Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Sharkie posted:

Voted John/John, we need to put the South in its place and drag it into a free and industrialized society asap.
i have no idea what i'm doing

you're following my pre-reconstruction flowchart: first vote abolition, then vote federalism, then vote gently caress the south

federalism is usually overlapping with gently caress the south but gotta make sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
This garbage loving election made me vote for Jefferson :suicide:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
literally everyone is a slaver or slavery apologist so

oystertoadfish posted:

where my federalists at

ride till i die

(pinckney/king)

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Clinton is an actual abolitionist and still counts as Federalist, sorry King

kalstrams posted:

Clinton/Ingersoll '12, down with slavery!

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Corek posted:

I wonder if people will vote for the left-wing Populists when they come up considering that their great champion Thomas E. Watson "is now and will ever be a fearless advocate of the Jeffersonian Theory of Popular Government, and will oppose to the bitter end the Hamiltonian Doctrines of Class Rule, Moneyed Aristocracy, National Banks, High Tariffs, Standing Armies and formidable Navies — all of which go together as a system of oppressing the people."

depends on whether he thinks its totally fine to keep african americans oppressed because they aren't 'the people'

e: oh hey look, he was pretending to be racially inclusive while running for office and then turned out to be a gigantic flaming bag of poo poo later on so

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Carrasco posted:

I can't believe someone would stoop so low as to characterize Andrew Jackson as a bloodthirsty maniac.

I agree, it's an insult to mere bloodthirsty maniacs.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Time for a second term :getin:

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Harold Stassen posted:

Will we be able to elect Nixon in 1960, 1968 and 1972 giving him potentially three terms?

no you god drat will not

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

Bullysses S. Grant is my vote.

on the subject reconstruction era is going to be just an unending stream of argument between 'lol grant was drunk and corrupt' and 'not really, that's mostly horseshit revisionism from the lost cause history movement'

i'm looking forward to it :tem:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Empress Theonora posted:

I just hope that, at the very least, we can all come together and elect Lincoln. I guess there weren't any wacky extra candidates or Adamses to split the anti-slavery vote, though. :v:

depends on if op decides to throw all the plausible nominees for the republican party that election in

chaos reigns

team of rivals is a good book

• Locked thread