Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its lame that they dont make Halo for PC anymore, but last I played like 5 years ago lol, they had made a Halo Custom Edition thing that didn't require your CD key & people had managed to find a way to replicate most of Halo 2 and 3 in the Halo 1 engine, including extra grenades, perks, damaged vehicles, the new gamemodes, etc. So it almost doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm too blinded by nostalgia to dislike Halo 2... The only thing about it that hasn't aged so well imho is how there's something like 5 or 6 segments where you're fighting off waves of enemies on a slow moving gondola/elevator, which is especially odd considering how there aren't any sections in Halo 1 or 3 where you do that.

Some of them weren't so bad if you brought a sniper rifle since the enemy usually didn't have snipers so it gave you a chance to soften them up. But elevator/rail car/whatever segments are really bad in every game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Xen was cool, and I liked the jumping puzzles.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Halo CE doesn't have a single bad level, assuming you ignore the level thats just flood and the quirky robo cube

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool. Wonder if Microsoft will port other exclusives like Halo 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halo 1 and 2 are the best games in the series. Coincidence? I think not

• Locked thread