Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
I'm on vacation and it's raining so I'm going to play this game, any suggestions? No spoilers plz just friendly tips. I never played any other games in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I suggest you enjoy this great game OP

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Try fusing your demons to get more powerful ones.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

get a full team of demons as soon as possible, save often, and have fun

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Dubplate Fire posted:

I'm on vacation and it's raining so I'm going to play this game, any suggestions? No spoilers plz just friendly tips. I never played any other games in the series

Always fuse demons once you out-level them. Don't waste your time trying to level them up.

Also try to cover all the elements you can in your team comp while keeping the amount of weaknesses your team has to a minimum.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Thanks for the tips!!! I'm booting it up now. Is there a really long intro with no combat or anything cuz that's gonna put a damper on my excitement

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

The third person I talked to is named 'Slant-eyed man.' 10/10

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dubplate Fire posted:

Thanks for the tips!!! I'm booting it up now. Is there a really long intro with no combat or anything cuz that's gonna put a damper on my excitement

nope your gonna be fighting demons in like 10 minutes maybe. enjoy the game OP

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the first dungeon is the hardest because it drops you right in... save often

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

no they will not posted:

the first dungeon is the hardest because it drops you right in... save often

yup... just got wrecked without saving...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If you're gonna go with a physical damage build, raise dexterity instead of strength since dexterity helps your physical attack skills way more than strength does.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dubplate Fire posted:

something tells me you're retarded and will quit the game before long

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
This game is pretty brutal at first but after the second major boss it eases up considerably.

Look up a non-spoiler guide on the Neutral ending. It's the best path in terms of content you can get.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

something tells me you're retarded and will quit the game before long

nope got the hang of it... I don't think that was very nice of you tbh, sorry I don't enjoy games with hour long introductions with no gameplay

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

This game is pretty brutal at first but after the second major boss it eases up considerably.

Look up a non-spoiler guide on the Neutral ending. It's the best path in terms of content you can get.

I don't plan on looking up any guides, maybe I will try it on a second run

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have fun, and try to get a full team as soon as possible. makes the game a lot easier when you're not just wiping every enemy turn

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
dexterity affects the damage from your physical skills a lot more than strength, so pump dex if you want to do a phys build.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I bought my sister smtiv for her birthday and the only rpgs she's played are paper mario and pokemon.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
if you are going to do a physical build, you should do dexterity, instead of streangth. the dexterity manufactures the increase of damage in Skills many more than does Stregth.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
OK OP there's something important you need to know. If you want to make an effective physical build you should level up dexterity instead of strenght. It increases the damage of your physical skills more than strength does. I hope this helps.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
when enemies are afoot, you must reallocate the demons from the field to your man in order to revolutionize the making of enemies deceased. place your demons in the Special Room together to make them happy, and initiate a new Demon.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

One more question, if I'm going to do a physical build should I level dexterity instead of strength as it increases the damage of my physical skills more than strength does?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dubplate Fire posted:

One more question, if I'm going to do a physical build should I level dexterity instead of strength as it increases the damage of my physical skills more than strength does?
Correct.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Dubplate Fire posted:

no. i don't know what would've given you that idea.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

no. i don't know what would've given you that idea.

wait so if I go dex it'll increase my physical skills more than strength?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HAS sorry caps. Has there been any more info about SMT4-2.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's some music from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5DZ9UyOsQ battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elkEvP4cdeA boss

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I am poo poo at the fusing thing, I always have a bunch of crap personas and a few kickass ones I use constantly.

I have made my social links pretty strong overall which helps compensate for my general idiocy otherwise. It hurts when you are a couple of levels away from a useful move though

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my morning jackass posted:

I am poo poo at the fusing thing, I always have a bunch of crap personas and a few kickass ones I use constantly.

I have made my social links pretty strong overall which helps compensate for my general idiocy otherwise. It hurts when you are a couple of levels away from a useful move though

They're demons you jackass.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Have you tried putting points in DEX?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

HAS sorry caps. Has there been any more info about SMT4-2.

it has slimer

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

hey troll, these are demons, not personas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

turn the game off, op

• Locked thread