Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Exit Strategy posted:

Generally, they stand for world domination.

And deadly gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

... And really 60's interior decor

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Thanks for another awesome LP, Scruffy! Looking forward to the sequel and to Arkham Knight.

HARM stands for building crazy elaborate bases and enacting even crazier plans for world chaos and domination. Eventually all its members will serve time- in Hell!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

achtungnight posted:

HARM stands for building crazy elaborate bases and enacting even crazier plans for world chaos and domination. Eventually all its members will serve time- in Hell!
You have no loving idea.
I played the second game about five times and I still don't understand what their master plan was. You'll see.
Shame that thing with Praise Be HARM day didn't work out, though.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What I really liked about that last update is that the baroness only takes two shots take out. She's just a rich bitch with a chip on her shoulder.
They could've easily made her into a bullet sponge like all the other bosses or the elite guards; but no, she's just a normal woman. Who happens to explode a bit later.

Thanks for letting me experience this game, Scruffy. See you next mission!

...IN HELL!!!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Seconding and thirding all the sentiments about this awesome LP. GG, Scruff.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
An excellent LP of an Excellent game. I'm looking forward to NOLF 2 and Arkham Knight.

...In Hell!!!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think my favorite part of the big reveal at the end may be that Smithy was just hiding the drat HARM puppet in his home the whole time.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I think my favorite part of the big reveal at the end may be that Smithy was just hiding the drat HARM puppet in his home the whole time.
I like to think he had it just lying on his dinner table next to the camera set up in plain sight. Unity agents are NOT very perceptive.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I for one am glad the IN HELL thing didn't seem to get old. It just sort of popped into my head at one point and I couldn't stop :v:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It popped into your head ... IN HELL

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

dscruffy1 posted:

I for one am glad the IN HELL thing didn't seem to get old. It just sort of popped into my head at one point and I couldn't stop :v:

It almost did at one point, but then you backed off and let it rest for a while, and then resumed it at a more measured pace. I'm calling that good comedic instincts.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.

dscruffy1 posted:

For the NOLF 2 LP, I suggest coming up with pithy Bond one-liners to say.

*shoots guy with speargun*

"He got the point."

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Felinoid posted:

It almost did at one point, but then you backed off and let it rest for a while, and then resumed it at a more measured pace. I'm calling that good comedic instincts.

From pitchforks!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
What always amazed me about NOLF, dodgy bossfights aside, is just how much of it there is. Go and count the levels on the front page. Sure, many of them are short and snappy, but the sheer amount of original content and level design that must have gone into this game is astounding. It was a marketing tool for the Lithtech engine, and by God did Monolith squeeze everything they possibly could into the game. How they secured the publisher forebearance to get away with this is sadly unknown.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

double nine posted:

... And really 60's interior decor

Can't really help that, it was indicative of the times. Same reason Cate was rocking safety-cone orange for most of the adventure. So every HARM operative she iced in the story will be seeing lots more of it.

IN HELL!!

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

No Gravitas posted:

From pitchforks!

...Because he'll be in Hell, you see.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Thanks for the LP, I loved every second of it. I played the game when it first came out and must have replayed it at least three times since then. I'm biased and nostalgic, but I consider it one of the best games of the past 20 years. I've been dreaming of a competent series reboot for years :(

One thing I was never clear on: where are the corporate offices in "Safecracker" located? England, right? But why does the player constantly encounter warning signs in German? (my favorite: the sign informing you that you're crossing into the Soviet sector... in the German alps).

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
It was the year 2000, man. Texture memory was limited in those dark times.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I had an Elsa Geforce 256 with 32 glorious megabytes of memory, that should have been good enough for a correct warning sign :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
I happened onto this LP a week ago and have just finished bingewatching it. Let's just say that I'm looking forward to the second instalment with anticipation.

And let me assure you that, no, it didn't get old.

• Locked thread