Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Let's help each other maybe hopefully possibly come close to winning our matchups this week.

Sit/Start Thread Codex:

1. DON'T SIT YOUR STUDS!! Unless it's Thursday Night. Then maybe sit them. Maybe.
2. Note your league's scoring: PPR? 4 or 6 pt TDs? ESPN vs. Yahoo? etc.
3. Keep it short.
4. Try to answer other people's questions. That way everyone gets some feedback.

I'll go first with my massive WR corps. I need two in Yahoo .5ppr, 6/TD (my picks bolded):
Maclin @ DEN
Evans Vs DAL

Cooper Vs MIN
Diggs @ OAK
Hurns @ BAL
Watkins @ NYJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Bort @Bal or Cam @Ten

e: std scoring

Aredna fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 11, 2015

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Aredna posted:

Bort @Bal or Cam @Ten

I'd go Cam just for the rushing yards and touchdowns.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Aredna posted:

Bort @Bal or Cam @Ten

Have Bort, love Bort, going to start Bort this week, but you should play Cam against the Titans for sure.

Chill Penguin posted:

I'll go first with my massive WR corps. I need two in Yahoo .5ppr, 6/TD (my picks bolded):
Maclin @ DEN
Evans Vs DAL

Cooper Vs MIN
Diggs @ OAK
Hurns @ BAL
Watkins @ NYJ

Maclin is not a stud in KC, so do not start him against maybe the best passing defense in the league, he's riding the pine for me in favor of Diggs. Evans is stonehands but apparently Winston can't find anyone else, I would still rather start Hurns.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

Chill Penguin posted:

Maclin @ DEN
Evans Vs DAL

Cooper Vs MIN
Diggs @ OAK
Hurns @ BAL
Watkins @ NYJ

Yikes.

I like Cooper and Hurns.

I don't think there's anyway you don't play Hurns against a bad Baltimore secondary.

vvv Well poo poo nevermind.

Piggles fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 11, 2015

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Piggles posted:

I don't think there's anyway you don't play Hurns against a bad Baltimore secondary.

Hurns is in a walking boot, last I heard.

regfairfield
May 22, 2005
Given this matchup and assuming Shady is scheduled for his usual workload

In .5 PPR do I go with

Theo Riddick's floor @GB
Karlos Williams' upside @NYJ

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

regfairfield posted:

Given this matchup and assuming Shady is scheduled for his usual workload

In .5 PPR do I go with

Theo Riddick's floor @GB
Karlos Williams' upside @NYJ

GB is going to put points up on DET. Not sure if much running will be done after the first half.

regfairfield
May 22, 2005

Piggles posted:

GB is going to put points up on DET. Not sure if much running will be done after the first half.

Riddick does most of his damage on dump passes after the game is over.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Thanks all, sticking with Cooper & Evans, but if Hurns is set to play I'll start him over Mike "Drop" Evans. Now for RB & Flex:

Yahoo .5ppr 6/td, pick 2 RB:
Gurley Vs CHI
Forsett Vs JAX

Starks Vs DET

Flex would either have to be the 3rd RB, or Diggs @OAK.

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

j starks v detroit or karlos williams @ jets? think it has to be starks?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
1 PPR. 6pt TDs

Kelce @ Denver
Reed vs. New Orleans

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I start BORT over Tyrod this week, right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

The Little Kielbasa posted:

The way Bort has been playing, you should be starting him every week. Baltimore is points for QB's.

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Bort has the safer floor.
Tyrod will be high risk - high reward. As Jets have 7 of their starting D players injured (4 confirmed out or unlikely to play) and are weaker against the pass than the run. If you have a tough match up I'd go balls to the wall and take a risk on Tyrod.

Counterpoint:

VietCampo posted:

Baltimore is points for QB's.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
Which one of these Thursday nighters should I play?

Eric Decker
Sammy Watkins

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Flex spot, 1 PPR league:

Eric Decker or Charchandrick West?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

ESPN, No PPR, 6pt/TD:

Tavon Austin VS CHI or Demarius Thomas VS KC? I can't believe I am asking this but Thomas can't produce if there is no one to throw to him. Peyton is on the team too and just lost the start to Kirk Cousins of all players, should DT follow him to the bench?

Honestly, the biggest hurdle for benching him is the damage my pride will take for having my 1 and 2 picks be healthy scratches, but that shouldn't be a valid reason.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Eli v NE or Palmer @ Sea

And

Starks v Det, West @ Den, Hill v Hou (pick 2).

Currently going Eli and Starks, Hill. West might be matchup proof and Hill might be garbage, though.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I went in overdrive to find replacement RBs after my top two went out. I'm not really sure how to value these guys relative to each other so I'm looking for opinions.

NFL standard scoring, non ppr.

Pick Two. (Unless you feel like a 3rd is a better flex play than Hurns.)

McFadden @TB
Langford @STL
CJ2K @SEA
Mathews vsMIA
Stewart @TEN
West @DEN

I also have Frank Gore on Bye. My WRs are OBJ/Diggs/Hurns and I got Benjamin on my bench too.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

SlipUp posted:

I went in overdrive to find replacement RBs after my top two went out. I'm not really sure how to value these guys relative to each other so I'm looking for opinions.

NFL standard scoring, non ppr.

Pick Two. (Unless you feel like a 3rd is a better flex play than Hurns.)

McFadden @TB
Langford @STL
CJ2K @SEA
Mathews vsMIA
Stewart @TEN
West @DEN

I also have Frank Gore on Bye. My WRs are OBJ/Diggs/Hurns and I got Benjamin on my bench too.

Everyone has a lovely matchup! Jesus christ. Stewart and West maybe.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Karlos Williams or duke Johnson?, .5ppr

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

Karlos Williams or duke Johnson?, .5ppr

If McCoy's going to sit I'd play Williams.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

I've got a log-jam at RB/flex in my ESPN standard scoring league; I need TWO RBs and one flex out of the following:

Chris Ivory vBUF
Deangello Williams vCLE
Charcandrick West @DEN
Legarette Blount @NYG
Julian Edelman @NYG

Current options bolded. Ivory hasn't lit the world on fire but I have to play him every week and I'd feel dumb benching Williams after what he did last week. I've got Edelman slotted in at flex right now because he hasn't let me down all season, but sitting at 5-4 I'm wondering if I should gamble with West getting a lot of volume as an upside (Denver defense has me second guessing though). Blount can definitely put up points but he's well behind my other options in my mind anyway. Thanks for any help!

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Need 2 rb out of forsett, Doug Martin and james starks. Currently have forsett and starks since he officially moved up the depth chart, but a lot of people still seem to be high on Martin so I'm second guessing myself. .5 ppr

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

troofs posted:

Hurns is in a walking boot, last I heard.

He's out of the walking boot. Didn't practice yesterday but says he's going to play against the Ravens. Hasn't missed a game yet, maybe he'll get himself out there.

shitbutt cockfag
Dec 19, 2004
Is this internet, or am I only dreaming?
Need a replacement for Ryan this week:

Cousins vs NO
Fitz vs BUF
Boyer @ CIN
Flacco vs JAC
Mariota vs CAR
Stafford @ GB
McCown vs PIT

Bradford, Bridgewater also available. No idea where to lean really

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Pick 1, standard:

Martavis Bryant (vs CLE)
Sammy Watkins (@ NYJ)

Martavis probably has Landry Jones at QB, and Watkins plays Thursday and will likely line up against Revis most of the day. :aaa:

Traffic Reporter posted:

Need 2 rb out of forsett, Doug Martin and james starks. Currently have forsett and starks since he officially moved up the depth chart, but a lot of people still seem to be high on Martin so I'm second guessing myself. .5 ppr

I would avoid Starks unless you are desperate for a RB. With Forsett and Martin, you aren't desperate. Starks may have moved up the depth chart for now, but McCarthy also said he wants to stick with a "one-two punch." That means Lacy will still likely see some carries, and if he does well with those carries he might eat into Starks' workload. With Forsett and Martin you have 2 clear #1 options that aren't at risk of getting sucked into a time share.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly

shitbutt cockfag posted:

Need a replacement for Ryan this week:

Cousins vs NO
Fitz vs BUF
Boyer @ CIN
Flacco vs JAC
Mariota vs CAR
Stafford @ GB
McCown vs PIT

Bradford, Bridgewater also available. No idea where to lean really

I'm rolling Cousins out myself. Apparently every quarterback to go against New Orleans has had their first or second best games of the season against them.

Who do I flex this week in .5 PPR?

M. Bryant v. CLE
D. Adams v. DET
M. Jones v. NO
C. Anderson v. KC
K. Aiken v. JAX

Currently slotting Jones because I think he has the highest ceiling, but I think he has the lowest floor too.

matthew j
Nov 29, 2009

do work son.
Yahoo PPR league, should I start Tyrod @ NYJ or Palmer @ SEA?

Other starters are Cooper, Jeffrey, Starks, Diggs, and Cooks. Is it safe to leave Hill and Aiken on the bench?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SeannieDarko posted:

1 PPR. 6pt TDs

Kelce @ Denver
Reed vs. New Orleans

Bumping this

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Standard yahoo league-

FLEX: Demarco Murray or Karlos Williams

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast

SeannieDarko posted:

Bumping this

I'm going Reed this week.

Got my own question, need to decide on a WR2 and a FLEX. ESPN 0.5 PPR

Sanders vs KC
Fitz @ Seattle
LaFell @ NYG
Diggs @ Oak
Langford @StL

Currently leaning Sanders and LaFell

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

warcrimes posted:

Standard yahoo league-

FLEX: Demarco Murray or Karlos Williams

Murray

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So I am torn. I can start 3 of these guys in 1 PPR. 100 yard bonuses. Who do you start? Bolded are the guys I have going now.

DeAndre Hopkins
Allen Robinson
Stefon Diggs
Allen Hurns
John Brown (I only put him in because he's an option. I doubt you'll convince me to start him.

The issue I have is that I don't know how bad Hurn's ankle is. Honestly, both him and Diggs have great matchups, but Hurns is slightly better. Last week, I benched Hurns and lost because of it. :(

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Sataere posted:

So I am torn. I can start 3 of these guys in 1 PPR. 100 yard bonuses. Who do you start? Bolded are the guys I have going now.

DeAndre Hopkins
Allen Robinson
Stefon Diggs
Allen Hurns
John Brown (I only put him in because he's an option. I doubt you'll convince me to start him.

The issue I have is that I don't know how bad Hurn's ankle is. Honestly, both him and Diggs have great matchups, but Hurns is slightly better. Last week, I benched Hurns and lost because of it. :(

Ive got Hurns on a team, too and it doesn't seem like he's going to play this weekend. In fact, I'd probably start those three every weekend and trade Hurns, keep Brown in reserve. I'd trade Hurns over Robinson because AH proved last week v. Revis he's a must start.

e: vvvv lol yes, AR. I dum.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 12, 2015

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

warcrimes posted:

Ive got Hurns on a team, too and it doesn't seem like he's going to play this weekend. In fact, I'd probably start those three every weekend and trade Hurns, keep Brown in reserve. I'd trade Hurns over Robinson because AH proved last week v. Revis he's a must start.

AH proved he's a must start? Not AR? :D

I tried trading, but all I need are running backs and for some reason, people don't want Hurns. My one buddy saved me from myself though, when I tried grabbing his Lacy. He kept telling me that he spent a first round pick on Lacy, and he couldn't trade him for a waiver wire guy. I had to give him the old "It don't matter where you start, it's where you finish" speech. The same guy who told me my team is lucky because I just managed to grab Dalton on waivers in week three. It isn't luck when everyone has a chance at him, but you recognize he's a fantasy good before them. :v:

Thank god he saved me from myself.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Sataere posted:

AH proved he's a must start? Not AR? :D

I tried trading, but all I need are running backs and for some reason, people don't want Hurns. My one buddy saved me from myself though, when I tried grabbing his Lacy. He kept telling me that he spent a first round pick on Lacy, and he couldn't trade him for a waiver wire guy. I had to give him the old "It don't matter where you start, it's where you finish" speech. The same guy who told me my team is lucky because I just managed to grab Dalton on waivers in week three. It isn't luck when everyone has a chance at him, but you recognize he's a fantasy good before them. :v:

Thank god he saved me from myself.

What about trading Robinson? You're really deep at WR and byes are almost over.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

warcrimes posted:

What about trading Robinson? You're really deep at WR and byes are almost over.

I'll trade anyone if the value is right. I'll probably try shopping him around, because my running backs are Freeman, McCoy, Hillman and Vereen. The problem is, getting a reasonable trade has thus far proven impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I have one for tonight, 1ppr

mccoy @NYJ
williams @NYJ

i can sit both and go with one of

hillman vs KC (is he evening the main back now?)
DJAX vs NO (dunno what to do about him)
Garcon vs NO (hard to play him over DJAX)
Maclin @DEN (no thanks against den d)
kamar aiken vs JAX (might be the guy to take up smiths targets)

• Locked thread