Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

This is all really important to remember, but it also seems pretty targeted to the American media's weird little idiosyncrasies more than the French.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Must be scary as gently caress to be in that soccer stadium.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Little doubt RAID, and probably GIGN, will be moving as fast as they can to end this.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
https://twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/665289579860201472

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lemming posted:

Better than in the Bataclan, I bet.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hope they are ok :(

If anyone has any info identifying the victims please post it here. I'm going to spend the rest of the day on the Guardian myself.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I wonder if this was the last straw for France, leading to a full-on surveillance state where you can't even take a poo poo without the authorities knowing about it.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Yeah I have a source in law enforcement (a cop, who is a colleague of a colleague and on site) who says that 60 people are dead at the theatre.
But, sources.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Regarde Aduck posted:

Are you saying no one is dead and there is mass hugging going on?

The only one being glib here is you.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Any confirmed reports of hostages?

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
30 dead :(

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Any news on the band did the band get taken hostage. Just called some people about this.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Lemming posted:

Nah. The explosions were outside, the game was not interrupted, people are probably just clueless and are currently being herded out slowly.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Yeah I have a source in law enforcement (a cop, who is a colleague of a colleague and on site) who says that 60 people are dead at the theatre.
But, sources.

Are you serious?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Corny posted:

Tweet translation:

FIRST: Some blood - (police) intervention in progress. Extreme nervousness - soldiers and police seen bearing arms

I was just corrected on this, that's en larmes, not en armes, so in tears.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Nah. The explosions were outside, the game was not interrupted, people are probably just clueless and are currently being herded out slowly.

Cell phones. People know what happened.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Crain posted:

Are you serious?

Yes, but I have no idea whether it is true or not.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

Are you saying no one is dead and there is mass hugging going on?
I am saying that

Shageletic posted:

If anyone has any info identifying the victims please post it here.
That's weird as hell, dude.

Double Bill posted:

I wonder if this was the last straw for France, leading to a full-on surveillance state where you can't even take a poo poo without the authorities knowing about it.
Woah, chilling thought.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Per the Guardian:

"The death toll has risen to at least 26 people, according to the Press Association. French media reports put the number as high as 30.

According to the Associated Press, a police official said 11 people were killed in a Paris restaurant in the 10th arrondissement, and about 35 killed in the Bataclan theatre, where a hostage-taking is under way. Police said 100 hostages were being held."

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

A buddy of mine who lives in Paris posted on Facebook saying he just left the Bataclan about 20 mins before all this started.

:(

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Kro-Bar posted:

Cell phones. People know what happened.

Of course, I meant that they were not witness to anything. On the TV, people in the stadium are looking shocked as hell.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

R. Mute posted:

My half-brother lives in Paris and I don't know what else to do.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Yes, but I have no idea whether it is true or not.

The maybe you shouldn't have said it

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Double Bill posted:

Children of Men was a documentary sent to use from the future with robot impersonators as actors.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Litany Unheard posted:

Per the Guardian:

"The death toll has risen to at least 26 people, according to the Press Association. French media reports put the number as high as 30.

According to the Associated Press, a police official said 11 people were killed in a Paris restaurant in the 10th arrondissement, and about 35 killed in the Bataclan theatre, where a hostage-taking is under way. Police said 100 hostages were being held."

Well poo poo.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
CNN says 6-8 hostage takers in the concert hall, exchanging gunfire with cops (who are outside, and on a roof) when they're not going room to room looking for people hiding.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

R. Mute posted:

He said he might have people in Paris, R. Mute

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Remember all numbers/death tolls/etc. should be taken with a grain of salt. Nothing is official yet. But it seems like it's going to be bad. :(

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Bedshaped posted:

Children of Men was a documentary sent to use from the future with robot impersonators as actors.

I was thinking Equilibrium

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Von Sloneker posted:

CNN says 6-8 hostage takers in the concert hall, exchanging gunfire with cops (who are outside, and on a roof) when they're not going room to room looking for people hiding.

christ, what is this, rainbow six. where is GIGN?

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Dr. Tough posted:

The maybe you shouldn't have said it

Get off my back, I used all the precautionary language.
Nobody knows anything.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013
My sister and brother-in-law are there right now, gently caress. :(

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is terrible but I'm just really glad Josh Homme didn't go with EODM on the european tour.

Entire thing is completely hosed. If and when France goes nuts it's going to be huge and I can't really say I blame them in some way.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Outside Bataclan:
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1rmGPWdQwaYKN

Live, I think? Jesus.

Can someone confirm if this is the place?

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Von Sloneker posted:

This is exactly what I was saying, CNN probably sourced none of this, correct?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shageletic posted:

My half-brother lives in Paris and I don't know what else to do.

Maybe try contacting them directly?

e: Unless they're incommunicado, which would be weird since you can turn off a phone's cell service and still use wifi at the least.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Litany Unheard posted:

You can hear one of the explosions in this vid: https://vine.co/v/iBb2x00UVlv

Isn't it great living in the future.

I'm British so I don't believe anything until the BBC says it's true. Course they're still only on 18 yet.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Evil Fluffy posted:

Maybe try contacting them directly?

I'm pretty sure he would if he could, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
If it's ISIS related I'm speculating revenge for Mohammed Emwazi? Seems very coincidental.

• Locked thread