Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Angepain posted:

I disagree, the more nonsensical this ends up being the better.

Exactly, let Adams win for 150 years. Adams corpse for pres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Although I kind of get it the idea of giving the VP to the runner up is so ridiculous I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

foobardog posted:

I am from North Carolina originally, so there are three Presidents born there, arguably. Jackson is arguable, because he was born near the border, and claimed to be from the South Carolina side, but legend has it was the North Carolina side. The other two are Polk and Andrew Johnson. So yes, my state is responsible for some of the worst presidents. Of course, every last one of these bastards hosed off to Tennessee for their political careers, but still...

Hey don't spoil elections that haven't happened yet :mad:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It doesn't matter who you elect on slavery because that shits gonna ride around for another half a century anyway. The momentum from the south is just too powerful.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

My daddy was a federalist and Ill die a federalist too!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Proposition Joe posted:

The Federalist party has consistently nominated Massachusetts born patriots, hopefully the Federalist party will last forever.

The future definitely looks bright for them I mean they lasted for over a decade.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Im a hippie pacifist and also wanna abolish slavery so Clinton it is!

Edit: I also wanna thank QuoProQuid for keeping up with this, I'm sure it's a daunting task so I wanna say I totally appreciate it!

RagnarokAngel has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Dec 29, 2015

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Holding my nose for King/Ross. What a lovely election year.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Corek posted:

What I think is unusual is that there is no 100% pro-slavery candidate here, certainly at least not on the level Andrew Jackson would soon be.

I can't wait till we get past the civil war I feel too many decisions are based on how the person feels about slaves because...yeah.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I'm trying to not use historical knowledge to decide against Andrew Jackson because that seems against the spirit of the thread.

That said, JQA for life.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Second verse, same as the first. JQA motherfucker.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Wirt it is. Tired of those drat freemasons.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Holy crap what horseshit are these candidates.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Neutron Bandit posted:

How can Birney Sanders possibly lose? It's our Christian duty to end the misery of the enslaved.

And send them packing because they can't be integrated.

I mean I voted for Birn but oh man.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I still feel the Birn, it lights a fire in my heart.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Corek posted:

Also being a "dark cabal" doesn't jive with our opinion on Freemasons.

It's merely to distract the masses who think they've killed us off.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Voting for the dead guy, op.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I'm pretty sure outside some ironic votes it's gonna be 100% for one guy.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

So it's finally come to this.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

#3 Padre, you've done so much you deserve a break, even if the circumstances are less than ideal.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Haha Seymour you piece of poo poo *pulls for Grant*

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

People poo poo on Grant a lot but he was probably the last president until...FDR? who gave even half a poo poo about black people (even if he was just doing it for votes).

I really think he just looks so bad because he follows Abraham "motherfucking" Lincoln and especially in the context of his time he was a pretty solid dude.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Platystemon posted:

It’s amazing how little time it took for Lincoln to go from “eh, we’re considering voting for the rebel party in the middle of a civil war” to “undisputed top three presidents of all time”. Of the surveys included in Wikipedia’s table, FDR is the other president with that honor. There were five months between the election and the assassination—seven if you consider the election a foregone conclusion after the victory in Atlanta.

I admit I personally think Lincoln's legacy was overblown and without a civil war and an assassination he might have been seen as a milquetoast president, though of course that brings up a lot of questions about whether a man is defined by the actions he takes or the time and place he was in.

I legit think FDR is the best president we have had though and will vote for him for 5, no, 6! terms

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Nebakenezzer posted:

Is this historical hipsterism?

Sure, Lincoln was great

Some of us know this guy named Polk, you wouldn't have heard of him :smugdog:

Not exactly, more that I think he's defined by the events that surrounded him and were circumstances different he might not have been so popular. He wanted to keep the status quo, if possible, but circumstances forced him into greatness.

There's not really anything wrong with that, a lot of great men are defined by their reactions to the challenges put before them.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Nebakenezzer posted:

Votin' fer the Greenbacks, metal money worst money

Also poo poo, this election was supposed to be called last Sunday?

Ops had a lot on his plate, have faith.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

As a Massachusetts lady my loyalty will not falter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

metalloid posted:

Prohibition it is. This is a terrible election.

SA decides, every election is the worst election.

• Locked thread