Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I just started playing this. In as Wikiwikiwa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DontMindMe posted:

Don't forget to check-in at guild

I haven't unlocked it yet, I'll try to when I do.

This game has a lot going on in it, its kind of confusing.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Apologies for the double post.

I've run into a bit of a brick wall. I'm trying to unlock Carrot but the hard mode of her level is pretty dang tough. My guys are level 23, 1 star, with 1 star equipment. Is it worth it using gold to enhance lovely 1 star normal weapons and armour? I havent modified or leveled anyone's skills yet.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ah, so they dont lose skill investments when I reborn them? Good to know. Thanks for the advice.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can't seem to find the guild "Lowtaxtics" if that's the one everyone is in. Is it full? If so I'll have to look around then. Also thanks for the previous advice, enhancing and refining my poo poo tier weapons and rebirthing my characters definitely made things easier. Managed to recruit Carrot! Right now my party is Chris, Kai, Sraka and Carrot.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Whats the best thing(s) to buy with chocolate for a new player?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I suppose there gets to be a point in the game where you really need a healer in your party? I swapped out Sraka for Mas, so I'm rocking Chris, Kai, Carrot, Deborah and Mas. Seems like it could get the job done.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I read the write-up in the OP about weapons/armour, but is there a good rule of thumb about what kinds of equipment to generally use for defensive, attack, balanced, etc.. characters? My shootymans seem to have higher crit than others so I gave em bows. Do balanced characters benefit more from counter than hit? Info like that wouls be appreciated.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I wish there was a nice character tier sheet without just a small handful geared towards PvP. I suppose I could just level them all passively and try them out and I dunno, have fun or some poo poo.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Are werewolf bro and frankenstein going to be any good? I've swapped out Deb for the new girl and she seems pretty all right.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got two of my work buddies to start playing this. Today before the shift instead of talking about basketball or something they asked me which of the Nobeless characters to unlock first/prioritize on. :)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Too many characters! Rocking wolfman, sonic, Mu, mas and Rak. Also have Jack. Almost unlocked Serendi. Ohhh i'll never get anyone to 4 star if i keep switching people!

E: Unlocked Serendi. Is her aoe HoT good enough to replace Mas as a healer?

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 6, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Honestly if you're only 3 stars at this point, or earlier, I would absolutely grab Raskreia, Frankenstein, and Muzaka, then start grabbing their appropriate coocoos out of the store and force leveling them straight up to 4*, possibly even blowing devil's souls on them, too. You can pretty easily get them to 4* as long as you can get the rebirth golems, which they will help you do, at which point they can get you the resources to upgrade your other characters. The fact that you have level 200+ coocoos available on demand for only 25R a pop, plus three devil's souls, means you can pretty easily use them to bootstrap yourself up to mid-high 4*, and let me tell you, once you're there, getting OTHER characters there is a lead pipe cinch.

Also, Serendi is better than Mas in pretty much every way. If you're not going to hold out for Gillan, Serendi is perfect. If you are, Serendi is still loving amazing.

Also worth noting is that unless you are stuck unable to do high level Muzaka stages, don't bother grinding Muzaka 1. You can get exactly the same energy to R ratio out of literally any non-boss story stage, and since everything is either double gold or double XP right now, you'll almost certainly be getting better rewards.

This is good advice, thank you. I did grab all 3 new characters and am currently grinding R's to max out Raskreia's skills. I am doing Muzaka's 1 over and over though, as I can't auto through lvl 2. I guess the smart play is to do other stuff, level up and grind higher level Muzaka missions later? I don't know when his island will show up again and I don't want his skills to fall behind. My question was about a balanced party though, I think maybe I went too squishy with Muzaka/Raskreia/Serendi/Sonic/Mu. drat Mu is going to take forever to level her skills up. I really like Sonicboom's range, but would replacing him with Jack be a good idea?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yep, all my dudes have bows/armour. Maybe I should swap Mu back out for Jenny or Deb? Mu has that guaranteed stun and an AoE heal that's really nice though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Wow, 1-2 rounds? You must be really good! I take more like 6 rounds for any map that isn't beginner/low level daily stuff.

Muz's 2nd level is rank orange Hard for my party.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

It will help a lot if you can import a 5 star Jack merc. If you don't have friended, hit me up, I'm NinjaDebuggr, and I have 4 friend slots open at the moment.

You only need to SS the stage once, after that your minimum rank is SS, and Muz's stages seem to only rarely give more than the first slot with genes anyway. The secret to basically every boss with stupidly large HP numbers is Jack. Jack, Jack, Jack. Use your Jack, use a merc Jack, and eat percentages of their HP at a go.

Thanks, sent a friend request from Wikiwikiwa.

e: I'm dumb and didn't notice you only had to kill him. Wow. Yeah with a decent merc (NinjaDebugger) I beat him in 2 rounds. Thanks!

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 7, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
When's the server going to learn about daylight savings time and quit asking me to change my timezone to match the servers?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've managed to max lvl my expeditions and raised my friends list to 50/50. If I manage to get 600 red gems before the month is over, should I buy one of the event characters outfits? Are they worth it? I haven't spent my red gems on anything else so far.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Your next target should be lord masteries, I think. None of the costumes are super essential unless you're aiming to be one of the top PVPers, in which case you're likely spending money anyway.

Wait, you can just spend 50 red gems for a mastery point?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can also join the goon guild and be active.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Game came back, feel free to apply, post your handle so I know who to approve

Left my guild, I can apply in 24 hours as Wikiwikiwa.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The 24 hours is finally over but the guild is full again :(

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Sonic Boom is kind of garbage, sadly, even post-buff. He's a gigantic glass cannon, at best, and he's kind of iffy on the cannon part.

I'm honestly not sure if you'll be able to reasonably beat TOD 60 with that team. You really need more offense. I'd spend your energy trying to get more characters to 5* (by doing double XP boss levels under the current event)

The easiest way I found to get past that particular stage was to circumvent his damage-per-attack limit through massive doses of DOT and damage auras (Muzaka and Elektra, both of whom also have dots), assuming I'm thinking of the right guy. The Lance-like who pulls people to him and can't take more than ~38k/attack.

See I thought SonicBoom was one of the damage dealers. I've just unlocked Bearman. What would be damage dealers to focus on? My current 5 stars are Jack, SonicBoom, Raskreia, Muzaka, Serendi, Mu, Chris, Deborah. I mostly cycle through those. I chose Rage for my blue gene bonus, almost got him 5*, but all his skills are lvl 1. I have nothing special for gear.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My friend just told me his account got deleted due to the update. Anyone else have any issues? I'm afraid to log in.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Somefool posted:

No? It's also a bit vague on how that happened because this game offers multiple methods of logging in.

Talking to him further it looks like somehow he's lost access to that account on his phone. His account is still on my friends list. He submitted a support ticket so we'll see what happens.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to completing the normal Tower of Dawn. Got the S rank, 4* Dragonslayer set. Any good? I don't know too much about sets and such.

Also dang, I was hoping the blue genes would have given me more for Rage. I wasn't even able to max his 3 with the points I got. Use next months blue genes for him or just use perfect genes to max him?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
He and Serendi seem to make a good duo.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got one on my Bearman, first try doing an 8x on that particular bonus bar. That's what we should be spending blue gems on, grinding immunities?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My team is 4 rocks and 1 paper.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So when do you guys use these tank characters that aren't Jack? Like I can see using other dps characters during coocoo dungeons because of their paper/rock/scissors element, but tanks that aren't Jack confuse me.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

Just did, I usually forget because the rewards are pretty meh.

Some of us really enjoy that potential 50 energy. :)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Somefool posted:

:frogsiren:

This is for everyone who don't have Lena, you should definitely focus on finishing DB for the next 7 days.

For those having issues against strong teams, you can always use the Hellfire trick. Go into DB with ONE weak hero and use Hellfire. Let the enemy team kill your single as soon as possible. The game will keep the damage dealt by Hellfire. Repeat until their team is dead.

This is time consuming and usually not worth it, but it is with this event.

Does the hellfire meter reset when you die this way or do I have to go regenerate it on another map?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Somefool posted:

You have to regenerate it and this is where it becomes time consuming. Since it takes 5 Hellfires to kill off an entire team, assuming there isn't a healer on the other team, you need to figure out which map can fill up your entire gauge in 1 run.

Although this does give you an excuse to farm genes for every hero. :v:

I already spend most of my time in game farming genes for every hero.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Helical Nightmares posted:

Game is loving nuts

Boy am I glad I bought an extra Noblesse weapon during that event :smaug:

I extracted mine. :(

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is that bad? I have the armour.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
How do you combine sets pieces for the +11 whatever?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Save perfect genes for later VERY hard to grind for heroes.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This is a good post, thank you. I'm struggling on the 5th mirror floor on normal in the ToD. So many stuns and those Alex's hit like trucks.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've found Rask to dramatically decrease in usefulness the closer I get towards end game. Right now I generally run Jack, Muzaka, Mu, Serendi and Rage, with Unknown, Raziel, Dominique, Bearman and Raboff all 5 star and slowly having their skills maxed. Brute forcing things no longer works sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Why wouldn't they just call it a bonus gift? That is so weird. DeNA is always screwing up in Final Fantasy Record Keeper and giving us free poo poo. Nexon is taking it away? Wow.

e: thanks for the write up Ninja. You, somefool and others are a great help.

• Locked thread