Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Hoooo doggy this thread is back. I have a bunch of saved poo poo on my work PC I'll have to dump at a later date, but here's something more topical.

This guy is literally one of my oldest friends (25+ years) who inherited a business and a lot of money from his parents, and is, ironically, a first generation European immigrant. He is starting to become some Tea-Party-esque gigantic gently caress the poor/immigrants/non whites rear end in a top hat though and it's heartbreaking to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

It's happening guys, all the run-arounds, double-speak, and dogwhistle is gone.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

cash crab posted:

A lot of Canadians own guns, although our licensing is very strict and the kinds of guns you can have are, from what I understand, a bit arbitrary. But for some reason even serious gun nuts that I've met don't get all "ARE GUNS GRRRR" a lot of time. Weird.

Hahaha...ha...ha..ha..:smith:

All posted by a Canadian in the last 2 days.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Eponine posted:

Because you tried it, you didn't discover it. People knew about it before it came into your consciousness.

Stop oppressing me with your flowery verbage.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Fashionable Jorts posted:

One one hand, yeah good food should be enjoyed by as many people as possible, but on the other white people are trash and don't deserve nice things since we always loving ruin it (white versions of Indian dishes are just embarrassing, clueless hipsters wearing native headdresses while smoking weed at lovely music festivals, etc).

I've tasted what the Chinese think "white" food is.

Every culture ruins every other cultures food/music/film/etc. Don't be so confined to your own box maaaan.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

tviolet posted:

From the mens rights subreddit : https://np.reddit.com/r/MensRights/comments/3zyand/what_men_would_be_like_if_they_were_accountable/ (it's crazy, if you have the time, read it)
The mod stickied this post for about 2 days, but I guess people weren't too happy about it.

Here's a preview :

I pretty much assume that anyone who thinks like this was probably an orphan.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Conservatives be mad.

*crickets*

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Fashionable Jorts posted:

No thats when you pack up and move while the kid is at school. Let it live in the forest and fend for itself like a wolf really would.

I'm assuming the kid has a wolf fursona. They always have a wolf fursona.

Uh, it clearly says he's a fox you plebe. :colbert:

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Zootopia is making gross people mad.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I'm stealing someone else's Facebook crazy. What has my life become.

quote:

Around the sun and supposedly closer? Then how did it take the solar eclipse from Earth? You doctored the photographs and you didn't say that, unless they are just computer generated. I guess you can't do anything except try and sabotage someone, you just don't have the intellect for anything except being ignorant. Gonna be some trite rear end in a top hat to me are you. Stephen is on some squad that dumps souls on people. When they sprayed acid out of the ceiling in Sacramento, he was one of the people giving me who he is to replace me. There was a fly and he had me look at it and the somehow he made the fly take off, but when it did it disappeared right after take off, but then it was sitting someplace else later. Then there were hairs in the shower and one of them by itself floated in the air and moved to a different part of the tub and restuck to the wall. Looks like you aren't just replacing poor souls, you're trying to stomp me out, too, with being trite and undermining and using sabotage and following me around making sure I never count for anything and telling everyone together to get rid of me. Lots of incapacitation. Your stupid rear end isn't the greatest and you know it, you're gonna be the winner of making everyone like you unnaturally, are you? That's very English of you, witch. I'm gonna whoop you real good when I get ahold of you by naturally defeating you and your team. I'm a warrior and you're really mother fuckers, it must have been inevitable to make me run into your squads that way since that's really all you can figure on yourselves. You don't like me do you, Prof?

From two pages back, but this sentence is quite beautiful in it's Burroughs-esque crazy. This guy either is on some wicked acid or has a very unfortunate mental disorder.

Either way I guess I'm reading Ticket That Exploded again tonight.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Deceitful Penguin posted:

all y'all better preciate

mods please change my name to Commie Cummies tia

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Munchables posted:

I never played it but wasn't that another where the pirates complained on the forums and then the devs just laughed and said it wasn't a bug or something like that?

Tried to find some screenshots but failed, but back in 2008, the original Mirror's Edge had DRM that (in a game heavily involving jumping) would make you suddenly "brake" during a huge jump and plummet to your death about 10 minutes in. The forums were flooded with people complaining about this "game-breaking bug", while everyone laughed and DICE employees taunted them.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

So a buddy has been commenting on confession pages a lot lately. The "confession" ain't much of a winner, but lets see what kind of comments are....:staredog:

(public page)

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

I think "intelligent design" guy is some kind of Markov bot.

There's a whole lot of :psyduck: on his Public page...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006321229258

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Public post spotted in the wild...

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Gotta think Twitter's internal structure is under a lot of thrumming tension the last year or two. They're probably all pretty on-edge by this point.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Rumda posted:

Not too much to tell really there was a Battletech book that involved a random jungle planet and incongruous Birdpersons, it's generally ignored and reviled among fans because it's so out of place in a universe where even the invading extra-galactic warrior clans are of terran human origin.

So obviously goons decide to lean into it and squwark down voice coms and really play it up. With general outrage and tears from overly self-righteous fans.

They were the best of times...Mechwarrior/Battletech nerds are supremely terrible.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Transmogrifier posted:

Here's a nice thread detailing all his shenanigans:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/935272597520076803

This is the best thing

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

But what about the price of having to listen to foreigners speak a foreign language.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

At the cajoling of a friend, I read On a Pale Horse and didn't totally hate it. They sold it to me as a "more serious but still interesting series with the humerous undercurrent of Discworld".

Then I read Bearing an Hourglass and it was a convoluted garbage book written by a not-funny sadman.

That's my Piers Anthony is bad story.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:gb2tfr:

Someone should make this but with a dead child changing into some guy shrugging.

Have at 'er.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Sarcopenia posted:

You killed your wife Leonard.

:laffo:

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Absurdly stupid hot takes! Getcher absurdly stupid hot takes heaaah!

https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/995282532286517248

https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/995285745119236096

https://twitter.com/thrasherxy/status/995288737495027712

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

This is getting a surprising amount of mileage lately.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Overweight manbabies don't like the SuperDeluxe guy apparently.

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/998722216173998081

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Maybe, just maybe, being a gigantic rear end in a top hat on the internet should be behind an anonymous undoxxable profile like God intended.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

One of my friends went off the deep end and thinks Petersen is cool and an intellectual and she* was recently lamenting on Facebook about missing one of his lectures despite all of the evidence that he's a nonsense talking lunatic.

* Yeah I don't get it either. She's extremely white and lonely and sexless so I guess she still hits most of the squares on the Petersen Fan Bingo card

Wait wait wait.

You're in Calgary, yeah (I think? You and couple of other folks that lurk PYF). I think I am good friends with this same friend.

Are we friends friend?

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Must be hard knowing you'll never be the #1 rodent based music producer.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

zoux posted:

The banned goons and angry LPers of Twitter are really psyched about SA shutting down/already being shutdown

https://twitter.com/PixelMetal/status/1105708290670034945

https://twitter.com/Thatdorkycanoe/status/1105794965525815296

https://twitter.com/PandasAndGaming/status/1105764875802984448

I think two days ago it was like $1k

You always find out in PYF

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

CommonShore posted:

gently caress I was going to joke that the really ugly Canadian dude with the funk band was the best late night show, but he actually had the best band, and now I can't remember his name.

Fake e. Mike Bullard.

Just watch the intro lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj-_1v2w1I0

I mean, Tom Green did make him vomit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcP6bEt9pZM

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

:wow:

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

felch me daddy jr. posted:

As the article I linked to pointed out, cancer is not the only worry here, and it's difficult to know what studies to trust considering most of the respected scientists in the field are paid by the telecoms industry, and the ones who are worried about adverse health effects are barred from the advisory organizations that governments listen to. The only thing everyone agrees on is that more research is needed, and in the mean time the technology is already being built. If we do find conclusive evidence of serious adverse health effects, I'm sure the victims of that will approve of the "eh, it's probably fine" attitude, we all agree that slightly faster mobile internet is worth it after all.

Ah scientists rolling in all that shill money.

It's so unfair that crackpots are barred from serious discourse.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Maybe I've just spent too much time in the GBS Cursed thread, but that doesn't even scratch the surface of absolute hosed up poo poo related to that Bolgy-Wolgy rap (made by some other YouTuber).

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

My teeth aren't strong enough to eat other teeth. Is there a product for this...?

There sure is friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzw6nRnaQG0

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Vitamin K isn't even a goddamn vaccine, it's just a shot.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

zoux posted:

Also that lady isn't mad after a several years of dealing with drug seeking sham patients, she's mad because she can only get 8 vicodins for her wisdom teeth surgery.

:stare:

Uhhhhh...

Without googling it for obvious reasons, is AoA "Age of Attraction"?

:cry:

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Re: Rosie O'Donnell chat, Exit To Eden really hosed up 12 year old me and Rosie was the subject of my first sexy dream.

Welp thanks for reading my post.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Gotta think they mean "asparagus".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

I had the same thing happen to me. The reaction I got when I said I lived in London was like I'd I said I lived in downtown Kabul or something - the impression seems to be that gangs of roaming knife-wielding religious extremists have taken control of the entire city. I assume this is Fox News poisoning.

More directly, it's likely Prison(or In My Own Flat) Paul poisoning. Or just the generalized circle of YouTube Islamophobia grifters.