Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

A Neurotic Jew posted:

So, the Paris attacks really swing this debate in Hillary's favor. Bernie is much less fluid when talking about foreign policy, and Hillary's hawkishness will play pretty well right now. It will definitely be interesting to see if Bernie can find a way to navigates this.
Agreed. Hillary was pushing to knock over Assad back in 2011/2012/2013, and there's a decent argument that ISIL would not exist in it's current from if the US/NATO had done a regime change in Syria, like Hillary was pushing for. (There are of course counterarguments to this, but as noted Bernie is much less fluid when talking about foreign policy.)

mike12345 posted:

Idk all I see is an opportunity to re-introduce ~Benghazi~ and blame her for failing to protect americans.
Democrats live in reality though, and in this place called reality we sent special forces guys into Libya about a year after the consulate attack and captured the Ansar al-Sharia guys responsible for the attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The Bernie Sanders group on FB already frothing with rage at the suggestion that lying hypocritical woman could come close to Bernie Sanders on FP, when he's always right about everything.
Can you ask them about Afghanistan and Kosovo, I'm curious how they'll respond.

Bernie brought up last debate that he voted for Kosovo and Afghanistan so it's not like it's something he's changed his mind on, and I expect that he'll bring them up again and that he continues to support airstrikes against ISIL in today's debate.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Thank you for reminding me of that, I have a response to this now.

"Voting for Hillary in 2016 is like voting for W in 2000."

This is said while Jeb! Bush, brother of former President George W. Bush, is running for the 2016 Republican nomination with his brother's foreign policy team, including Iraq War architect Paul Wolfowitz.

Your Facebook acquaintances are going to be really, really disappointed at this debate, is all I can say.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

stephenfry posted:

"I agree with Bernie"
"And we need to clean up Bush's mess, with France's help. Not with ground troops, but by backing existing forces there."

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Logikv9 posted:

I'm wondering if Bernie's gonna bring up Hillary's emails. I've read a few articles where Team Bernie wants to go after her on the issue, despite having him publicly call it a non-issue last debate.

It seems more likely though that he will only bring it up if asked.
I don't think he will, and I honestly hope he doesn't. One of Bernie's greatest moments last debate was "Nobody cares about your drat emails", and if he goes back on that then the attacks and the attack ads write themselves.

• Locked thread