Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Tweets geo-tagged to be close to the Bataclan.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=near%3A48.863208%2C2.370101&src=typd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Kafka Esq. posted:

This is exactly what I was saying, CNN probably sourced none of this, correct?

It was from Jim Sciutto, their chief natl sec correspondent, reading something from what he said was an eyewitness account. In his words, "I'm in touch with someone who is in touch with four people inside." That's all I know.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Map of the attacks

About 8km~5miles between both sites.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Maybe try contacting them directly?

e: Unless they're incommunicado, which would be weird since you can turn off a phone's cell service and still use wifi at the least.

Incommunicado. Tried to email. Phone not working.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Kurtofan posted:

I'm pretty sure he would if he could, dude.

Good to know that you're fine. Do you have any loved ones there?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
whoops

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Map of the attacks

About 8km~5miles between both sites.

Yeah the ones in Saint-Denis were (apparently) suicide bombings, outside of the stadium.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Twitter is saying that police are storming the concert hall.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Is there any news on the hostage situation????

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
I'm in Paris but nowhere close.

French news says ~100 people were evacuated from the Bataclan, but the shooters could be on nearby roofs?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Kro-Bar posted:

Where are you getting this?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
BTW it's the deadliest terrorist attack in France ever.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
here is a reddit live stream

https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmdb26t78v

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Kro-Bar posted:

Might as well. Hostages is not the right word for what those people are.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Depends strongly on your definition of terrorist.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Hollismason posted:

Where are you getting this?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
And of course immediately people are being racist shitheads and doing everything but calling for White Britons to Stand Up. As sickening as the event is, I'm scared for Muslims in Europe after this.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Bedshaped posted:

If it's ISIS related I'm speculating revenge for Mohammed Emwazi? Seems very coincidental.

I find this a bit odd. It takes more than a day to plan multiple coordinated attacks. And if they were pre-planned, surely they wouldn't gently caress up their planning by pushing the date to such short notice?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Makes sense, honestly. No way those people were going to be held for a long time before they started executing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bedshaped posted:

If it's ISIS related I'm speculating revenge for Mohammed Emwazi? Seems very coincidental.

Timing is off, things like this take quite a while to organize.

Thank god they didn't wait, that place would be a slaughterhouse if they tried to negotiate.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Depends strongly on your definition of terrorist.

I mean, it probably is unless we're gonna count invading armies as terrorists

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Kaislioc posted:

I find this a bit odd. It takes more than a day to plan multiple coordinated attacks. And if they were pre-planned, surely they wouldn't gently caress up their planning by pushing the date to such short notice?

It's probably just coincidence, or they were already really late in the planning of the attacks and were more or less ready to go.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Well there was the Reign of Terror.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

This is wrong, I have Libé opened and all it says so far is that police reinforcements have arrived. Most press is saying that they have no information about the hostage situation itself.

Also the AFP has sent a tweet saying that contrary to most reports, it has NOT issued a 30 people dead count, and is still reporting 18.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

poo poo. Seriously? They stormed it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Good to know that you're fine. Do you have any loved ones there?

In Paris, yes, but not near where this is happening thankfully.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
And people on here criticized countries that didn't want immigration from ISIS-laden areas....

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Per The Guardian

quote:

Reuters reports that US security officials believe the attacks were probably coordinated, based on initial reports. It cited an anonymous source familiar with developing intelligence assessments. “This clearly looks like a coordinated series of attacks,” the person said.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

L-Boned posted:

And people on here criticized countries that didn't want immigration from ISIS-laden areas....

gently caress you.

Edit: 99% of immigrants are peaceful people looking for a better life. Do not start painting them all as terrorists. It's disgusting.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Oh jesus

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

L-Boned posted:

If past experience is any indicator, they were likely radicalized French born Muslims, not recent migrants.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Kaislioc posted:

It's possible that they're not really coordinated on a local scale and could have just been multiple cells that with individual plans that were supposed to be able to go off from a text or a phone call.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Kro-Bar posted:

Oh jesus

also reports of shooting at Les Halles, but only one source for each.
Not trusting any of these reports so far.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

L-Boned posted:

Cool trash person impression

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Official reports put the death toll at 39+.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

News is breaking now about a 4th shooting.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Kafka Esq. posted:

The only one being glib here is you.

I don't respond well to loving moronic rules about babies first news event. People are dead. There is a terrorist attack in progress. I don't loving care about sources or if 45 instead of 44 people are actually dead. At this point in time such a level of detail is utterly unimportant. Oh man when I thought 18 people were dead I was like "man" but now it's 30 i'm like "MAN!". You're so loving stupid.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Hollismason posted:

Holy poo poo I know the bass player and band for Eagles of Death metal.

http://www.france24.com/en/livefeed

Thoughts and prayers for Josh Homme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Did we ever hear if Jihadi John was killed or just captured? I wonder if they'd want his release as part of hostage demands.

• Locked thread