Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Hey man, we're almost through the season and your organization paid some money for players from other teams. How's that going?

THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

As usual, they didn't do too much free agent poo poo.

Michael Johnson, DE: Signed after being released from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are a bad team and should feel bad. He re-signed to the Bengals, his original team. He's good again. Stops the run, rushes the passer and occasionally gets to him. Continually talks about how great it is to be back with "family" :3:

AJ Hawk, LB: Signed after not being re-signed by the Green Bay Packers. Used only on run downs. Sucks but he's playing for his childhood team so that's a cool little story that won't matter once we cut his rear end.

Pat Sims, DT: Signed after not being re-signed by the Oakland Raiders. Cool and good. Sometimes is inactive to let our fourth-year DT Brandon Thompson play, who is also cool and good. Champagne problems.

That's it. Bengals are good at retaining their own. Two of the three free agents used to play here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Dwayne Bowe.

9 million guaranteed, currently 6th on the depth chart.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots didn't sign many expensive guys, but...

Jabaal Sheard, DE - Former Brown who signed to a modest deal. Had 4 sacks in the first five games, but was injured for the last three. When healthy, he was playing the lion's share of snaps, and he's been a good, disruptive force rushing the passer and decent against the run. Should be back this week and hopefully and and Chandler get to double team some fools.

Scott Chandler, TE - AFCEast incest is fantastic. Hasn't done much, and is having a Tim Wright-esque effect so far on the offense, but is at least a semi-reliable option, and if they ever go back to the TE heavy sets on the goal line, a good receiving option next to Gronk. Being paid slightly better then a 6th option, but not disappointing, disappointing yet.

Dion Lewis, RB - Scrapheap pickup from basically out of the league. Tore his ACL :( but before that was averaging 4.8 a carry and had nearly 400 receiving yards out of the backfield, along with 4 TD's. So good, they signed him to an extension by October. Tore his ACL though, which is the story of his career. Hope he can come back, because he was basically like an elite version of the classic third down back.

Jonathan Freeny, LB/ST - Decent sub linebacker, plays every snap on special teams. More incest from the Dolphins. He's a classic Belichick guy.

No one else worth mentioning, if we're down to special teams dudes.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Todd Herremans, Andre Johnson, Trent Cole :barf:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Arizona Cardinals

Chris Johnson, RB - A+ would sign again.
Dwight Freeney, DE/OLB - Added just a few weeks ago. He seems like a good addition so far! Maybe he'll break Russell Wilson in half on Sunday?
Mike Iupati, G - Got hurt early. O-line has been good without him, but since he's been back they've been better.
Mike Leach, LS - He's a longsnapper but he makes you think Arizona's gonna pass for 500 yards.

So yeah, I think these were some pretty good signings.

The Cardinals Old Man Train rides on

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 13, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Flikken posted:

Dwayne Bowe.

9 million guaranteed, currently 6th on the depth chart.

Somewhere over Dwayne Bowe, his talent flies (into the abyss)

e: As to the topic at hand:

Demarco Murray, RB: Had a famously bad first half of the season though he's been doing a lot better in the past month. So far he's definitely not worth what he's being paid but he's still an above average halfback. Tenatively a waste of good cap dollars.

Sam Bradford, QB: Most Eagles fans despise him and I am no exception to that generality. 10 TDs 10 INTs in 8 games. Causes more 3 and outs than abstinence campaigns cause pregnancies. Unfortunately, we cannot boast that he's in a better situation now than he was in with the Rams because our best receiver is a stone handed and over glorified slot receiver with rookies and known poo poo behind him and our line can't block poo poo for shat, so it is difficult to fully blame him. Still, Foles was better than this poo poo. Big flop.

Ryan Mathews, RB: We got him for a fraction of the cost we signed Murray for but have gotten similar if not better production. The one part of our offense I like. B+.

Kiko Alonso, LB: Guy is really talented and made a huge play for us his first week in the lineup. Proceeded to get hurt again. Just now coming back, looks okay, has to step up big given our recent injury to phenom Jordan Hicks.

Overall, D grade. I'm not going into our release of OG Evan Mathis but that also was incredibly dumb. I'm not ready to lambaste Kelly yet but it's getting drat close to that point for me.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 13, 2015

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Tyvon Branch - Whatever. Signed when we didn't know Berry would be back. He used to be good, he's just a guy now. He's on a one year deal so no big deal.
Jeremy Maclin - Has 2 touchdowns. An actual #1 WR. Probably slightly overpaid, but given the state of the franchise, desperately needed.
Paul Fanaika - So bad he was beaten out by just about everyone. Will probably be released after this year. Currently on IR.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

No Butt Stuff posted:

Tyvon Branch - Whatever. Signed when we didn't know Berry would be back. He used to be good, he's just a guy now. He's on a one year deal so no big deal.
Jeremy Maclin - Has 2 touchdowns. An actual #1 WR. Probably slightly overpaid, but given the state of the franchise, desperately needed.
Paul Fanaika - So bad he was beaten out by just about everyone. Will probably be released after this year. Currently on IR.

And Ben Grubbs who is probably the second best O-lineman right now and he's hurt now too. It'll be fun next year when he bring in another third-tier bad o-line guy and a practice squad receiver and call it quits!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Atticus Finch posted:

Pat Sims, DT: Signed after not being re-signed by the Oakland Raiders. Cool and good. Sometimes is inactive to let our fourth-year DT Brandon Thompson play, who is also cool and good. Champagne problems.
I'm glad Sims found a good home. I always liked him, but with Ellis and signing Dan Williams, we didn't have that many roster spots for DTs.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Richie Incognito/Tyrod Taylor/Charles Clay: :swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

Percy Harvin: meh

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 13, 2015

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Chargers

Orlando Franklin (G) Injured, underperformed when he was in games compared to money spent. I suspect it has a lot to do with the people around him now, but still not worth what's being paid for.
Stevie Johnson (WR) Performing very well, totally worth it, especially with the now severe need at WR that's coming with Malcom Floyd and Antonio Gates retiring soon.
Patrick Robinson (CB) Signed on the cheap. Significantly better than Brandon Flowers, completely worth it.
Brandon Flowers (CB) Resigned to a huge-rear end deal, productivity fallen off a cliff which was a huge surprise to everyone. Probably gets another year to pick his rear end up or get cut.
Joe Barksdale (T) Best acquisition of the season. Still the most consistent and good piece of the Charger's line. Will probably be paid a lot more starting next season.
King Dunlap (T) Biggest issue is injury right now, otherwise was performing well. Was resigned before FA began, but still counts as a free agent acquisition sort of. Remains to be seen whether he'll continue to play well.
Jacoby Jones (KR/WR) Was cut and claimed by the Steelers. Was not worth what was paid for, but I suspect a lot of that has to do with the catastrophic mess special teams was already in to this point. Still doesn't justify 1 yard gained on punt returns for the whole season.
Kenny Wiggins (T/G) Has had his ups and downs, but overall has improved over the season. If others on the line don't pan out, he'll probably get a more permanent start next season.

The people who were signed to big deals have gotten injured or severely underperformed (usually both). The people signed on the cheap have been good/great. I made mention of a few resigned people who originally came in as free agents because they are important to note for various reasons.

On the flipside, I have one person who will hit free agency this coming offseason:

Eric Weddle (S) Wanted a contract extension, got burned by front office, so he isn't negotiating with the Chargers anymore. He's not likely to sign a franchise tag if offered, he wants out that bad. Performance is down this season due to him playing to protect himself rather than make the big stops he usually does. In my mind, his performance can still be great for the next few years for another team. The biggest disaster of Charger's free agency this year is going to be to let him walk.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

Todd Herremans, Andre Johnson, Trent Cole :barf:

At least Frank Gore owns.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seattle Seahawks

... did nothing of note other than trading for Jimmy Graham. The rest of our cap money went to locking up Wilson and signing the draft class.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Rodney Hudson :parrot:
Malcolm Smith :parrot:
Lee Smith :geno:
Roy Helu :geno:
Dan Williams :parrot:
Curtis Lofton :crafty:
Nate Allen :parrot:
Christian Ponder :lol:
James Dockery :crafty:
Trent Richardson :lol:
J'Marcus Webb :chloe:
Michael Crabtree :siren: :parrot: :siren:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Blitz7x posted:

Rodney Hudson :parrot:
Malcolm Smith :parrot:
Lee Smith :geno:
Roy Helu :geno:
Dan Williams :parrot:
Curtis Lofton :crafty:
Nate Allen :parrot:
Christian Ponder :lol:
James Dockery :crafty:
Trent Richardson :lol:
J'Marcus Webb :chloe:
Michael Crabtree :siren: :parrot: :siren:

I dunno, Helu could be pretty decent. And is less likely to wipe himself out rhinocharging a goalpost than Murray.

Crabtree is all gravy though. Dude loving rules. Carr/Cooper/Crabtree (The Three Cs!) are so much fun to watch.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?
Brandon Browner :fuckoff:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Shane Vereen and Dwayne Harris were good signings, both have played big roles in generating offense for the literally always injured Giants. Marshall Newhouse, not so much.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I dunno, Helu could be pretty decent. And is less likely to wipe himself out rhinocharging a goalpost than Murray.

Crabtree is all gravy though. Dude loving rules. Carr/Cooper/Crabtree (The Three Cs!) are so much fun to watch.

I spent a while trying to find an emote for Helu. He just hasn't done anything yet, but i'm glad they picked him up

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Reggie Mckenzie has nailed the last two drafts and free agency periods holy poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rod Coleman - latest in the long line of serviceable veteran scrap heap safeties the panthers bring in. He's whatever.

Michael oher - not Byron belle. Cool and good.

Ted ginn - still a good returner, still a got awful receiver.

The panthers have cap space next year. Can't wait to see what we do after tagging Norman and losing it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Gandalf21 posted:

At least Frank Gore owns.

As does Kendall Langford.

• Locked thread