Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Applied to Goons as Killdozer cause Murderizer and Feindfeuer were both containing bad words that the chat filter didn't like.

Also the Nassau has the best camoflage I've seen yet. Painted up like a retarded red river cruise ship, including fake bow-wave and painted on giant windows. :unsmith: Please tell me there are more retarded ww1 style camos available for all the other ships in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

You get some for leveling up, at least i got two for every tier 2 ship class I bought. So the fastest way to get a complete deck of Commanders is just to unlock and buy a few tier 2 boats.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Got accepted, celebrated by decorating my Nassau and instantly grabbing MVP with it after I pimped it.

It's so ugly. :allears:

I also got some high latency sometimes, but as I'm playing on the NA servers from central europe I guess that's fine. Also it's still very much playable.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Had that happen to me too, only he was so close the torps didn't explode and than he surfaced cause he probably ran out of air and got decimated by my guns. Good times.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

We just gained more guild spots.

Donating silver or gold increases the guild funds and levels up the fleet. This gives us more slots.

What's a good amount to give? I don't see what others give so I have no idea what is a valid amount to help expand the guild.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

So Goons are sailing under the Flag of Kurdistan now? I'm fine with that, certainly cooler than the ISIS flag, but I doubt anyone will recognize it.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The only ship I stop with on a regular basis is my sub, I get sunk a lot in my sub. In my BB I sometimes slow down to enlarge the window I have for firing on the enemy before having to turn hard, but I never really stop. Speed doesn't influence accuracy as much as turning, as long as you're going straight forward you can fire at enemies even at long range. On my CL and DD I go fast, always.

e: Just grabbed a "Beast Slayer" and another "War Hero" with my BB, so I can't be that wrong about always beeing on the move.

DD and CL are on full ahead for my most of the time, my BBs cruise at half speed and slow down or speed up according to need. But As I'm just an average player I'd love to get some info how others are handling this.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Nov 15, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Also as a reminder, 100,000 silver is a new flag. Got a flag you like that is funny? No problem, put the file on imgur, and we will do that.

111.111 silver contributed. How about a gay-pride rainbow flag?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Every ship can get smoke, you can even put it on submarines. Which isn't that stupid as you can cover yourself for a few seconds if you run out of oxygen while your flank collapsed.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Did that already, but was not sure if it were my funds or fleet funds, so I builded the smallest one to make sure I could cover the costs by re-donating the money. The description is actually quiet good, but I'm never sure with chinese games. Next week I'll build the bigger silver one. :smith:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Explain Carriers to me, I don't have one yet but I would love to understand the basics before heading into my first round.

e:

thanks everyone, now I feel ready to get in on the plane game. I will probably still suck horribly, but at least I will know why.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 15, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The german starter ship has 6 torpedo tubes, 4 universal and one on each side. Deadly numbers of Torpedos stays a thing throughout the game as far as I can tell but players rarely cooperate to form deadly walls of torpedo murder.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Some questions about Commanders.

1. Are the passive boni listed always active if there is no limitation in the description text, like 'when assigned as communication officer', no matter what slot I put them in?
2. Active Skills are only useable by the Captain, no matter if it's in the description or not, right?
3. Do passive skills stack, like if one guy as 2% MG dmg increase and another 3%, do I end up with a 5% bonus or only with the 3% of the highest bonus?

I guess as long as the skills are blue after I assigned the officer they work, but I'd love to make sure.

Also I bought half a year of premium time for ~17k gold, which isn't that much thanks to the pack bonus gold you get. On top of the half year you get a T2 US BB of the Great White Fleet, including Great White Fleet paintjob.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 16, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Thanks for the info, that makes it a lot easier kitting out my fleet, especially my new premium Connecticut.

e:
The 'machinegun' slots on the Connecticut are taken up by the 37mm guns, because the manual AAA is already filled with 76mm guns. The secondary armament is impressive and it comes with 4 torpedo tubes, don't see them but wikipedia lists them as submerged so I guess those are old-school forward firing tubes like you find on some of the old (pre-)Dreadnaughts. This might turn into my new favorite boat.

e2:
also changed my ingame name to Feindfeuer, don't know what I typed before but the chatfilter either doesn't work while renaming or it's not containing bad words at all.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 16, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Which is weird, cause my Tier 1 Destroyer has no problem sinking any tier 2 destroyer. The only thing it really lacks is depth charges.

Also trip report after my first round in the BB18 Connecticut, the Torpedotubes are placed at the front and back of the ship firing sideways, allowing you to combat any uboat that thinks your lone BB is an easy target. The primaries are not that great as half of them are only 203mm guns with only the forward and rearward turret featuring 305mm barrels; but they still get the job done. The secondaries are awesome, the 12 x 176mm guns fire fast and accurate and will decimate anything that dares to close with you and the 8 x 76mm manual AA allows you to clear the sky of any plane formation you might encounter at that tier.

And you do all of this while rocking the white/golden paintjob of the great white fleet. Including golden trim between the white part of the hull and the red waterline part and black barrels sticking out from your golden turrets. It's beautiful. :allears:

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 16, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I have all game-modes selected and I get into a respawn match on a regular basis. So either people don't know how to opt-out of it or there are actually people enjoying it.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

So if we manage to do fleet battles tomorrow, we should be able to get enough supply to give people 25% more exp, global exp, commander exp, and silver for awhile. I don't know how that works but eh, we will find one sooner or later.

Is there an estimate when this will happen? Also what kind of murderboat do we need to participate?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Add the 1 star japanese officer that increases deck/belt armor and the corresponding upgrade slot items and they can take quiet the punishment and will shrug off a lot of attacks that are not from BBs and even those will sometimes bounce.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

In case of the gold version it says the 10-roll has an increased chance for higher rarity commanders, same is not true (or at least not llisted in the description) for the merit-only version. So I'd say it doesn't matter how you spend your merrits.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The MM just decided to not give a gently caress and dropped me in a 5vs5 Tier4 game. With 3 subs on each side, the other dudes had two CLs and I was in an Yubari CL with some BB as backup. Both the enemies CL decided to try to snipe towards the single, central cap point and my BB agreed with this approach. My subs stalked towards the centre while the enemies subs charged right in. Torpedoed and depth charged the poo poo out of them, soloed the game. Second round in the Yubari, 2nd MVP medal and my first "Perfect Play" and "Vanguard" medal for not losing a single allied ship and basically capping solo (80+%). :unsmith:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I guess fleet battles will only be a thing for me on weekends. Bit late (or early) for me during the weekend.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

As my Bayern Class Battleship just found out, there is a Medal for surviving with less than 20% durability while having dealt more than 30% of your teams damage, "unsinkable". :black101:

e: donated some more, but currently am a bit low on cash as I just bought a bunch of boats and upgrades.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

That's why all my DD, CL and CA get a Rangefinder and why most of my killboats have Nakayama Arashi on the Comm Slot for 500 additional scouting range all the time and a 60% chance for an additional 300 in case I'm under attack (I guess that means getting hit).

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

There is a premium BB-18 Connecticut that you get for buying half a year of premium. It comes with the great white fleet paintjob by default and you can't change it (but why would you want to change that anyway?).

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

kalven posted:

Are they going to start a EU server? And if so will I be able to use/transfer my char there?

I doubt there are enough Players to support an EU and a NA Server. While my ping often goes up to 200 or even 300 the game still is very playable from central europe. Just lead a bit more.

E: :argh: phone posting

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 19, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I got promoted to "Bottom", I'm german, don't give me any position of power...that never ends well. :ohdear:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

Applied as BadPostHunter in game

Abused my newfound power and accepted your application. This bottom is doing his part.

e:
and you're in now too, so pay up.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 21, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Just had a 3on3 Tier6 game, with my CA and two subs vs two BBs and a CV. Not sure what the subs did, but I was busy the whole round just dodging artillery while shooting spotter and torpedo planes until I finally got wiped. This was the first time I felt like the MM hosed me over, but the weird thing is that I still had a lot of fun even though I firmly believed I'll just get wiped and that's exactly what happened.

Also played my first round with a CV, didn't kill a single enemy but grabbed 'Vanguard' for capping the enemies base solo. I think I'm doing CVs wrong.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Nov 21, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

HMS Dreadnought is the only battleship to ever sinking a submarine, which it did via ramming attack. :britain: Thats another reason I'm sad I won't get British Battleships in the next update.

The british are well trained in sinking submarines by running them over, it's just nice that they managed to do it with an enemy sub for once.

British K-Class Submarine posted:

Two boats were lost in an incident known as the Battle of May Island on 31 January 1918. The cruiser HMS Fearless collided with the head of a line of submarines, K17, which sank in about 8 minutes, whilst other submarines behind her all turned to avoid her. K4 was struck by K6 which almost cut her in half and was then struck by K7 before she finally sank with all her crew. At the same time K22 (the recommissioned K13) and K14 collided although both survived. In just 75 minutes, two submarines had been sunk, three badly damaged and 105 crew killed.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I wish there was a high resolution version of that, it's beautiful. :allears:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

We all are Admirals now. :toot:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

G7es Zaunkönig randomly sinking a friendly or enemy ship in an area 5700meters around the firing sub, including the german sub. That would be awesome, even more awesome if it were to replace the gold-ammo torpedo in german high-tier subs.

Also I spend all my extra gold on Fleet Funds, so now we got the money covered but it seems we're still short on XP.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Grinding right now, but had to work for eleven and a half hour today to fix the fuckup of someone else so am not sure if I finish the weekly quest today. But the Yubari proves again that it's the perfect 'win' grinder, it's basically a very heavy DD classed as a CL and it's incredibly fast and nimble and can punch really, really hard. Just lighting up everyone and sinking one or two ships is enough to secure a win most of the time.

11 battles with it so far, all victories, 7 MVP. I only survived 2 of those battles, but I play that boat very aggressivly and it just fits that playstyle so perfectly. I love it.

e:
ruined my 100% winstreak with the Yubari by beeing too tired to play boats, I'll finish the quest tomorrow once I'm home from work.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 24, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Michaellaneous posted:

How to kill a sub as a BB:

1. Drive straight at the sub.
2. Ram it.
3. Unload secondaries point blank.
4. Win match.

Fire your two Torpedo broadside from your BB 18 Connecticut and watch the average sub Player do something stupid as he tries to understand what just happened.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

And I'm back, grinding that weekly mission for those fleet XP.

That's how most of my Victories in the Yubari look. Winning the IJN way.

e:
btw, I broke my 100% winstreak with the ship yesterday by dropping smoke on the enemy and a flare on myself during the opening encounter on a night combat map. :smithicide:

e:

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Applied to join the fleet as Jarvi

Ambaire posted:

Applied to join as Ambaire. Game seems pretty fun so far.

you're all in, now pay up.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 25, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I set my alarm clock so I could finally get into some fleet battles and than promptly ignored it when it went off cause it's saturday morning here. :suicide:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Britisch BBs are pretty iconic, and there are already more than enough Players playing that class almost exclusivly. I'd love me a dreadnought, but getting more non-BB boat is probably a good thing.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Night10194 posted:

After the Kawachi I tried other nations T2 BB. They are all trash garbage compared to it.

Also, applied to Goonsfleet as Day10194. For whatever reason, it wouldn't take Night10194 for a screen name, so I had to change it up.

Nice try sneaking in 'nig' you racist. :argh:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Do the Brits get Hedgehog anti-submarine projectors later on? That would be sweet and would get me to tech down the british DD line just for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Christmas patch is out, everyone will get a HMS Repulse premium murder-boat, also the complete soundtrack on the 25th. :unsmith:

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 24, 2015

• Locked thread