Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Wasn't there some poster here or in D&D before this subforum saying the debates being on saturday was a conspiracy by Clinton and DWS to rob poor Bernie?

A republican strategist on CBS is saying basically this rght now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

That's kind of dumb.

Given her debate skills, I'm pretty sure Clinton would want as many people watching the debates as possible. There's no need for anyone to conjure up an elaborate conspiracy about the debate's timing (except for the Republicans, as it fuels their narrative about Clinton being dishonest and manipulative.)

I think the idea is that Hillary has nothing to gain and much to lose from a debate, which is very much true. I mean every candidate wanted more debates, except Clinton.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

im ignorant of every particular but im guessing the 'republican strategist' was some green room warrior who knows how to say poo poo that gets him back on tv, and that's the be all and end all of his comments

the fact that multiple possible rationales exist for his comments just means he's done a fairly good job at getting himself back on tv

well rite now they are discussing the importance of social media and some bullshit about how Bernie doesnt listen to twitter, whatever the gently caress that means. I cant roll my eyes hard enough

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

honestly just as advice from one human to another i would suggest changing the channel

i like sports but you could watch some other bullshit too

liga mx gets coverage here now but i dont have a real good sense of who the teams are and what all the clausuras and aperturas and liguillas and poo poo really mean. i can wikipedia it but id love a solid review show. probably i get one

clausura and apertura are just different names for fall and spring seasons. liguilla is the playoffs. you can support anyone who isnt America

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

no one is going to give a poo poo about an offhand comment by a staffer

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Brannock posted:

Has anyone managed to get the captioning working on the CBS stream

they work on my feed. I dont think I did anything besides click on the plus button

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

that was a pretty good exchange from both sides

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the retarded "twitter analysis" is making me want to shoot myself

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

A higher education is always worth something if you can get it. I don't see your point.

because its gonna be worthless for all the people who had a subpar education and as such dont have the skills needed for college. it benefits the smart kids more and you can make the argument that those kids were going to be fine anyways

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbott_district

See this? Do this everywhere, instead of just Vermont and New Jersey.

"A 2012 study by the New Jersey Department of Education, however, determined that score gains in the Abbotts were no higher than in those in high-poverty districts that did not participate in the Abbott lawsuit and therefore received much less state money"

sounds to me like just throwing money at it doesnt really work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

fishmech posted:

They don't receive no state money at all though, they still receive thousands of state dollars per pupil to make up for the low property tax income from low property values. The special districts simply receive additional thousands of dollars from the state per pupil.

Before all this started, back in the 80s, all of the poor districts received hundreds of dollars per pupil at absolute most.

Still it shows there a low upper limit to the effectiveness of more cash. And even then a pretty big gap remains which suggests money alone doesnt come close to solving the problem

• Locked thread