Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

For EO4 I've been keeping the screens at native resolution, since they're a bit bigger than DS screens already. It might be better to go that route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Are you ripping the character portraits yourself? Just kinda curious because I'm having an absolute hell of a time finding EO2/3 character art for making bar convo portraits.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Ricky is very good at damage yes, and Arthur does a fine job with evil eye suicide word (I made him into a hexer, due to the bug in the ailment formula where tec matters more than luc)

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I'm getting character portraits from the EOU/EO2U artbook. I crop pages to 100x100, then resize appropriately and manually take out any backgrounds. If you want, I'd be willing to make portraits for you (I also have the EO3 artbook on hand).

I'd love to dig around in EO2U's innards, but if it's anything like what I read EOU is like, all of the game's contents that aren't the executable or Home Menu stuff are stored in one giant compressed file that I'm reasonably certain uses some ungodly Atlus-made scheme.

Actually, I looked into it, and the thing I'm using to convert EO4's textures already has support for that compression format. I'm grabbing textures from EO2U right now.

They finally (unfortunately) changed the enemy data format from EO3's though

EDIT: Hm. It appears they changed the texture files too. They may just be encrypted.

Tyty fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 18, 2015

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Ragnar Homsar posted:

My assumptions about EOU were just based off what I read from some dude on the internet. Whoops.

Since it seems like you can't get data from EO2U, do you want me to just make some portraits from the artbooks I have? The EO3 one isn't scanned as well as the EOU/EO2U artbook, but it's usable. I can also give you my collection of EO2U portraits:

Honestly those portraits would work wonderfully, since I should just need party class ones. Thanks!

^^^A cursory google shows EOU has the same big clump files, and they're compressed with an unknown compression. PQ doesn't for some reason, using a different file format with a different compression.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

FOEbucks

Nice, simple, rolls right off the tongue.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Yes, and Wiping All Out is Barbaric March. What, not a fan of Persona battle themes?

So does that mean princesses aren't allowed to use Barbaric March grimoires? :v:

Enatre, Phoebe, Colette

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

I have no idea how you can update a Miiverse screenshot LP so fast. It must be a ton of work.

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you played EO2, you might notice that they're giving all the NPCs names this time. EOU didn't even do that.

Not even EO4 does it. The Count is just The Outland Count, and the Guildmaster is just, well, Guildmaster.

The Count's dog is named Margarita though.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Guild Guild will be the most guild to ever guild.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Yeah it was pretty much

"I'm sure you'll remember why you were in this thousand year old technologically advanced dungeon eventually"

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait, how old are you people? I can never tell with you anime types.

I'm pretty sure Arianna, along with Fafnir and Flavio, is supposed to be 16 like Ricky was (in Japan).

Atlus USA can get away with that line because the drinking age is >18 in most of North America. I'm fairly sure they'd say the characters are 18, again, like they did with Ricky.

Tyty fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 25, 2015

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Frigid Slash is normally really nice to have for dealing with the cubes, but ronin have so many skills they want it's hard to have it at a decent level unless you're building for flame demon.

I'll say Stardust, Phoebe, Milly, Ranger.

Is Compression not making Frigid Slash single target might have to do with it being ice/slash, or is it just that skill? I never had an alchemist to get Palm grimoires off so I never checked other skills myself.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Zack, Asriel, Rheine, Jackie

My party for Stratum 4 was L/Prot/R Prin/G and things were super smooth sailing.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Phoebe, Realga, Milly, Rheine

We don't need any big damage numbers in this party.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Zack, Phoebe, Asriel, Rheine, Jackie

The composition I beat the game with.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Rheine x5

Because princess is the best class.

Glazius posted:

Wow, that was still a pretty nice stomp of a boss fight. Melee alchemists are surprisingly viable.

This is about where they start falling off a little bit, but if you have a chaser party they're still ridiculous because by themselves they can enable a bunch of chases. Compression is just a really powerful buff for single targets, and it's what keeps the formula alchemists rolling.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Mandrakes are why I said you should bring tons of Blast Grenades with you to the 5th Stratum. Last Cry is basically guaranteed instant death if the Mandrake gets it off...but that's something that shouldn't happen, since you should have Blast Grenades. Don't be like me my first few times playing the game, and not bring Blast Grenades, meaning any encounter with a Mandrake was a race to kill it on the first turn.

Mandrakes were considerably worse in the original EO2, where Last Cry (called Shriek there) was only a 35% base chance, but didn't require a turn be spent charging it, and even worse, the Mandrake AI in that game gave them a 50% chance to use it when the player was blindsided.

You don't 100% need them if you have a class with a lot of slash or fire damage, and are quick about taking them down. Most of the damage classes can do that. It is still definitely helpful to have a few just incase multiple use it at the same time.

Unfortunately, uh, you don't have the luxury of damage right now. :v:

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Ranger, Jackie, Phoebe, Rheinex2

I'd say Princess is fairly important for this battle, since it's much better to have their full skillset than just the Clearance grimoire the game gives you.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Well I mean, Storm isn't that bad as far as the cores go. A strong AOE does plenty of damage and can take it out fairly quick (link order II or something like that). It's his status effects that are the problem.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Salamander

For burning me all the times he did.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Stardust, Jackie, Phoebe, Rheine

I was going to vote for a party with no elemental damage whatsoever but decided I want to see this group instead. I wanna see these rocks burn.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Ursa, Tyler, Colette, Jackie

Ditto this

The bear must fight the chicken it is law.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Y'know what, actually, I'm closing votes abnormally early.

Whoops, missed my chance I guess.

Junpei posted:

Oh, I forgot to ask: Does leveling up restore your HP and TP?

IIRC you gain the HP and TP that your max increased by. So like, usually a miniscule amount.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

2x Rheine, 2x Zack

Monarch March isn't the best solution but I find it helps with damage tiles quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Name: Teyla (テイラー)
Class: Reaper
Portrait: 4A
Skin Tone: 3rd, first row
Hair light: 146, 76, 60
Hair dark: 86, 50, 52
Eyes: Red
Voice: 21

Orphaned as a child, she and her brother grew up together on the streets of the Earthrun capital. While her brother trained to be a dragoon in the militia to support them, she learned the ways of miasma from reapers traveling through the city. Remembering strange dreams of being a princess sailing the waves, she aspires to climb Yggdrasil to claim a wish for her and her brother to have fortune to live on and to hopefully find a meaning behind those dreams. Bubbly, eccentric, and snarky, she comes up with weird plans and has a tendency to get into trouble. She has a bad habit of being a bit overly self-sacrificial, and sometimes gets caught up in weird fantasies.

Name: Jill (ジル)
Class: Cestus
Portrait: 2A
Skin Tone: 4th, first row
Hair light: 214, 42, 60
Hair dark: 132, 0, 42
Eyes: Green
Voice: 22

The daughter of a well-off family, from a young age she was trained in the way of the dragoon.... Though she hated the stuffiness of military school, and instead chose to wander the lands and improve on her martial arts. She dropped out and spent most of her teenage years meditating under waterfalls and punching trees. Capable of punching down an entire forest on her own, she looks to scale yggdrasil and find the treasure on top, having heard legends that the person who reaches the peak will become the world's strongest. She looks to complete her art with the world's strongest punch. Stubborn, cocky, and likes punching things. She has a knack for mechanical things.

Tyty fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 2, 2016

• Locked thread