Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

What is the consensus here? Who does everyone think is "winning" (in terms of garnering or bolstering more voters that they need)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Joementum posted:

Martin is having a good night, but it won't matter because nobody is watching this and his campaign has no constituency.

Yeah I agree. So, de facto Clinton "win"? I feel like poo poo needs to go really poorly for her in some regard for her not to be the nominee.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

can anyone but clinton "win" if she's 100% ensured to win

p much

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

So does CSPAN not do debate wrap-up callin shows anymore? I thought they always did them regardless of which network the debate ran on?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Bad Caller posted:

I'm honestly worried a Republican will win just because of so many of the Democratic base not being all that for Hillary

Like yeah she'll win the primary but she could lose a general from voter apathy and a republican candidate is just asking for more dead americans

Same. Depending on the GOP nomination the democrats largest boon may very well be voting against their candidate. Reverse base mobilization.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

SirKibbles posted:

Bernie is oddly popular with a part of the Republican base.

Though at the same time, he's a Jew. So I mean. There's that. Still lots of antisemitism in this world.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Matthewtheman posted:

Hey, people have a right to extra spending money. How would you feel if you only made enough money to fulfill your basic needs with none left over to spend on your hobbies?

Like someone who's saving enough to retire at 50 :smug:

Music- the best most cost effective hobby.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Immortan posted:

Free college isn't realistic, you goober.

Our GDP per capita is higher than lots of other countries who manage to do it. It's not free, it's paid for by taxpayers, who are making an investment in the country which pays off for everyone.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Tigntink posted:

There was a kid in Memphis who was accepted to every single Ivy college with full ride scholarships but decided to go to a state school because his parents couldn't afford to help him with the high living expenses that come with going to ivy leagues. College isn't just tuition.

Full ride often includes housing though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Thanks for the graphs. (this is UNironic)

• Locked thread