Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
“We had agreed on opening and closing statements, the timing of those," Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver said about the debate format that was settled before the attacks on Friday. "Others attempted to change those. We pushed back on those and ended up prevailing. We're very happy about that.”

When asked for more details, he smiled: "Let's just say we won."

When a reporter suggested to Weaver that the changes seemed appropriate in light of the biggest terrorist attack in over a decade, he said: "Of which we have a minute and a half to speak to that. I don't even know what the argument is about."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/bernie-sanders-debate-no-terrorism-215868

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

im ignorant of every particular but im guessing the 'republican strategist' was some green room warrior who knows how to say poo poo that gets him back on tv, and that's the be all and end all of his comments

the fact that multiple possible rationales exist for his comments just means he's done a fairly good job at getting himself back on tv

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

When a reporter suggested to Weaver that the changes seemed appropriate in light of the biggest terrorist attack in over a decade, he said: "Of which we have a minute and a half to speak to that. I don't even know what the argument is about."

Oh god this is going to backfire on the Bernie campaign so loving badly :cripes:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

im ignorant of every particular but im guessing the 'republican strategist' was some green room warrior who knows how to say poo poo that gets him back on tv, and that's the be all and end all of his comments

the fact that multiple possible rationales exist for his comments just means he's done a fairly good job at getting himself back on tv

well rite now they are discussing the importance of social media and some bullshit about how Bernie doesnt listen to twitter, whatever the gently caress that means. I cant roll my eyes hard enough

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Joementum posted:

:shittypop:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

babypolis posted:

well rite now they are discussing the importance of social media and some bullshit about how Bernie doesnt listen to twitter, whatever the gently caress that means. I cant roll my eyes hard enough

honestly just as advice from one human to another i would suggest changing the channel

i like sports but you could watch some other bullshit too

liga mx gets coverage here now but i dont have a real good sense of who the teams are and what all the clausuras and aperturas and liguillas and poo poo really mean. i can wikipedia it but id love a solid review show. probably i get one

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

DaveWoo posted:

Oh god this is going to backfire on the Bernie campaign so loving badly :cripes:

:psyduck:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/bernie-sanders-debate-no-terrorism-215868

Hello left wing Ron Paul, it's been a long time coming.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

nah dude he won. 'let's just say we won' he said it himself, that settles it

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

honestly just as advice from one human to another i would suggest changing the channel

i like sports but you could watch some other bullshit too

liga mx gets coverage here now but i dont have a real good sense of who the teams are and what all the clausuras and aperturas and liguillas and poo poo really mean. i can wikipedia it but id love a solid review show. probably i get one

clausura and apertura are just different names for fall and spring seasons. liguilla is the playoffs. you can support anyone who isnt America

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Guys it's a whole minute and a half to discuss an enormous attack on one of our allies, YOU'RE WELCOME PLEBES.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Bernie is going to own and fly out of the debate on a purestrain gold jetpack

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

babypolis posted:

clausura and apertura are just different names for fall and spring seasons. liguilla is the playoffs. you can support anyone who isnt America

when i was in denver on federal blvd where the mexicans live there was a car repair shop called 'america [car repair or w/e]' with a surely authorized club logo painted on the side of their building. thats all i had to say about that

edit: never mind im full of poo poo they have their own logo https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7337536,-105.0251723,3a,75y,253.57h,68.59t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8ZS-pmij_f14XdzhI7EkDA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

basically i should delete this comment and replace it with a single '.'

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 02:20 on Nov 15, 2015

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

no one is going to give a poo poo about an offhand comment by a staffer

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Wasn't there some poster here or in D&D before this subforum saying the debates being on saturday was a conspiracy by Clinton and DWS to rob poor Bernie?

That isn't a conspiracy. It's just what happened. Why else do you think they intentionally scheduled the debates when nobody would be watching?

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/11/12/9699836/democratic-debate-schedule

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

babypolis posted:

no one is going to give a poo poo about an offhand comment by a staffer

Jeff Weaver's the rear end in a top hat who made the "yes we might consider Hillary for VP...we might even grant her an interview!" comment a few weeks back

He's an idiot

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hello left wing Ron Paul, it's been a long time coming.

Can we just call Hillary Clinton supporters Bill Clinton supporters?

Please sir, tell us what you think about mandatory minimum sentencing, housing deregulation, and welfare reform.

EugeneJ posted:

Jeff Weaver's the rear end in a top hat who made the "yes we might consider Hillary for VP...we might even grant her an interview!" comment a few weeks back

He's an idiot

Literally every presidential campaign ever has done this. It's a common jab.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

angerbeet posted:

Bernie is going to own and fly out of the debate on a purestrain gold jetpack

what's the purestrain here? purestrain not being bismarck in the body of a soccer mom?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

EugeneJ posted:

He's an idiot

And he's on the live stream now

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Has anyone managed to get the captioning working on the CBS stream

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

FuriousxGeorge posted:

That isn't a conspiracy. It's just what happened. Why else do you think they intentionally scheduled the debates when nobody would be watching?

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/11/12/9699836/democratic-debate-schedule

to maximize the democratic party's chances of winning the general election, im guessing

edit: please dont watch political debates

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I don't know that the "Bernie tries to stop discussion of Paris" story will stick, but media twitter is doing some performative outrage all over it, and the media loves performing outrage for as long as you'll let it. Don't be surprised if it sticks around.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Brannock posted:

They work on chrome, they're just lagging behind. Maybe turn off ad blockers?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Brannock posted:

they work on my feed. I dont think I did anything besides click on the plus button

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Valentin posted:

I don't know that the "Bernie tries to stop discussion of Paris" story will stick, but media twitter is doing some performative outrage all over it, and the media loves performing outrage for as long as you'll let it. Don't be surprised if it sticks around.

It really doesn't matter. Hillary is not going to shut up about it at tonight's debate.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Valentin posted:

I adore that you can't even fathom why 'the media' wouldn't be super jazzed about a campaign having a tantrum and forcing a debate to change to what they want. Like, not event he republicans' pissfests could make their debate shift that much but suddenly Sanders' smug little dude has a meltdown and things change?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

They work on chrome, they're just lagging behind. Maybe turn off ad blockers?

Ah, it was one of the advertising scripts. I had adblock off for the CBS stream already. Thanks for the tip off

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

:fsmug: You're welcome, Bernie. :fsmug:

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I adore that you can't even fathom why 'the media' wouldn't be super jazzed about a campaign having a tantrum and forcing a debate to change to what they want. Like, not event he republicans' pissfests could make their debate shift that much but suddenly Sanders' smug little dude has a meltdown and things change?

In other words, let's talk about pure hatred, racism, and xenophobia tonight. These are all constructive, helpful discussions to the Democratic party TYOL 2015.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

BOOM! :boom:

All campaigns are equal, but some are more equal than others :bernget:

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh, I think that this is actually bad policy in addition to being bad optics, and covering it is 100% understandable. I just mean that it probably won't get dropped not just because it's noteworthy, but because the media enjoys being outraged.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Is this going to be on any AM/FM channels? Going to be driving home for the bulk of it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Valentin posted:

Oh, I think that this is actually bad policy in addition to being bad optics, and covering it is 100% understandable. I just mean that it probably won't get dropped not just because it's noteworthy, but because the media enjoys being outraged.

But honestly I can't see how the number 2 Democratic candidate having a tantrum until a debate changes isn't noteworthy. Like it's not Watergate 2 or whatever, but especially from the dude who's all up in changing the culture and all behaving this way should be really embarassing.

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

In other words, let's talk about pure hatred, racism, and xenophobia tonight. These are all constructive, helpful discussions to the Democratic party TYOL 2015.

What does this even mean. Like, do you think we shouldn't talk about bad things because bad things make us sad?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
So on CBS just now they're talking about how the debate is going change significantly because of the attacks.

So basically, this dude threw a tantrum, got nothing, and potentially made Bernie vulnerable. I would say fire him but that probably also doesn't look good at this point?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Tatum Girlparts posted:

But honestly I can't see how the number 2 Democratic candidate having a tantrum until a debate changes isn't noteworthy. Like it's not Watergate 2 or whatever, but especially from the dude who's all up in changing the culture and all behaving this way should be really embarassing.

What does this even mean. Like, do you think we shouldn't talk about bad things because bad things make us sad?

technically he had a tantrum until a debate *didn't* change

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Because anything relating to ISIS is probably going to be done and over with before the end of this election, and that what will be seen tonight is pure fantasy. Like, "if I were President now I would murder browns THIS hard :smug:".

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Mr. Powers posted:

Is this going to be on any AM/FM channels? Going to be driving home for the bulk of it.

Looks like WBZ 1030 would be the local station with it, but I can't find their program listing to see if they're playing it

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is the CBS News online feed like this 24/7? I could get used to watching something like this regularly

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Yes, it's a useful way for a candidate to grab votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Mr. Powers posted:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-radio-news-affiliates-6518013/

• Locked thread