Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

oh hey a new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

alright cool we didn't just lose a cesium source down a collapsed hole. that's good.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

is migf back or something? i haven't sen him posting, but i don't have much time to read or post myself at the moment, so i'm really out of the loop

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

nutranurse posted:

im ok w migf

same.

he keeps it lively around here

except when he goes off the rails

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Gravel Gravy posted:

Long distance relationships suck yall

only if you want your relationship to endure. cus i mean, if you're looking for an easy out, they're tits

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sinnlos posted:

I've been drinking every night for the past week. Also every day. And every morning. Wine festival owns.

I am very much looking forward to being back on solid ground and getting hammered in a third world country

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Soup du Jour posted:

it's currently snowing. not enough to stick or even be visible, but enough to be obnoxious when you drive and it melts on your windshield. winter is almost upon us

suks to be you, the air and the water temps here are the same. 29C.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SedanChair posted:

bugout bag chat

i repurposed mine for travel because it's a pretty good bag, but i'll restore it to its original configuration when I get back to the states

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

what's wrong with just, you know, a bowl?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

It's actually early afternoon.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

and i'm boooooooorredd. we're transiting to the next site by DP, so like at 0.9kt

but it's real close to one of the atolls, so maybe we'll have a nice view at least

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

the_paradigm_shift posted:

Are you still in the Indian ocean? Where to after Maldives?

ya, 2 more weeks here, then a short transit to sri lanka for a couple days and then back home

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i'm just waking up and :stonk:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

bah, not worth it

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

PupsOfWar posted:

well what is a&m even supposed to be good at

other than petrolium engineering, being a safe option for conservative parents who are worried about the liberalizing influences of college on their kids, and killing children in horrible rituals

all sorts of engineering, veterinary medicine, and (don't laugh) agriculture stuff, which is actually pretty important

and oddly, nautical archaeology

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

just nine more days and i can relax on dry land again with beer and hos and a nice lawn that needs mowing i'm sure and a pet pig who is apparently kind of a bastard

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ok fine, a mattock then. I've always wanted one

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jagchosis posted:

sailors just have a ... reputation for their activities portside

in colombo sri lanka though... eh....

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

the_paradigm_shift posted:

looks like ebola is still in Liberia :(

did it ever leave? i assumed it had just retreated to 'not a threat to the west, don't care' levels

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Popular Thug Drink posted:

final season of peep show. i'm ready for this. i've been waiting. bon voyage, boys

sweet, another thing to watch when i'm back in civilization

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

sparatuvs posted:

Man flying on a clear night is awesome

try far out at sea on a clear calm night. it's tits

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

A Man and his dog posted:

My thanksgiving dinner is gonna be dope as gently caress.

Also shaking my head if your not having collards.

i'm not having collards.

i think we're bbqing some stuff

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

24 hours until solid ground :dance:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

aaaaaaaaaaaa just sitting at the pilot station

waiting is the worst part

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The Warszawa posted:

actually growing mine back out

not super long or anything, but zero guard clipped more than shaven

I stopped shaving mine when i was out at sea, and i'm way balder that i remember.

still, i may let mine grow a bit too, still undecided

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Good morning. Back in the office again. Not a bad week to come back, really.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

greg abbott just went to cuba

why

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Alligator Horse posted:

I have always found that having a really fuckin swank pair of shoes makes the workaday dress-up more bearable.

no, dress shirts and ties are real annoying to wear no matter the shoe.

not that I'm against a nice pair of shoes, mind

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Popular Thug Drink posted:

the best years of childhood are 15-35 imo

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Aeryk posted:

are you still on a boat

nah I'm back at my land office now

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

site posted:

lol yeah fyad changed it's thread title already. But I already expected that spoiler so it's not a big shock.

whenever fyad does that i feel a little bit responsible and laugh a bit. i'm fairly certain i was responsible for the snape kills dumbldore one way back in the day

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

howdy! i've been catching up on animes now that i have real internet again.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

yeah, really not a whole lot of point anymore. even the ratings can't be much, but considering it's cnn

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jagchosis posted:

what animes

by the way the thread found it amusing when i pointed out your bishounen lets plays have more views than most of jeb bush's channel

Ahahahaha that's the saddest thing.

and mostly one punch man, but also catching up on monogatari because there have apparently been like three series since i last watched it

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

how much toothbrushing has there been?

the toothbrushing feels pretty mild looking back

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

nothing so overtly erotic that comes to mind, but like, i certainly wouldn't want to explain myself if someone walked in while the guy was bathing with the 8 year old vampire girl

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

anime is still good. just that show's not

i kind of disagree. rather i'd say it doesn't have any right to be as good as it is

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

safe space-fascism would be pretty cool tho

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

i actually was sort of OK with the toothbrush scene, i actually thought it was funny. but then later scenes are even worse and not funny, plus i don't like shinbo's directing and show is just generally ugly IMO

agree that it was funny, agree that later scenes are worse and not funny, maybe i'm just not far enough to be really put off by it yet. but i like the style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

is huckabee sayin we should have a draft?

• Locked thread