stories, this is a cool and original concept and it's fun to figure out the rules and the logical implications.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 10, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Unless those Impossible ones work in an entirely different rules set, it should be.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

They probably should have put Trixie back in her body.

Nah, there might be still some imposible ones around to see.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

I wonder if just the roos got poofed away or if all of her magic is gone now

That's a good question. Perhaps there was someone else around who may have cast that spell. There's no way to know for sure.

Also isn't Frogtrixie still the only one who isn't drugged? These roos might have only disapeared because Trixie trusts Klara's words without a doubt.
To be fair that might be a factoid Trixie already heared at some point.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Considering they've faded away in eye-view three times now, I feel like the protagonists could make a very good case (to 'reality', I guess?) that any future carniroos, even if possible, would be likely to be magic just on pattern alone.

She isn't in the school of likeliness. Depending on how far you can stretch plausible deniability, she could come up with the most absurd explanation and it would still work.

"The ship could have belonged to a group of secret scientists who tried to breed especially vicious, smart and cold resistant carniroos. They must have broken out and took control of the ship, bringing it here. Obviously, the whole affair was covered up, so you wouldn't know any better."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

Audrey's really good at cutting straight through the pointless fluff

This ark would have been a bit boring without Samantha, so I wouldn't call her that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Whybird posted:

Lyndon and Audrey are basically perfect for each other. With anybody else his status as an emotionally manipulative slimeball would be a deal-killer, but Audrey doesn't have any emotions to manipulate besides 'greedy' 'horny' and 'murderous'.

I'd argue that she can also be 'angry' but I guess that's exactly what the last point ist.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Do we know how learning spells works?
He chooses to only ever learn one spell because he'd lose all his current spells when harming someone with one, right?

That's kinda unfortunate. I want to see a situation where he has an incredibly useless spell and tries his best to harm or murder someone with it.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 1, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
There's no law that people can't be weapons.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

His Divine Shadow posted:

Why not use the snake as a weapon, poof it disappears and appears in the witches hand, poo poo I'm holding a snaaaake!!!

That's quite likely, actually.
But first putting Audreys mind into it might be a bit safer, for the snake bearer.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

The bottom half of the Jouster looks so sad :smith:

It's happy again. :unsmith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
These two are the best sisters.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Is the solution to this puzzle to drug Audrey as well?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
If she would kill them now, it would suddenly turn out that this is just a flash forward from a vision. Imagine suddenly realizing that you're not a real person, but actually just part of a vision, which will end in a few seconds.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Vision timeline you wouldn't know the difference.

You would, if Audrey had managed kill them now. Under these circumstances, it's impossible to live in a world were you could trick them into death. (Unless they suddenly didn't bother to use the scepter anymore.)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Due to some obscure clause in the founding Papiers of the nation, which was never invoked, if none of the parties reaching 15 percent, there hast to be a colition government.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
One thing I like about this whole political situation: The traditionalists keep losing votes. Those lost votes get split between the various other parties fairly evenly, because they're basically the same. Does that mean Trixie spends all her money on attack adds against the president? Or does the president funnel just enough money to the other parties so that they can always keep on the same level as Trixie? I know, thinking to deep about that will literally make you insane, but whatever.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Grognan posted:

I'm feeling about as smug as audrey looks to be.

also slightly concerned that I managed to predict a thorsby

You managed to think like Thorsby and like Audrey. Dwell on that for a bit.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

They're going to adopt it. :3: It'll be their new mascot.

That might be the messiest housepet in existence.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

I hope he has the largest kill count by the end of the series.

Ya know, that seems kinda likely, actually. Audrey gets denied her kills, or fights zombies, while he keeps causing pain and misery. Remember when he enchanted his scarf to kill his crazy ex?

Then again, this comic has been building up to a climax. This is the last time they try to earn money by chasing after something from that journal, so I doubt it will have many more chapters. Presumably, by the exponential growth of presidential candidates, they'll run out of citizens and potential vice presidents at some point.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 4, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

you know, that's fair, it must be hard to find someone for that kink.

Wouldn't you try it out if you had the chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's kind of a weird dynamic between those four. While Audrey isn't really loyal to Trixie, Clara certainly is. And from what I've seen Audrey tries to support her sister as best as she can, so she's been loyal by association so far. But now that she has a really good offer, she'll gladly sell Trixie out. But Clara will be incredibly disappointed when she finds out about this. :smith: