Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Both Bernie Panders & :shillary: Clinton have comically horrible immigration policies. #Paris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Ralp posted:

I'm going to write a coming-of-age novel set during this debate wherein a goon comes to terms with the realization that he was never really in love with Bernie Sanders, he was in love with the idea of Bernie Sanders.

What does this mean?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

paranoid randroid posted:

also goddamn youre loving stupid holy poo poo

i mean my loving god

Still butthurt I see.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Free college & healthcare? :lol:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Bad Caller posted:

Isn't $15.00 what the DNC supports though as well? Or was someone just bullshitting earlier in the thread and my memory is wrong.

She's proposing $12.00 because thats what the MW should be had it been adjusted with inflation accordingly.

$15.00 MW is just fantasy land gibberish.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Bernie Panders isn't going to be the nominee, folks. His performance tonight illustrated just how unrealistic he is.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Tigntink posted:

Her college stance is also awful. Just because someone's parents are well off doesn't mean they are going to give their kids poo poo.

:lol:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Trump's kids is not a valid excuse to dismiss free college.

This isn't that hard.

Free college isn't realistic, you goober.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Tigntink posted:

So you don't think college is something that should be available to anyone who gets the grades? I mean, really? Just because that situation might be unlikely doesn't mean it doesn't happen. If we are going for equality, make it equal.

There's a difference between saying it should be available and saying it should be outright free. You and Sanders misunderstanding this fundamental concept is why Hillary will be the nominee.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Tatum Girlparts is being intentionally misleading about Bernie's stance for support of a minimum wage increase. He said that people need money to pay for more goods and services because that's what generates demand for jobs. It was an employment issue to begin with. Acting as if poor people don't care about the availability of jobs, is the most ludicrous concern trolling I've ever seen.

Keep telling yourself that a $15MW would ever pass congress. :ssh:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Tigntink posted:

Highlight was Hillary getting twitterwrecked for saying the reason that wallstreet gives her money was because 9/11

Hillary was getting hammered tonight and :lol: @ anyone who says the media gives her a pass.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Yoshifan823 posted:

Here's my issue with free college: Giving everyone free college, to me, signals that we're giving up on our public primary school education system. If you really want a revolution in education, we need to revamp K-12 before we tackle free college. I'm not saying that we should do nothing w/r/t student debt etc., but I'm more in favor of "no going into debt for education" rather than "free college". If you say "everyone should have the right to go to college", you're just tacking an additional four years of school on to everyone's educational lifespan, which is great if you're into education, but if you're not a learner (which I would fall into, despite the fact that I enjoy picking up knowledge, I really floundered in a school setting), it's basically condemning you even further into being an "other" than someone without a college education now. I think that we should make sure that everyone who wants to go to college can without destroying their credit, but "free college" is only going to expand our post-secondary system even further, when we could do a lot better expanding high school and junior high to create more of a liberal arts-esque well-rounded education that doesn't take 17 years of school to get out of.

Basically, what I want to see is for college to become even more specialized, and less ubiquitous, and if you have free college for everyone, it's only going to create a situation where people who don't have a college degree are even more worse off than people who don't have one now. Taking half of the money that would be used for free college and funneling that into our public schools (and simultaneously saying "gently caress off" to that charter school bullshit) would be a much better use of the money, because we already have the structure of the K-12 system that everyone goes through now, and just punting that off to colleges (which would still be separated into public/private, and thus, more susceptible to creating divisions between people with money and people without) isn't going to do as much good for people who don't have the time or aptitude for more school.

This 100%.

zen death robot posted:

Yeah K-12 needs to get fixed up way before we start worrying about free college. Let's be serious for a moment and call that promise what it is: a way to get the young crowd to vote for you.

You mean Bernie Panders might be pandering to his audience? :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

MeatwadIsGod posted:

So was this debate worth watching? I got the impression from the first one that Bernie treated it more like a stump speech than a debate, but it seemed like neither he nor Clinton were a clear winner to me. I've just gotten burned out on the election cycle and probably need to purge for a month before I care again.

Only 8 million tuned in to watch this snoozefest. :negative:

The Bernout has already commenced.

• Locked thread