Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Tsarist Russia can be worse than Stalinism and we can still call Stalin really loving bad.

Russians can be better off under Communism and still be hosed compared to literally everyone else. When you're a serf the only people below you are literal slaves. So yeah, I'll agree with the hot take that Communism was an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

Lol, christ I didn't need this rabbit hole today

Going down a rabbit hole is exactly what that Beastbro Magick guy wants to do.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Can’t we just learn everything from YouTube?

Life skills in school are obsolete.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I hope we get Trump's hot take on Batman.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/380401743198056448

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
There’s probably an algorithm that detects patterns in social media and makes trades based on that. Maybe even something that detects a bad Twitter ratio and immediate sells.

If there isn’t one then there should be.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I bet he has real strong opinions about ladies’ vocal fry too.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I was curious whether sticking AED's everywhere actually made a difference and apparently they do (from Wikipedia):

In a study analyzing the effects of having AEDs immediately present during Chicago's Heart Start program over a two-year period, of 22 individuals, 18 were in a cardiac arrhythmia which AEDs can treat. Of these 18, 11 survived. Of these 11 patients, 6 were treated by bystanders with absolutely no previous training in AED use.

So not a bad success rate.They also note that a trained professional can operate an AED within 60 seconds whereas a 6th grader takes 90 seconds.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The tweet is still up, so either she's got a sense of humor about herself or she forgot to take her phone into the bathroom with her. Because she's going to be in there for awhile. Because she's full of poo poo.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Looks like hit-&-run-blackface-guy just deleted his Twitter.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure why anyone would be getting upset, we've always sucked. We're just finally realizing it. And you know what they say about knowing.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I can see where people might get them mixed up. They're both doing an amazing job and are being recognized more and more.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Here's an article on it. It took probably 24 hours to find the victim because he wouldn't cooperate with police. Had his parents not turned him in, he probably would have gotten away with it.

https://www.morganton.com/news/local/man-charged-in-hit-and-run-that-left-woman-dead/article_eff54570-4622-11e6-9994-cb2756aea6f9.html

Hopefully he's not in jail right now because the legal system is still giving him due process and not because he somehow avoided prison time.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Now when we old Goons say p-p-p-p-p-powerbook it's because we're hunched over sputtering spit all over our pudding cups.

"hey sonny...taste your pee."

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
He's not even going to take it out of the box.

What toys are in that much demand that children and man-children are fighting over them? I didn't think little kids like anime figurines with big boobies.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Calling Boomers the B-word going forward.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

The head of the IRA, Brad Pitt.

e: seems I'm confusing Harrison Ford v. the IRA movies here, Hollywood was at sea in trying to find a villain in the wake of the Soviet Union's collapse

Clear & Present Danger was pretty good though and not entirely implausible (IRA terrorists targeting a minor nobleman and getting angry when an American interrupts it).

Although looking it up there were 2(!) IRA terrorist movies that year. Blown Away was IRA but with bombs instead of machine guns.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

captainOrbital posted:

You may be thinking of Patriot Games; I think C&PD was the one where Tuco goes to the Cocaine Jungle?

Yeah, I'm getting my Harrison Ford Jack Ryan movies mixed up. So Hollywood's love affair with the IRA was from 1992 - 1994 then.

No one ever gets the Ben Affleck Jack Ryan movie mixed up with anything.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Mulan saved China, but I saved 5% at Mushu Miso with my Disney MagicBand.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

Before our trip to Vegas last year he was a virgin.

We paid to change that.

Captain Chicken Fingers diet stopped advancing at 9 years old and apparently his social skills as well.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

Woah the Disney Restaurants are rated well on Trip Advisor, that's what we're basing them being good on? TripAdvisor reviews written by the kind of person who goes to Disney world?

This is the same TripAdvisor that someone rated our mountains as poor on because there wasn't a toilet at the top.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra...nd.html#REVIEWS

Everywhere's a toilet if you're motivated enough.

Also, no 4g? And clouds at the top? Plus snow? WTF Scotland?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
"haha, that's funny, I wonder what kind of art @SmooGoo does."

:stare:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

wizzardstaff posted:

Furries know what they want and are willing to pay for it.

Unless you're dealing with a Furry YouTube influencer. Although considering how much Furries pay, that might be the only time exposure is beneficial.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

?? no ??

ancient writings from all sorts of cultures refer to sexual practices designed to increase the woman's pleasure. in judaism a wife could divorce her husband for being too crappy in bed. the kama sutra is extremely well known. the loving bible has a love song in it where the woman talks about receiving oral sex.

humans have always known about orgasms and having sex. it's ridiculous to assume that we've discovered some technique in the last fifty years that was unknown for the last fifty thousand.

what you're perceiving is just a couple hundred years of american puritanism that finally ended (in some parts of the country) in the 70s.

In Medieval times they thought a female orgasm was necessary for pregnancy.

Ancient peoples were remarkably cosmopolitan in between bouts of religious fanaticism.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
23 year olds are insufferable.

Zach Braff is pretty annoying too, so at least they have that in common.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I was listening to the audiobook of Shawshank Redemption and I figured I was safe in the drive-thru of a Wendy's with the window rolled down and then the narrator started using the N word.

There are no Black people in the book version of the Shawshank Redemption and he still had to stick that word in there.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

You try being from New England and figuring out anything other than white people!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
All those flyover states that Bin Laden's never heard of also got a lot of surplus military equipment because of 'threats' that they then used to militarize their police.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

They lost all their money because of the housing crash that happened because of Bush policies and happened before Obama was even elected, let alone actually president. If I remember correctly the economy started recovering in like March of his first year, so almost immediately.

GDP was down .01% in 2008, minus 2.5% in 2009, and up 2.6% in 2010, so the recession ended sometime in late 2009 or 2010. Most of the stuff to save the economy was done before Obama took Office, but he gets credit for the recovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
He's wicked racist.