Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

So, should we campaign for our picks here to try to sway opinion? Team JohnJohn. I'll let the reader figure out which two I want them to vote for.

E: also this is an awesome idea.

E2: the only way I can think to avoid voter fraud would be to make people register to vote, maybe have a field for SA username? Don't know how to validate it, though.

carticket has issued a correction as of 15:16 on Nov 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Bloody Queef posted:

Washington/Rutledge vote all day long. What kind of ridiculous person in TYOOL 1788 opposes slavery? Slaves will be integral into launching our new country as a super power. And 20% of the population of our fledgling country is the negro slave.

Washington Rutledge the pro cotton ticket.

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal...

This means slaves, too. At least the manslaves.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

IMO we should be doing instant runoff rather than first past the post. Also, does Google sheets let you have a live updating graph? That would be cool.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

QuoProQuid posted:

Why would I introduce a sensible voting mechanism into a thread about the United States Presidency?

I don't have a counterargument.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Octatonic posted:

I have a hard time believing that John Jay is so Brazen in his undermine the sovereignty of our great state as well, friend. We just fought a long war against the crown, and the last thing that we want is to bow to another "King", or indeed, if he has his way, the SAME king. Now is no longer the time for this extremist nonsense. We are a young nation, and we should do this right.

We've just put in place a constitution that recognizes the average man is simple, which is why we don't directly elect a president. John Jay is ahead of his time and recognizes that the average state, too, is simple and cannot be trusted with much power. We must centralize authority to facilitate uniform law across this great nation.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Angepain posted:

The UK will abolish slavery sooner, so clearly the quickest route to ending slavery in the US is to forget this whole silly independence thing and come back to the benevolent arms of good ol' Blighty. We'll only oppress you a teensy bit, honest.

This is getting old, guys. We've been indie for 12 years.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Washington is an uneducated dunce.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Seiken Hiro posted:

John Jay seems like a true baller and has the right idea with telling the states to suck his right nut. I tip my head to the Fed!

Jay/Adams

John Jay is cool.
John Adams is good.
Jay/Adams is cool and good.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

We're going to end up with Adams/Washington, I'm guessing. Adams gets the veep nod from both Jay and Washington supporters, and I'd bet that Washington has more support than Jay.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Platystemon posted:

They don’t have to take it if their grandfather had stairs in his house.

Maternal or paternal. Only of mine had stairs in his house.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

(Re)Elect Jay/Adams 1792

I have to start campaigning early since the polls will open this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I voted to defund congress just like the NH house/senate.

• Locked thread