Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

AndNowMax posted:

Why are they having this on a Saturday

Old people got nothing better to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

According to Hillary, this election is about electing a President and also about electing a Commander in Chief. Interesting constitutional move.

applying the dick cheney school of thought on administrative status to the higher office

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
is o'malley running for president or auditioning for the role of president?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Acquilae posted:

did bernie just relate global warming to terrorism? :psyduck:

yeah the cia and state department are predicting a rise in sectarian violence and terrorism as vulnerable populations are displaced due to global warming

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
hoo boy sanders discussing blowback

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

tinstaach posted:

I think the crowd is playing a factor too. I don't know if they've been instructed not to clap, but it's not nonstop red-meat applause lines like the GOP debates.

i dunno, think about the kind of person who's got nothing better to do on a saturday night than attend a presidential primary debate

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Nintendo Kid posted:

it's iowa. what the gently caress else you gonna do, cow tipping?

party at the pizza ranch

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

memy posted:

I've never seen a debate where every candidate is so unprepared and unpolished

you never watched any of the gop debates?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

EugeneJ posted:

They're all leaving softballs for the GOP candidates

When is the next GOP debate?

mid-december

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
dickerson takes no poo poo

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Bad Caller posted:

Real talk why doesn't Hillary talk about her support of single payer healthcare coverage in the 90s? Like it was unpopular then but now a lot more people are in support and it'd take wind out of Bernie's sails

it opens up the question why she later supported a modified version of the republican response to hillarycare

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
carcetti getting a little too aaron sorkin

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Are they going to STAY interested though? I've said it before but I'm kinda worried this whole #feelthebern poo poo is gonna wind up giving us our version of the Paulites. Like the sheer cult of personality focused ONLY on Bernie to the point of tearing down anyone who dare say 'well maybe he's not right about this one thing' in some hilariously embarrassing ways like lecturing black activists that did you know he marched with MLK and wrote a letter about gay rights once.

obama's disillusioned far more idealistic youth than sanders ever will

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
doin' it and doin' it and doin' it well

-bernie sanders

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

blue squares posted:

I really hope some longtime Republican voters watch this and are able to compare tonight to the idiotic farce that have been the GOP debates, and maybe begin to consider whether they should keep voting the same way

lol

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
oh god she's using the lois griffin debate strategy

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

Just got back from visiting the grandparents, how's the debate been

a little spicy and quite robust

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
clinton finally steering into the skid

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

spoon0042 posted:

krugman shoutout, holy poo poo

i got bingo

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Shear Modulus posted:

sanders raising his hand every time he wants to talk is pretty cute

petting different sized ponies

e: oh wait wants to talk

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Yoshifan823 posted:

We should not look at a college degree as a high school degree from 60 years ago.

yeah it's more like 30 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

College education is a civic good that benefits society on the net by having a well educated populace. There's nothing stopping somebody who pursues a Gen. Ed. degree from then turning around and learning a trade.

also there's plenty of things you can study in college that are basically more complex vocational training like accounting and engineering

• Locked thread