Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Aliquid posted:

In case any of y'all haven't heard, Broadway's getting its rear end kicked by an A-Ham hip-hop musical and it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZwEaYHSpc

:stare:

After reading up on it a bit, I gotta see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Yeah, I'm going Jay/Ellsworth for maximum (zombie-)Hamilton puppetmastery.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

I don't know. Nathaniel Macon's position of "I hate literally everyone and everything" seems pretty appealing.

Holy poo poo, I skimmed past him but you are COMPLETELY RIGHT.

Edit: Yep, decided to go with Stroke-Crippled Elder Statesman / Obstructionist Madman 1824. Macon for Effectively President please ignore that Crawford is pretty much back to functioning by election time and stays that way, albeit more comfortable as a judge in his home state than in federal service, until his death in 1834.

Goatse James Bond has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Jan 24, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

memy posted:

What an awful loving election

The only problem with JQA I'm seeing is his misguided foray into protectionism. :colbert:

Well, and maligning Jackson's wife, I guess.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

Congratulations on voting for Adams/Clay's astroturf group.

An Adams astroturf group is an astroturf group you can trust.

Edit: also, we can Make This Country Great Again on the backs of expendable Germans. :colbert:

Goatse James Bond has issued a correction as of 04:28 on Feb 1, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Possible choices for me:

WHH, who drank the AntiMasonic koolaid even in our timeline and also had no objectionable policies as President, which is tough to manage. He's a bit flimsy on slavery, but he'll probably be a worthy successor to His Elective Majesty, President Wirt.

Webster has been covered, but would be likely to have more problematic policies than historical-WHH and may have been coopted by the Freemasons.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Carrasco posted:

I can't believe the Anti-Masons actually won. I'm so glad.

Well, I mean, the alternatives were

Andrew Jackson, Murderous Masonic Monster and defender of the common man,
Henry Clay, generally competent statesman who is entirely too pro-slavery,
and John Floyd, States Rights Anti-Federalist.

William Wirt, the (only) reasonable man from the Anti-Masonic Party, was almost a slam dunk if we didn't have some eloquent Clay lobbyists. Which we didn't.

--

Unfortunately, Wirt dies in 1834, so we'd have his raving madman Vice President in charge for two years finally getting his chance to purge anyone accused of Freemasonry, suspected of Freemasonry, or who he otherwise doesn't like.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Heck, how do we know Wirt died of natural causes?

A former Freemason dies in office, to be succeeded by an obsessive antiMasonic lunatic? How convenient. :tinfoil:

I particularly like the sequence where a heavily armed Andrew Jackson infiltrates the White House to uncover evidence against Ellmaker and his co-conspirators.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

just rust posted:

Just as the Monroe Doctrine states that South America is the Union's backyard, the Johnson Doctrine states that the hollow core of the Earth is the USA's basement. We shall explore this planet's virgin cavity, colonize it, and protect it from the multitude of menaces in the Old World. It is the divine Creator's will and our sacred duty as His chosen, enlightened few.

I completely skipped that sentence in the summary. :psyboom:

Uh, well, hm.

Are you completely certain that Johnson, noted Jacksonian agent, would not allow the Freemasons to dominate Inner Terra? Certainly, we need to launch an expedition, but now is not the time, and Johnson is not the leader we need. William Henry Harrison will lay the groundwork we need to ensure that true Americans are the heirs to the fecundity of the lower caverns.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

John Tyler for President so he can set the precedent that is about to be used to keep the Supreme Court at eight Justices for eleven months.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nebakenezzer posted:

So, what way is the Order of the Cincinnati signaled to vote again? Asking for a friend.

I'm a one issue voter, and that issue is "No Popery."

I have good news, friend. News about Freemasonry being a Papist conspiracy to destroy our country and our way of life. News of President Ellmaker being stopped at the moment of victory by their perfidious influence.

Vote *flips coin* William Henry Harrison for a less Papist future.

Not necessarily that much less Papist, since both he and Tyler are Episcopalian and therefore diet Catholics, but at least the founder of their church broke off with the Bishop of Rome because he wanted to divorce his wife nonlethally.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The Masons... have emerged victorious from the dark caverns below. :negative:

I do not yet have a strong opinion on this election and am open to reasonable and/or appropriately insane arguments.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nebakenezzer posted:

Adlai Stephenson becomes the force of destiny he was always meant to be. I mean, the dude ruled, look what he was saying publicly in the 19 fuckin' 50s:

Well, I am sold.

Cat/Other Cat for President.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A bit late to sway the vote, but General Winfield Scott, Pompous rear end in a top hat Father Of The Modern American Army, is goddamn fantastic and will receive an effortpost in the next day or two.

He is also a very reasonable man on the Native Americans (did his best to follow his orders as humanely as possible) and slavery.

As befits a genius who stands above lesser men and also is noticeably more spherical.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Look, there's nothing you can say at this point to change my mind: the right man for the job is the corpse of Daniel Webster.

Pre-corpse Webster endorsed Scott over his own then-live candidacy. We should respect his last official position on the subject and elect a stubborn, obnoxious curmudgeon to chart a reasonable, sensible path to enlightenment and prosperity and browbeat everyone who is not reasonable or sensible.

We already elected a stubborn obnoxious curmudgeon in John Adams Pbuh. We need more.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Jesus, talk about entrepreneurship.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ibogaine posted:

In that case you may want to consider voting for the guy Karl Marx endorsed: It was Lincoln.

Actually, you might even say that Marx was as much a fan of Old Abe as the rest of us:

Here's the full letter: https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/iwma/documents/1864/lincoln-letter.htm

While this letter is a source of infinite joy to me, I have to accept the fact that I had been wrong when discussing Marx's legacy in the past. After all, I have to admit now that the conservatives were right all along: Marx did support an authoritarian, fanatical and immoral political party at one point. While his intentions may have been pure, we should never forget the dark and destructive political legacy of the Republican Party. The fact that they only showed their truly and utterly vile face after his death only partially exhonerates him of his previous support.

This is the best goddamn thread.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

When your company's sainted founder is literally named James Crow, you have to choose between running away from that awkward association or donning it wholeheartedly like a pointy white hat.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nckdictator posted:

I'm convinced.

Boss Tw*ed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

I thought I would finally be able to vote for a candidate without holding my nose, but Wing's support for referenda on major decisions is a major negative

It hasn't really been tried yet, so presumably it'll be fixed after it burns down the country. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

Despite Wing’s clear advantages during the campaign, such as his complete lack of experience or viable party infrastructure,

:golfclap:

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nebakenezzer posted:

Where would America be if we didn't steal things from native people, I ask you

Rhode Island? :v:

• Locked thread