Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
There absolutely needs to be a strong central government, so the Democratic Republicans can all go suck it. Aaron Burr is sweet, but not the hero we need right now--we really need to establish John Adams owns bones, but I don't think he has the political clout right now to effectively get his policies passed. Washington to hold the union together, Adams to be waiting in the wings to step in and keep things going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

John Adams/John Jay. Federalist Party 4 Lyfe.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

While a unified timeline is pretty clearly a lost cause, I'd love to get tidbits from history goons about what they think would be the result of any given goon election, like how not electing Washington would probably have just made the union collapse completely, or what getting colonial-era Frank Underwood (Aaron Burr) elected might have been like.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

This is a terrible suite of candidates. John Adams is probably the best of the bunch, but he passed the awful, awful Alien and Sedition Act, Thomas Jefferson opposes that act which is nice, but the rest of his views are garbage and he's a garbage human being, Aaron Burr is made of nothing but raw ambition, Pinckney is a puppet that champions slavery, and John Jay is on the decline health-wise. John Adams/John Jay is still a reasonable ticket but urgh. Maybe that should read John Jay/John Adams, because while they're pretty clearly the best option I am holding my nose here.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Nebakenezzer posted:

In the world where goons were the electorate, elections ended due to the fourth civil war.

Come on, now, that's not true at all.

Elections ended when the nation immediately crumbled when not-George-Washington was elected.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Cast my vote for Bidwell! Full communism is all well and good, but I like my promises of reform to come from people who actually have a chance of pulling them off. Granted, actual prohibition is a poo poo policy that is only ever going to cause trouble, but he's not attempting to dismantle his own office and replace the entirety of the government and society with a completely new structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I think part of the fun of this is choosing between (heavily flawed) people, not generic candidates that we can project everything onto. I say mention them being there for curiosity's sake, but don't put them on the poll.

• Locked thread