Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
So, the Paris attacks really swing this debate in Hillary's favor. Bernie is much less fluid when talking about foreign policy, and Hillary's hawkishness will play pretty well right now. It will definitely be interesting to see if Bernie can find a way to navigates this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Bernie may have lost this debate before it's started.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Spiky Ooze posted:

Good. CBS is garbage. "Let's jerk off to the Paris tragedy for two hours instead of our scheduled debate." Honestly if I was Sanders and O'Malley I'd put up with maybe 45 minutes of it and if they're just going to keep going with the tragedy-sploitation, get the gently caress outta there.

Bernie will not have many more opportunities to make his case to the American public. So. He probably shouldn't storm off the debate stage because he doesn't like the questions.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Valentin posted:

So the only outcome of this pre-debate kerfuffle is that at some point Clinton slips in a line about "Some would rather not discuss the ugly realities we face in the world today..." and wins free points, basically?

She could do this, but it's a pretty risky maneuver without a very clear idea of what actually happened. If it's at all different than what's been reported Bernie could zing her pretty bad.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

When asked for more details, he smiled: "Let's just say we won."

:fsmug: You're welcome, Bernie. :fsmug:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
So on CBS just now they're talking about how the debate is going change significantly because of the attacks.

So basically, this dude threw a tantrum, got nothing, and potentially made Bernie vulnerable. I would say fire him but that probably also doesn't look good at this point?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Moooooooslim. Love it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I think Bernie is doing ok after the really sticky first few minutes.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

a cop posted:

What is the consensus here? Who does everyone think is "winning" (in terms of garnering or bolstering more voters that they need)?

I thought Bernie was going to wipe out after his intro but he recovered pretty quick and it seems like a wash overall.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

paranoid randroid posted:

also goddamn youre loving stupid holy poo poo

i mean my loving god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Necc0 posted:

For someone as on the ball as Hillary I was really surprised at her 9/11-wall St answer. What the hell was that. Props to CBS for calling her out on that.

She lost control and went full demagogue. That's the real Hillary underneath all the beeps and boops, but fortunately we only have to see her when she gets pissed.

• Locked thread