Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Gotta go with Wagner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Another Shaman, I guess?

Name: Paige
Class: Shaman
Portrait: A4, with pale eyes -- think "blind seer"
Voice: Old-Fashioned

Sure, Paige has the Sight--or clairvoyance, or ESP, or future vision, or whatever else you want to call it. Especially acute Sight, no less--which is sort of the problem. Cosmic-class prophecies are so deeply alien to the daily life of a Brownie in a quiet Plains town as to be irrelevant--who cares whether "the moon will be as blood, and the seas as ash, come the day of the King in Yellow, blessed be his name"? Paige wanted to win bets and avoid getting hit by carts, not to foresee the end of civilization in a parallel reality or to witness the birth of a curséd star whose hideous name was Wormwood. Like, if it's not going to turn the seas into blood this century, we probably don't need to stockpile water, you know?

By means of a variety of material foci--Zener cards, tarot cards, talismans, the occasional blank piece of card stock just to keep the Gods guessing--Paige has managed to significantly narrow down the range of her Sight, albeit just to "continent-sized" instead of "all time and space." She came to Aeolis to make her fortune on minor foretelling (Brownies don't need all that much in the way of prophecy) whilst refining her card-based fortune-telling to a science, only to discover something curious: her visions had stopped concerning themselves with anything but events inside Yggdrasil. Convinced that the Labyrinth was the key to her divine science--and somewhat concerned that the end of the world might've suddenly become way too local for comfort--Paige managed to convince a local explorers' guild to hire her on, ostensibly as a "geomancer" for avoiding spiritual troubles, but mostly as a good-luck charm... as a person, Paige likes gambling (especially on cards), seeming more mysterious than she is, and big dinners.

EDIT: And since there's a dearth of them...

Name: Sette
Class: Fencer
Portrait: B4, with hair the same white as her torso and eyes the same red as her... skirt thing
Voice: Soldier

Everyone has heard tell of the legendary Knight of the Arc--the vigilante, tied to no country, but as impermanent as the wind, a dashing and romantic figure, who dispatched a thousand armed soldiers in a single night...

Well, everyone except the Knight herself, who kind of remembers all those guys being drunk and having to "fend off" -- i.e. make threatening motions at with a small saber -- a few morons who mistook her for an enemy combatant. The next morning, someone was found dead by unrelated means, and the blame was laid on her head, but Sette was always fairly good at not getting caught. Her evasion of said guards likewise grew in the retelling, partially due to guards who didn't want to admit they'd been outrun and outwitted by some rando fencer. Two weeks of the rumor mill grinding later, Sette was a folk heroine called Lancetta, the D'Arc Knight, a master of four-sword style who had stolen and refined to perfection the esoteric techniques of the mystic East (although opinion was divided as to whether she also fought by strapping guns to her feet and performing high-impact gun-based martial arts).

Sette is kind of understandably wigged out by this, but over time, she's grown into the "folk heroine" role; in fact, she claims it's improved her handling of the sword to know mythographers are industriously writing papers about her, not to mention that her old weapons will probably sell for a mint once she's old and gray. As for the Labyrinth... well, is unbelievable fame and fortune in battle against unrelenting monsters something any self-respecting heroine could stay away from? No, and that means Sette's going to have to go too.

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 11, 2016

• Locked thread