Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
there's a fan remake in the works: https://installation01.org/

Installation 01 posted:

Installation 01 a fan-made Halo game being made by Halo lovers working from around the world. We aim to build an artistic tribute to Halo that recreates the multiplayer experience of the Bungie-era games. The game will be free to play on all PC platforms, including: Windows, macOS, and Linux.

Installation 01 is built on top of the Unity 5 engine. It can run smoothly on even some of the lowest-end hardware while still looking beautiful on high-end machines. The game itself is a combination of what we believe to be the best parts of the classic Bungie-era Halo games. While we mostly focus on recreating the Halo 2/3 experience, there are also elements of Combat Evolved and Reach sprinkled in. Features from later 343 Industries Halo games can be enabled in Custom Games, but will not be a part of Matchmaking.

Unity is kind of bad but also easy to use and develop for, so i hope the project will gather a lot of people and progress quickly and reach a decent level of quality. i'd love to play halo customs again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

The Milkman posted:

thinking about odst

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Replaying ODST and this might be my favorite Halo game. It's amazing how good it is considering it was just a side project for Bungie during Reach's early production... It really sucks that the XBO version took out the co op Firefight mode though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWh9l8RSkPk

i think it's my favorite single player Halo. the music is so good.

• Locked thread