Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

Pvt. Parts posted:

I use Deliveries Package Tracker which does all the things you are looking for AFAIK. I'm a paid subscriber so I can have it connected to my Amazon account and automatically pull orders.

AfterShip is another option, more minimal and much less customization but works well all the same.

TODO.txt has an Android version but I'd personally use Google Keep for something like that.

I use that app but have to add stuff manually. You're saying there's a way to have Amazon orders automatically show up there without doing anything? I have the paid version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Thanks!

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

hooah posted:

Whoever told me that the stock Messaging app has a quick reply popup must have misunderstood me, since it doesn't seem to have that. Back to Textra.

Yes it does.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Deliveries Package Tracker

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I bought one of those Philips alarm clocks with an LED light that mimics the sunrise and uses birds chirping to wake me up. Better than any app. Just wish it synced with my phone so I could set alarms that way, but you can't have everything.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Anyone else experience Messenger RANDOMLY TYPE ALL CAPS when typing messages in the quick reply box? Mine does this frequently and it's aggravating.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

hooah posted:

I haven't. Have you tried a different keyboard?

No, just using the stock one.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Yeah it's Spotify. I'll check. And I saw that I can root but honestly I'm really not into that poo poo anymore.

Again thanks for all your support guys.

Spotify has an offline mode.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

Rusty! posted:

Only available in the US

I'm Canadian and see Podcasts in Play Music.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
My phone is causing my headphones to act strangely. The audio in the right ear will slowly fade out after listening to podcasts for 3-4 hours. Eventually the audio comes back to both ears, but with the volume very low in both ears despite the volume being cranked to the max. This is system wide and affects all sound, so it happens with PocketCasts, Spotify, etc. It happens with other headphones, too. After unplugging the headphones for a half hour or so, the volume will return to normal. I recently replaced the headphone jack and it still happens. I'm running the OTA version of 6.0.1 on a Nexus 5.

Anyone ever heard of or experienced this before? It's really starting to piss me off.

wolfbiker fucked around with this message at 11:43 on May 31, 2016

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

Montalvo posted:

I tried out a whole bunch of shopping list apps but Google Keep is definitely the simplest and the best. If you create a note called 'Shopping list' on it, you can add shopping items with a voice command: "OK Google; add milk to shopping list." It's delightful.

My wife and I do this. I just shared the grocery list with her so it syncs to both of us.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Just realized I haven't had a survey pop up in MONTHS.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
You can set different sounds for different email accounts and different contacts. You don't need an app to do it; it's a setting in the apps, like Gmail, Messenger, Hangouts, Allo, etc.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Any recommendations for an app to control Philips Hue bulbs?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

Qylvaran posted:

As a former subscriber who cancelled sometime around September, subscribing from the menu in the Play Music app gave me the four months free offer.

I'm also a former subscriber who got the four-month offer.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

calandryll posted:

Has anyone had issues with Pocket Casts becoming all static when playing speeds above 1x? I listen to a few podcasts at 1.5 times and the most recent update gives me nothing but static. I remember I ran into it once before about a year ago but can't remember how to fix it. I thought uninstalling and reinstalling would fix it but apparently not.

Nope. Never. I listen to my podcasts at various speeds of 1x up to 2.5x and never experienced that.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Did Spotify ever add the "feature" to reorder your playlist after adding songs to it? I remember that being one thing that frustrated me before switching to GPM.

Edit: Nope, you still can't reorder songs in a playlist on Android. They know about the lack of this feature but it's not in the pipeline.

wolfbiker fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Sep 26, 2017

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

Is there a got to Philips Hue app? I tried using the official one but it won't let me create scenes that involve multiple rooms. Paid is fine but scenes with multiple rooms and Amazon Echo integration are a must.

Hue Pro

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

Blue Train posted:

I know a lot of you use nova launcher, so do I and I recently downloaded this app as an extension for it and it is really good. It is called sesame, the link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ninja.sesame.app.edge&hl=en_US

It provides a universal search interface for your phone which encompasses your contacts, apps, shortcuts for various apps such as settings, spotify, slack, and telegram. It is able to replace the bottom google search bar in the dock, like so:

When you tap on it, it brings up the search interface:

In that image, you can see a list of recently used apps at the top and recent searches/shortcuts in the list below. Towards the bottom, you can see various playlists from spotify; you can tap them in this list and they will open in spotify, allowing you to play them. Similarly, you can see the bluetooth settings shortcut, tapping it will bring you to the bluetooth portion of settings. Typing in the box at the top will display apps, contacts, and shortcuts containing the string:

Typing "a" bring up the apps that start with a, contact names that start with a who you can then call message or email, shortcuts for the various apps, etc. You can also use it to search apps:

Typing in calendar, it will bring up the calendar app. Further down, you can see the icons for google search, the play store, maps, spotify, and chrome. Tapping any of those icons will search for it in the given app, so you could search for whatever app you like and tap the play store to search for it there, you could type in an artist name and search spotify for it, an address and search maps for it, etc. As you use things more frequently, they should populate the list when you first open it.

It is a neat concept and it may be useful to some of you. It is free to use for 14 days, after that period you can continue to use it, but if you use app shortcuts it will pop up a little screen asking you to buy it that you must click through. If you want to skip that, it costs 2.99.

who is amber?! :captainpop:

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
first, don't use Facebook for storing and organizing your photos. alternatively, don't use facebook period. other than that i have no suggestions.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

Are there any decent or recommended apps for rating/cataloging movies and tv shows you've watched? I really like using the website Criticker.com, and was hoping there was an app equivalent.

Letterboxd

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
What about Plex

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I use Plex in that way.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I have Nord VPN and it doesn't seem to work with Netflix so I wouldn't use that one.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
YES. Mine too the past two days. Used 10% of the battery in an hour.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
why don't you just download stuff in plex on the kids tablets for offline viewing?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
why does google assistant suggest i download Spotify when i ask it to play a song? i am a google play music subscriber, so it's weird that i would have to specify that it use its own music service rather than a third-party one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

couldcareless posted:

Go in the google home app and make sure google play music is the default music service, should be be under Settings > Services

thanks!