Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I'm not usually a big fan of small dogs but I've met a few havanese and they were all super fun little dogs. They were all smart, playful and not super yappy. A+ dogs would mop again.

Edit:
Chis are probably going to have a lot of issues with the cold unless you're willing to bundle them up and they definitely shed. Every pom I've met has been an utter douchebag and I'm not sure I would trust a lot of them around kids because they can be bitey little assholes.

Instant Jellyfish fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

If I were in your shoes I'd look for a really good rescue that fosters their dogs and let them know exactly what you're looking for. A lot of small dog specific rescues seem to basically be fronts for hoarders and be prepared to hear a lot of bitching and moaning about you having kids but if you find a good, sane rescue they should be able to hook you up with a dog that will be appropriate for your family. Just be sure to stick to your "must haves" and don't fall for a sad story and end up with an 80 lb psycho bite risk like I did!

An adult rehome/retired show dog from an excellent breeder would also be a great choice.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

In my experience bostons still desire mayhem but aren't able to breathe enough/have enough face to carry it out. Be sure to look up brachycephalic syndrome if you are interested in bostons, pugs, or any of the other flat faced dogs so you know what medical issues to be prepared for.

• Locked thread