Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Thank you for reminding me of that, I have a response to this now.

"Voting for Hillary in 2016 is like voting for W in 2000."

This is said while Jeb! Bush, brother of former President George W. Bush, is running for the 2016 Republican nomination with his brother's foreign policy team, including Iraq War architect Paul Wolfowitz.

Your Facebook acquaintances are going to be really, really disappointed at this debate, is all I can say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Brannock posted:

How openly will Hillary lust for Muslim death?

Or will she wink and nod and hold up her hands in a gesture of apparent inevitability?

I can't not see the second thing.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

fade5 posted:

This is said while Jeb! Bush, brother of former President George W. Bush, is running for the 2016 Republican nomination with his brother's foreign policy team, including Iraq War architect Paul Wolfowitz.

Your Facebook acquaintances are going to be really, really disappointed at this debate, is all I can say.

What does the excitement surrounding Jeb's campaign have to do with the Democratic Nomination of a presidential candidate?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jewel Repetition posted:

How would it play to say that Hillary helped create ISIS with her Iraq war vote?

Considering her like entire platform about that poo poo has been 'yea, that was a wrong vote to make' it'd probably just make anyone doing that look extremely petty to go 'yea well remember over a decade ago when you voted for a thing you now say you shouldn't have voted for? Yea, good one idiot'.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

fade5 posted:

Democrats live in reality though, and in this place called reality we sent special forces guys into Libya about a year after the consulate attack and captured the Ansar al-Sharia guys responsible for the attack.

But the mastermind behind the attacks is still free and operating on american soil!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Hillary helped create ISIS by failing to intervene with ground troops in Iraq and bomb ISIS sooner.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's 3 am. Who do you want working on last minute debate prep?

Anybody but Lincoln Chafee.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Sanders campaign staffer threw a fit with CBS on a conference call about the debate.

quote:

“It was a little bit of a bizarre scene. The Sanders representative, you know, really laid into CBS and basically … kind of threw like a little bit of a fit and said, ‘You are trying to turn this into a foreign policy debate. That’s not what any of us agreed to. How can you change the terms of the debate, you know, on the day of the debate. That’s not right,’” the staffer recounted.

Here's the new structure:

quote:

“There’s going to be a one minute or so opening basically open-ended statement from each of the candidates so they can address Paris,” the staffer said. “Then, they’re going to have the first twenty minute segment be foreign policy focused because of what happened in Paris and then they’re going to go back to the debate as it was normally structured.”

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Hillary Clinton.

Her skeles are so well known, there is a 'where are they now' documentary.

Whitewater skele was last seen on the beaches of key west, enjoying life to the fullest.

Ben Ghazie skele is an avid skiier testing her mettle in the andes.

Bitch gonna win.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hm, 'Sanders throws tantrum over not being ready for an FP debate', that's a WAY better story than 'Sanders mildly unprepared for debate questions'! Crisis averted!

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
No France, no USA.

This is t-ball poo poo.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
O'Malley's just happy to be here.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Logikv9 posted:

When asked to weigh in, O'Malley just said "Oh well I'm just glad to be getting out on a Saturday, you know?"

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Bernie may have lost this debate before it's started.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Sanders campaign also reposted his 2002 speech against the Iraq War to YouTube this afternoon.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

What great executive leadership at the Sanders' campaign.

You don't bitch to the media without leverage, like being BFF's with the outlet's owner.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Logikv9 posted:

Vice Presidential Nominee Martin O'Malley is reportedly "pleased" to have facetime with presumptive nominee Clinton; it's his first in over a month.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It's 3am at Martin O'Malley's office. He's not at the Naval Observatory; he's fast at home, asleep. At 8am, over a decent breakfast, O'Malley asks his DCOS if POTUS has called. On this day, like all previous days, the answer was the same. "No."

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

fade5 posted:

I highly doubt he will, but if Sanders actually came out at the debate indirectly blaming Clinton for the Paris attack that will be the end of what is left of his campaign, in true Romney-Benghazi campaign style.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Both Bernie Panders & :shillary: Clinton have comically horrible immigration policies. #Paris

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mitt Romney posted:

I highly doubt he will, but if Sanders actually came out at the debate indirectly blaming Clinton for the Paris attack that will be the end of what is left of his campaign, in true Romney-Benghazi campaign style.

You don't blame Clinton; you blame Obama's failure on taking initiative against ISIL, especially the "immaturity" of POTUS' comments yesterday morning to Stephatrunkalunkus, and allow the voters to insinuate that it was Clinton's fault for themselves.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The staffer outburst confirms my suspicions that tonight is going to be brutal for the Sanders campaign. I'll be interested in seeing what he brings to the table, but I don't have high expectations.

What are O'Malley's views on foreign affairs? Is he a hawk or a dove? I don't really have the patience to dig through his rhetoric to find his positions.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm excited to hear 2 hours of Hillary talking about how much she intends to hurt ISIS while Sanders is bewildered by all of it.

All people will care about tonight is how much we're going to intervene in Syria. Clinton will probably cross tie Syria to her views on Iraq and Libya in order to vindicate herself.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Does anyone know how to get the captions to turn on for the CBS livestream? Clicking [CC] just brings up the options to edit the caption appearance.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

My Imaginary GF posted:

You don't blame Clinton; you blame Obama's failure on taking initiative against ISIL, especially the "immaturity" of POTUS' comments yesterday morning to Stephatrunkalunkus, and allow the voters to insinuate that it was Clinton's fault for themselves.

You blame anyone who was responsible for the Iraq invasion, because that's exactly what predicated ISIL.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Good. CBS is garbage. "Let's jerk off to the Paris tragedy for two hours instead of our scheduled debate." Honestly if I was Sanders and O'Malley I'd put up with maybe 45 minutes of it and if they're just going to keep going with the tragedy-sploitation, get the gently caress outta there.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Gotta have real talk on how much America needs to bomb browns.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spiky Ooze posted:

Good. CBS is garbage. "Let's jerk off to the Paris tragedy for two hours instead of our scheduled debate." Honestly if I was Sanders and O'Malley I'd put up with maybe 45 minutes of it and if they're just going to keep going with the tragedy-sploitation, get the gently caress outta there.

Yea no one cares how a future president would respond to an event like this or their foreign policy ideals, fuckin idiots.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Spiky Ooze posted:

Bernie will not have many more opportunities to make his case to the American public. So. He probably shouldn't storm off the debate stage because he doesn't like the questions.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Actually watching liberals go through the mental gymnastics try to justify military intervention is a lot more entertaining than watching conservatives- especially since they start unironically talk about Middle East.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
My guess is that Bernie's going to double-down on this all being a result of the Iraq war, which he opposed. It'll be really interesting to see how that goes down if he tries it.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
lol that the DNC is burying one of only six debates on a Saturday night.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Joementum posted:

My guess is that Bernie's going to double-down on this all being a result of the Iraq war, which he opposed. It'll be really interesting to see how that goes down if he tries it.

"I agree with Bernie"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Proposition Joe posted:

lol that the DNC is burying one of only six debates on a Saturday night.

Almost certainly because it's on network TV and CBS wouldn't give up a weeknight slot.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

stephenfry posted:

"I agree with Bernie"
"And we need to clean up Bush's mess, with France's help. Not with ground troops, but by backing existing forces there."

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm wondering if Bernie's gonna bring up Hillary's emails. I've read a few articles where Team Bernie wants to go after her on the issue, despite having him publicly call it a non-issue last debate.

It seems more likely though that he will only bring it up if asked.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
But will they have a podium for Biden just in case?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Logikv9 posted:

I'm wondering if Bernie's gonna bring up Hillary's emails. I've read a few articles where Team Bernie wants to go after her on the issue, despite having him publicly call it a non-issue last debate.

It seems more likely though that he will only bring it up if asked.
I don't think he will, and I honestly hope he doesn't. One of Bernie's greatest moments last debate was "Nobody cares about your drat emails", and if he goes back on that then the attacks and the attack ads write themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary: "I was tougher than Obama on foreign policy because..."

• Locked thread