Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
All the way with JQA - sorry if someone posted that already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
The opposition is so, so much worse. Holding my nose and voting for that drat moderate Hillary. I mean, Lincoln.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

Man I'd really like to try that game, but when I hit the button to begin nothing happens. IDK if its a problem with my browser or what.

e: It was a problem with my VPN.
Could you please elaborate? I'm having the same problem as you did, but I only have Gerald Ford's IQ.

Oh, and put me down for (3) take as much time as needed. I want McClelland's defeat to be slow, long, drawn-out and painful. (....we're not going to ironically vote him in, are we?)

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
The South participated in a free and fair election, lost, and wouldn't abide by the result. Textbook treason. If you don't think Lincoln deserves his status, picture his predecessor or successor on the job. Or that vacillating snake Douglas.

I go by the endorsements of a different Douglass:

"I know the man. I like a man in the Presidential chair . . . such as the poor people of my own race, as well as the poor people of every other race, can approach, and approach easily."

...in fact, this Fred Douglass fellow would make a fine President himself. What better way to end the quarrel, than to nominate a son of Dixie to the Presidency?

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Oh poo poo time to brief Truman about that thing we’ve been working on.
Maybe Stalin can do it at the next summit.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Had it with you Greeley-bots. The South has refused the arbitration of the ballot box, and the verdict of the field of war. A complete, top-to-bottom reconstruction of their anti-democratic society is crucial. Americans allowed Grant to win the war - can we allow him to lose the peace? If we fail, this country will remain split for over a century. If we let Grant succeed, we might even one day have a black President.

EDIT - We certainly won't have a crushing economic depression next year that in a better world would cause us to question our whole way of life, why would you assume that?

By the way, I have conceived the idea of a race of mechanical men which will replace the need for labor and usher in a golden age. I will call these devices "robots," from the Slavic word "to work." One day, mankind will be transformed by these faithful companions, and men who refuse to think for themselves will be given the name "bots" as a hurtful term of abuse. It has been foreseen

Jai Guru Dave has issued a correction as of 16:41 on Apr 18, 2016

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Andorra posted:

None of the other candidates care about reconstruction, so I'm voting for Hayes who in the past has supported the rights of blacks. May this be yet another fair election in our wonderful Goon States of America.
Hear hear. "Bloody shirt" be damned. Ten short years ago the Democratic Party was indulging an orgy of destruction against the principles that founded our great nation. Christian doctrine instructs us to forgive, but how should we forgive when the sinners have not asked forgiveness? Without a strong federal commitment to the complete reconstruction of the decadent and savage plantation oligarchy, America will be forced to fight and re-fight the late civil war for decades, in every town, in every county. Only Rutherford B. Hayes, the great Union general, is capable of carrying on the great work of Ulysses S. Grant. Reconstruction until the job is done! This nation's centennial will bring a new beginning where ALL men are created equal! Hayes in '76!

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Neal Dow is the clear civil rights choice. Former Underground Railroad conductor is pretty bad-rear end.

And come on, this nation will never actually ban alcohol. It would jump-start a black market the likes of which hasn't been seen since Blackbeard.

I am still incensed at how my Grand Old Party gave in to a Corrupt Bargain, and I won't forgive Garfield his opposition to the Ku Klux Klan Act. Garfield may be unlikely to offend anyone, but this nation still must root out the legacy of slavery. Dow for President.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Maybe if the fine women of New Orleans were not satisfied with how General Butler treated them, we should have sent them General Sherman. Butler for President!

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I congratulate the electorate on not giving in to self-serving Confederate propaganda and electing President Butler. Such a great statesman deserved a second term to loot the rest of the South - er, I mean - no, I guess that is what I mean.

As a diehard Republican who can't see into the future, I will assume that Benjamin Harrison will kick-start the do-nothing government that has metastasized under President - Cleveland, you say?

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I/we are probably being unfair in expecting these guys to exercise the power of an Imperial Presidency. On the other hand, a lot of these guys IRL had no trouble sending out the military to break up strikes, so it's not like they considered themselves helpless pawns.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Corek posted:

I assume grover cleveland has declared himself president-for-life in the absence of regular elections.

Oh come on, who ever heard of Cleveland winning anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Cannot believe I'm voting for a god-damned Democrat.

• Locked thread