Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Corley posted:

:stare: Ummm... is it just me or does that crying child have a giant black cock?

It's just you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

im gay posted:

Someone is having a meltdown on my feed.

Please counter with this.

Barack Obama posted:

“We are not well served when, in response to a terrorist attack, we descend into fear and panic. We don’t make good decisions if it’s based on hysteria or an exaggeration of risks.

“When individuals say we should have a religious test and that only Christians, proven Christians should be admitted, that’s offensive.

“I cannot think of a more potent recruitment tool for Isil [Isis] than some of the rhetoric that’s been coming out of here during the course of this debate.

“Isil seeks to exploit the idea that there’s war between Islam and the west, and when you see individuals in positions of responsibility suggesting Christians are more worthy of protection than Muslims are in a war-torn land, that feeds the Isil narrative. It’s counter-productive. And it needs to stop.

“And I would add, these are the same folks who suggested they’re so tough that just ‘talk to Putin’ or staring down Isil [will work] … but they are scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America as part of our tradition of compassion. At first they were too scared of the press being too tough on them in the debates. Now they are scared of three-year-old orphans. That doesn’t seem so tough to me.”

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Henchman of Santa posted:

You think that person would listen to Obama?

What? No, it seems like exactly the sort of thing that would piss them off.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oh good. Time to go terrible social media post spelunking

That was fast.

It was both international mens day and international toilet day yesterday (today for slow countries) so that may help explain why it was posted.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Thinky Whale posted:

Just got my first sighting in the wild of a friend of a friend posting the thing about "Allah, the moon god of Arabia." It feels like a rite of passage.

Though I have to say, I have some friends from when I worked at a tiny private Christian college, and 99% of them have been supportive of the refugees :unsmith:

Drop "Christmas is a time of year where people set up nativity scenes to celebrate a Middle Eastern family searching for refuge" in there somewhere if you can manage to swing it around to xmaschat.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Soviet Commubot posted:

The half-joking response I've seen to that is "it seemed to turn out pretty well for everbody in the end in that story".

Yes it did, someone gave them a place to stay.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Henchman of Santa posted:

We post here because we have the etiquette not to do it on fb

Some of us don't even have a facebook account to grief people with :smug: :corsair:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

http://galtse.cx/

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
If you want to drag the crazies out on your social media of choice post something like "terrorist attack on planned parenthood kills 2, where is the Christian outrage condemning the attack"

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Picnic Princess posted:

If you're a guy. If you're a girl it means you desperately want to marry them and have their babies.

Wait, they don't?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Elderbean posted:

I tried contesting the whole "gun control causes crime in chicago" meme and mentioned poverty. Immediately strawmanned as being someone who thinks violent crime is excusable if you're poor.

Please link Chris P Bacon to what happened in Australia when we banned killing guns. Because we went from a mass shooting a year to none in 2 decades after that ban.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

RagnarokAngel posted:

Anything that starts with Al can't be trusted. It's why I stopped watching Al Roker.

What about Alan Alda?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

RFC2324 posted:

Well, apparently the highest muslim population in the world is in Indonesia, a nation made up of islands, so I assume they have some kind of ability to make boats.

As an Australian please don't mention this, it's very triggering.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

pastor of muppets posted:

My brother-in-law is at it again. :allears:

Shoot your brothers arms off and say he can keep his guns and be disarmed all he likes.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Someone fighting the good (albeit overly nitpicky about grammar) fight: https://www.facebook.com/reece.monkman/posts/10206919265531746

Had a great laugh at these, it's like he uses facebook just to make sure this idiot never forgets how much of an idiot he is.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
You're all missing the fact that it's quite likely headmates that have led to the desire for they pronoun and thus you can go back to not feeling guilty about laughing at how dumb they are.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Also, point #6 seems to be saying that people who get shot by cops, even if they complied with all the cop's requests, are somehow responsible for getting shot by not being 'safe'.

You mean this guy who is walking, then crawling away from police while having ~30 rounds pumped into him in LA today didn't deserve it?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's this one!

Because any woman would ruin any man's life given the chance!

Proving once again that a man's reputation is more important than a woman's safety.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Pastry of the Year posted:

I, uh, get what you're saying, but there's a world of difference between "this man is an rear end in a top hat" and "this man committed a violent felony".

There is also a world of difference between 'this man is made to feel bad' and 'this woman had a violent felony committed against her'

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Elderbean posted:

Someone linked an article about teachers that accidentally ate some pot brownies and this happened. Good luck pop heads.

Is this saying that they think it's the responsibility of the school system to ensure the child does chores at home?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Oh god. Now you've done it. Last time someone said they weren't interested in sleeping with a trains person in pyf was a 10 page derail.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

fullroundaction posted:

Did you know that if you replace some amount of letters in a word with some amount of different letters it sometimes makes a new word? :eng101:

Stupid concept aside, I'm still not even close to understanding what the intended meaning of this is.

Please respond to this with something along the lines of 'This is great, when we band together as a society and vaccinate ourselves WE create a herd immunity and a healthier world for everyone to live in'. Mainly because I get the vibe the sort of person who likes these platitudes is also likely to be anti-vax.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

How do I join the War Against Undertale Fans

Seems like Gamergate has your back there.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I get what you're saying - I'm willing to bet the Sonic fan wiki is a magical land of weird sexual theories, like that Chip and Ironicus Retsupurae where the guy thought that Eggman kidnapped Cream the Rabbit's mother to rape her. Still, this one is so bizarre and unfounded, even beyond just having a sex-obsessed mind (it connects circumcision to the mass fluoridation of the American water supply, for example) it could only be outdone by suggesting that the entire Super Mario series is a critique against "females" for always getting back with the rear end in a top hat even when a nice guy keeps butting in to save them, and how a nice guy can continue to love a female even after she has an rear end in a top hat's baby (Super Mario Sunshine [1] [2]) and that female still won't see that he has earned her. Further, Mario's ability to run and jump is evidence of support for health at any size, and that the females of the universe won't get with him is evidence of the double standard that says females can judge male physical appearance, but men cannot do the same. Really, Miyamoto is clearly a men's rights activist, and further -

Go on

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

As a stand alone I think this one can be funny. It's obviously not a stand alone though.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Lottery of Babylon posted:

At Will employment can be both good and bad.

I used to like your gimmick LoB but this is too far.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Mr E posted:

I for one welcome the extinction of the white race.

white person here, can confirm true.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

The Saddest Rhino posted:

weed makes people weird

Counterpoint: Not weed is worse. It should be noted that stonersloth.com is an apparently quite famous weed store, they somehow missed that when coming up with stonersloth.com.au

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Less bickering and more content please!

If you haven't already come across this, please enjoy a very awkward anti-marijuana campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rHm8GbTHyE
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/dec/20/stoner-sloth-anti-drug-campaign-gets-reality-check-as-medical-experts-walk-away

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

DemeaninDemon posted:

Flourine Uranium Carbon Potassium Yttrium Oxygen Uranium.

My brain went 'Well, you missed an opportunity to use K here, what was K again ... guess maybe I should have a coffee for breakfast this morning then'

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

IronDoge posted:

This beauty popped up in my newsfeed.

This could easily just be Australian and it's super topical here at the moment because the government are starting to push hard for a massive pay cut for people in hospitality because 'society has changed and weekends don't mean much these days'.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Krispy Kareem posted:

I can get behind that shout out. Although in my case it was more family with 9-5 jobs who can't understand why 22 year old me working service industry jobs can't do poo poo on weekends.

I obviously know nothing about Australia - how does the government push for lower wages? Was there a differential that people got by law for working weekends or does the parliament set actual wages in the private sector?

The government sets the minimum wage that you must pay staff and mandate shift loading for outside of normal hours type work. At the moment you get double your base rate if you work Sunday (150% Saturday) and they're trying to strip that Sunday loading away because 'lol, no one goes to church anymore'. But only for hospitality workers, aka the ones who have the least ability to defend themselves.

It's allegedly because it is hampering hospitality growth (which just happens to be one of the strongest sectors of the economy) but it's really because what will happen is that supermarket staff will get paid less and the supermarket chains are big party downers (meant to write donors here but the typo fits).

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

subpar anachronism posted:

Unironic 'fashion' post.

Punch him in the clock.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's an age old political tactic, though. If anybody is the slightest bit prominent they're going to have cameras around them a lot and have people taking their picture. Somebody as important as "literally the highest political office in a nation of 300 million people" is going to have a hard time going somewhere that cameras are not going to follow. It's a question of volume; take thousands of pictures of somebody and you're going to be able to find enough to make him look like a complete doofus. On the other end you're going to find a few that make him look like a prestigious person in a prestigious position.

So of course that person's opposition is going to go through the thousands of pictures, find the handful that makes him look like a tool, and plaster them everywhere saying "hey look at how much this guy sucks! These pictures make him look bad lol he's a weak poo poo bag amirite?"

Counter point, you'd be hard pressed to find a photo of me looking prestigious if I was Americas president.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

cash crab posted:

I thought this was the Thieves Guild for a second.

Ah, yes. "[blank] tries [blank]". My favourite type of clickbait.

Raccoon tries cocaine, you know you'd watch it.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

CommonShore posted:

Yeah man. I draw pretty much the same line. Almost every successful diet works because it makes a person think twice about what gets shoved in the pie hole. If someone is trying to get to a healthy weight and is on some kind of bullshit paleo retardfest, I just keep my mouth shut and let them get under 2000 calories or whatever however they manage to get there.

I will call people out on that same kind of bullshit if they're spreading misinformation and/or harrassing other people, though.

Paleo is my favourite diet because people get so psyched about it but will never give up booze. There were no stills in the paleolithic era.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

brain.centipedes posted:

Same dude again. Still have no idea what his problem is.

Please dig through his old posts and find him complaining about hangovers and posting them at him.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

oldpainless posted:

I bet they all just look the same to you.

There are that many that they blur into one :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
This comic sums it up nicely