Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Since this is the newly minted small dog thread, does anyone have suggestions on winter clothes? This is my second actual winter, and I am scratching my head over how my dogs survived the last one with no "real" winter clothing to speak of. Sure, I had their sweaters from those chilly <50 days in California but that must have sucked for them at 6a.m. in subzero temps. Last winter we got down to -14 but most days were single digits or teens. I just bought some silly wool blend custom jacket for the mini dachshund who spends about three minutes outside at a time. He's 13 and poops/pees basically the instant you put him down so he gets to go back in after a little reward jog. I love him, but I'm not the one who takes him outside. I get stuck with my dog, a jerk of a rat terrier mix who has to poop directly onto bushes/trees/walls/rocks or through fences and needs some wind up to do so. I'm trying to find something for him that isn't $80 w/o shipping. He also is not afraid of snow at all and last year got stuck in snow drifts a few times due to his tiny stiletto paws, what a ditz.

This is how they spend most of their day: being two old men.

Primpin and Pimpin fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

That dog looks pretty uncanny! Mine sleeps like yours all the time, must be a terrier thing.

I figure him for a rat terrier, but dunno for sure since I found him on the streets. I've had him for 7 years now and he's down to 11 teeth remaining. Good boy, bad genetics. Not even remotely interested in small animals at all, either.

• Locked thread