Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
this is an excellent thread idea and I can't wait for 1860!

And I'll be voting for every Adams I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
drat John Jay! drat everyone who won’t drat John Jay!! drat everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning John Jay!!!

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Lemming posted:

Isn't it going to take 10 minutes before we all start killing each other if Washington isn't our king president?

The Whiskey Rebellion probably would go down either way.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
George Clinton! Let's conquer Canada and make Congress into a Parliament Funkadelic.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Remember that electors cannot cast their votes for two candidates from the same state, so Iredell/Johnston, Washington/Jefferson, Adams/Adams, and Burr/Jay/Clinton are all out if you're playing as a strict constructionist.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
I'm surprised the Founders didn't go whole hog with their Roman Republic love and have two presidents with authority alternating between every day.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Voting straight federalist/whig for those sweet, sweet internal improvements.

Let's build some fuckin CANALS

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
I've been dreading this vote because I really, deeply love JQA and loving loathe Calhoun with every bone of my body.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Voting Clay/Sergeant mostly for Sergeant, who I'd never heard of before. Clay is a bastard but a pragmatic one who probably would have been a decent president (and certainly better than King Andrew).

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Octatonic posted:

Hey hey, anti-masons are crypto-nothing. We are real, truthful citizens who have had enough of the cryptography and related deciets of those elitist, scummy probably-apostates.

them and their revellings :argh:

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Webster/Granger just by virtue of being the most anti-slavery ticket, as low as that bar is in this period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Bryter posted:

Granger seems pretty decent all things considered, and Webster's at the very least tolerable

*cue a post with indisputable evidence that they were actually proto-nazis or some other horrible poo poo*

Daniel Webster was pretty decent for his whole career but then threw his legacy away by supporting the Compromise of 1850, going from beloved Whig statesman to detested turncoat instantly.

• Locked thread