Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Name: Luca "Stardust" Mathers
Class: Alchemist
Portrait: 2

A legendary rags-to-riches celebrity whose masterful skill with a fog machine is at #8 on her list of desirable traits on her resume. Born into poverty, Luca distinguished herself from the rest of the homeless urchins by MacGyvering together a pyrotechnical display of massive proportions for a surprise during a royal parade of her country's origin. Naturally, giant explosions 'n poo poo everywhere threw the crowd into a serious panic, but once the disruption was properly investigated, the local authorities, especially the king, were so impressed that a single child could put together something to put the royal parade to shame (and be so smug about it, too!) that at the age of 11 she was put to work as the primary stage director for the king's personal theater venue. Funnily enough, when your theater business starts booming turns out you stop being a homeless urchin pretty quickly!

Having quickly become more famous than even her own king, by a few years later entertainers all over the entire world were chomping at the bit for the opportunity to work with the legendary Stardust. Her inspiring tale of the rise to superstardom was a hit with the disaffected youth of the modern era as well, and soon the people in front of a production were being ignored for the tiny wunderkind making the sparks fly and the snowflakes fall.

Being that fame is little more than a curiosity to such an individual as the legendary Stardust, Luca decided to use her newfound wealth to take an impromptu vacation for a work study on more practical applications of making lightning bolts shoot out of her palm than THUNDERSTUCKing that shithead Robbie in the junk back in the slums. The world awaits further news with bated breath.

An eccentric celebrity to the end, Luca is a shining beacon of ignoring social norms (for instance, she is a special effects expert and not a wizard, which made the Alchemists' University of Etria grind their teeth so hard you don't even know.) She's known to walk off in the middle of conversations because she spotted something else interesting in the distance... like spiders. Spiders are fuckin' cool you don't even know. They don't take kindly to fire, though. (She learned that one firsthand.) She's also developed the ability to sleep basically anywhere based on her frequently messy-but-functional workspaces; "Stardust actually sleeps in a bed!" was a big hit headline once. Still, it's not as though she doesn't try. She doesn't dislike people or anything- actually, she thinks it's neat to hang out with people in large groups- it's just sometimes other people say words longer than they need to, you dig? No need for flowery prose when a "Cool." will suffice.

Like that giant tree.

It's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Heh, not only did I make the thread title but I get to maintain my monopoly on EO2 Alchemists. :smug:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

You seem to be missing a screenshot here.

Which is unfortunate, because any opportunity this thread has to fill it with more Cass is one that should be taken, as he is the best character in the game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kemix posted:

(infinite 'retries' after a game over, I assume makes damage given/taken a 150/50 spread)

more like 300/25

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm paying attention to the other save file. :twisted:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
NO MORE GAMES

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I hope someone saved that picture of Ravelope. :allears:

What, this one?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
: AH, AH, DUUUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

After an absence in EO3 due to the entire class roster being redone, Landsknechts showed up again in EO4--albeit completely reworked to be elemental damage dealers that rely on the rest of the party, but that's another story for another LP.

God, EO4 Landsknecht was so good. :allears:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Now that's a proper dunking.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

theshim posted:

If you don't start jamming out to Reach Out for the Truth at some point I shall be very disappointed :colbert:

Well, obviously that's Insight Melody, no?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Supremezero posted:

... really.

Really?

Yes, and Wiping All Out is Barbaric March. What, not a fan of Persona battle themes?

Colette, Nadia, Sophie.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

(I will note that I am not responsible for events that will transpire soon, the idea was initially suggested by alcharagia in the EO megathread and fleshed out by a friend of mine)

My vice grip on the Alchemist market extends even to magical situations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Tyty posted:

So does that mean princesses aren't allowed to use Barbaric March grimoires? :v:

What is Arianna if not a cutie girlfriend?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Would you believe that I was like, an inch away from posting "and his name is Walker, Texas Ranger" in that discussion, because that's frankly prescient.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Rawkking posted:

Think I'm only going to click on the fafnir transformation music once per update. I know it always plays when the fafnir transforms, but I guess this update consisting of multiple FOE fights where every party member went all out so of course he'll transform made the music wear thin on me.

No more games...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I mean, it says right in the title we're the Fafnir, Knight.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

with one character having more than double any other character has. :v:

is it arianna

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
*blinks in a moe fashion* my!!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

moe.png

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Let's name it MOEbucks, in honor of our new girlfriend.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

How does Akashic Nova even work, anyway?

basically like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I did not find Arachne's burnable string until well after I finished the game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's a good thing samurai in this series have flaming blood.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

(Fun semi-unrelated fact: the initial draft for this update included the "boss fight" just being a solo Ursa beating the poo poo out of the Gentle Toad on Picnic but I scrapped that because the in-game text didn't give me enough room to justify that. All the strikethroughs in the world wouldn't have helped.)

I don't think you need justification for something like that, frankly.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So is actually preventing the dude from getting the treasure gonna be for another playthrough or something?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I can understand not liking Ranger, but what does this even mean?

It's a classic Junpei Non-JokeTM by juxtaposing the OP's username with Ragna the Bloodedge, protagonist of the BlazBlue series.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
For some reason I can't quite fully articulate I have a great fondness for the name Mbenga. MBENGA

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/TalkativeSilverHoneycreeper.webm

By not voting for Arianna, we have put off having to see the scene in which she spends an eternity blinking at Knight in a very strange manner

(guess who found a Mobiclip codec decoder and figured out how to make webms)

is this the part where i post the lovely youtube video i made

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I was kidding.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I love Lava Beasts. They're adorable. :3:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
phaphnir has a personality, yes. it's a vast improvement

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
any lp that allows me to increase my vice grip on the lagaardian alchemist market is a good one

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Asriel, Tyler, Freyja, Ursa, and Sophie.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Heavenly Keep in the original EO2 looked eye-searingly ugly, which basically necessitated a complete redesign. I wouldn't really call it nice to look at like Petal Bridge was, but I still really dig the design of EO2U Heavenly Keep--especially the stained glass (you can kind of see some at the top of the image there), which was nigh-unseeable in EO2.

In the Stickleback Bar, a mysterious alchemist twiddles a chess piece between his fingers. "But of course!" He chuckles knowingly to himself. "It's only right that my impeccable design sense be properly appreciated."

"Shut the gently caress up, Bellamy." says a Hexer eating next to him.

Bellamy stops, rears up for a scream, and lets out a whimpering "okay" before returning to staring at his chess piece dejectedly.

...uh, Phoebe, Ursa, Tyler, Colette, Nadia.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Looks like it's time to respec Ursa as a claw Beast! :v:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't believe Flavio is loving dead.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Golem's boss theme in this game is the Stratum boss music instead of Scatter About. What the gently caress is this poo poo? :argh:

scatter about is poo poo

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

In non-dumb thing news, I have recorded the Blizzard King fight, and should have it up by Tuesday evening. How much do you guys like 4 turn victories against postgame bosses? :getin:

This specific fucker deserves worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I hope you know that in a bar in High Lagaard Bellamy is crying on the inside because you didn't take him instead of Fedot. Caressing his chess piece.

• Locked thread