Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Name: Ayuran
Class: Ronin, Portrait 3

A grumbly old man with a fairly bad back and slow movement, but when he gets into a stance and unsheathes his katana, he becomes a terrifyingly accurate and speedy bringer of death. The enemies will only fall when he re-sheathes his blade. Likes to meditate a lot, but sometimes falls asleep. He is an old man after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Alrighty, I'll make a Survivalist, since I really like the class in this game.

Name: Nadia, portrait 4

She hasn't had the best of luck with a bow and arrow, it's hard to, with only one eye. She doesn't like to talk about how she lost it, but it made her more determined to practise and improve. Though she does think everything is slightly to the left of where it actually is. That shouldn't matter for monsters the size of a house though.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I think it's good to have a lot of dialogue to begin with, we're being introduced to a lot of characters, including our FOURTEEN guild members. I think you introduced them very well, considering the millions of things you have to keep track of.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I like Force Breaks as one final push against a Boss or FOE, since once you use a Force Break, you also can't use the very useful Force Boosts multiple times during a fight.

Though if you go for a huge push and leave the enemy with a sliver of health, then it feels very anticlimactic. :v:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I think that might be my favorite thing I've ever made :allears:

I love the Force system so much, especially for the Story party, since they're fun to use and fun to quote. Aside from the Fafnir quote, there's a couple others.

: The ol' man's on FIRE!

: Get out of my way!

It's a shame you're not showing off Story mode, I really enjoyed it compared to EOU. The only bland character is Arianna, really, whereas Raquna was the only one I really liked.

: Danger... is... dangerous.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

I completely forgot about the Ravelope. I can't believe a series of damage tests I was doing ended up creating this thing.

Humanity does its best work when it should be doing something else.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ah, this is why you don't let the guy who can't get DLC complete the item list. Since all I have to go on with spears is the JP wiki, I had to kinda make names up. But I've been correcting them as the LP has gone on. So the Framea is unlocked with Spotted Carapace x2.

I also didn't notice that 1 Garnet unlocks three separate items. I don't think any other material does that.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Though there's not much of a need to, aside from the rare stuff to keep a good stock. There are some equipment that require multiple gathering items, but it's mainly a couple axes and some spears. I suppose it's always good for money, but that shouldn't matter for a long rear end time.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Haha, Ranger's great. His music's great, his powers are great and his character in Story is great. :allears:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I never got tired of the song. Or at least, I don't think I did...

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Make it ...Matt? so it seems like no one really bothered to learn your name.

It's a shame you can't really do videos of this, since transcribing's gonna be a bitch no matter what.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

SSLPs are some really hard poo poo and you should never do them, but when you post an update and it all comes together it's like the best thing and I never want to stop.

Also doing like small things that hardly anyone notices and it took you like 8 hours to do, but you know it's there and that's all you care about.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Would it be worth to just set the 3DS down to keep it still so you can record the top screen when it's still? Since you already have the map drawn, you don't really need the bottom screen for anything.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Victory Vow is great before you get consistent TP restoration and hey, if Arianna ain't doing anything, might as well.

The Story party takes a little while to get going, but as we can hint at from this fight, once they get going, they get going.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Haha, yeah, I'm loving Ranger.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Look, I can understand why you don't like Ranger. I will admit the hat thing was a little shaky, but it was a friend's idea and I liked it enough that I wanted to put it in even if Ranger wasn't in the party. But please, don't just make non-sequitur "jokes" for the sake of them.

He needs different hats, maybe a monocle. And it makes sense that he just wanders around the forest when he's not in the party, since that's how we found him anyway.

Junpei posted:

It's good. I will admit that Demon Ranger is badass (and, in my head, Yuuki Terumi levels of hammy). It's just...
Random does not equal funny.

It is all subjective, though. I have yet to read an EO LP that I didn't find entertaining, but I do greatly enjoy this series, so I'm obviously biased, so eh.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

They're the same for the remake too, so quick check and B18F is Nature's Boundless Horizon

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yep, did a quick check and every name is the same for the remakes, with two exceptions. B23F is Ghost town of granted dreams and B25F is The moment of epiphany. So yeah, virtually no changes.

But we also have Gladsheim, which have their own ones. Area 1 is Ruin of the world's hope. A2 is Wisdom thousand years dormant. A3 is Toward the world's salvation. A4 is Path of heaven's flames. A5 is Where the gentle dream ends. Ah, poetry.

But anyway, I realize I didn't vote. It's always good to shake things up and use people that haven't been used in a while, so Ursa, Nadia, Asriel and Realga

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

All Untold 4 needs to have is the ability to run. That's all I care about.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ah, that is a tough choice, unlike the EOU party, but I'll go with Flavio, it's way too much fun to mess with him.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

While it's a shame Nadia hasn't been voted in more, if she's not an amazing character, it's like whatever, she'll see more use later on. Hopefully. But seeing everyone's EO LPs makes me really believe that a non-narrative would be pretty dry and uninteresting, at least for someone who's played all the games. I really do like the characters and it's a lot of fun reading the updates, though to begin with I had some trouble remembering all of them, cause drat there's a lot of classes in this game :v: Fetus and Ragnar, you're doing great work!

Anyway, it's hard to choose, cause I love everyone, except maybe not Arianna, but she's not boring like Simon, or uggggggggh like Arthur, so we'll go Trand, cause Chloe can become a little bit one note if you focus on her too much.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hmm, who haven't we seen for a while?

Zack, Tyler, Phoebe, Sophie, Colette

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

So long as everyone gets a go in the new stratum, I'm happy with free votes for all

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm glad I was able to help in all those different ways. The item unlock list was convenient timing, since I was unhappy with the general lack of info the 3DS games had. At least we shouldn't have any problems with any other EO LPs in future. It's really nice to contribute to a series that I love so much.

And thanks for doing the LP. Even though I played through EO2U to completion shortly before the LP, it was great fun to read to see what I had missed, strategies I didn't think of and to see all the delicious info we didn't really have before the LP. I will say I'm impressed you did this in only seven months. SSLPs are a lot of work and to make so many updates with a narrative between so many characters and keeping track of voting and showing off cool things and having so much raw info is seriously amazing and I couldn't really say how this LP could've be better. Congrats on making it to the (story) end!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Tyler, Tyler, Phoebe, Milly

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 21, 2016

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I feel like this would be an appropriate moment for that "The forest can't handle me right now" image of Ravelope, but I've long since lost track of it.

I gotcha fam.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://gfycat.com/EagerUglyGoa.webm

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

So are you guys just going to do a cursory glance over all the DLC and not properly show it off? I don't blame you since most of it is garbage, or is Fetus just doing a quick Story bit with any DLC Ragnar will cover?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKIeamPi2Y

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, the EO2U DLC is... not fun but most of the EO5 DLC is just cosmetic stuff, right? I don't even know why I bothered finishing all the DLC, it was just such a slog.

But very much looking forward to the EO5 LP, it'll be a nice stopgap before I can get my hands on a US copy months before the EU release.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ugh, seeing these last few updates are giving me nasty flashbacks to when I was trying to count and unlock everything in this game. IT WAS HELL.

I'm so glad the EO games have been cracked and I'll never have to do something like that again.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ahh, 31F. I got to the really large room before clocking on to what was going on. I dropped down to Picnic, stocked the gently caress up and had a right old time.

I like playing games on the hardest difficulty, but I can only be pushed so far before I just go gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

A good LP, a good game and a good narrative.

On to the new LP, bitches!

• Locked thread